ICC Champions Trophy

England v Zimbabwe T Taibu +0.5 runs to beat M Vermeulen @ 1.91 Vermeulen's last 10 ODI innings read (most recent first) 17, 25, 20, 4, 14*, 1, 2, 5, 36, 6. His record outside Zimbabwe reads 14*, 1, 2, 5, 22. Taibu is the only Zimbabwean player I really rate at the moment, and while he does sometimes get out early in his innings, I expect him to outscore Vermeulen.

Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe M Atapattu -0.5 runs to beat S Jayasuriya @ 1.9 Jayasuriya is a quality player but extremely inconsistent, and often takes a couple of innings to get into his stride. Atapattu in his last 9 innings has scored (most recent first) 97*, 26, 64, 65, 8, 19, 50, 38, 21*.

Australia v New Zealand Australia to beat NZ @ 1.43 A lot of people have been talking up the chances of New Zealand here, but looking at the facts makes this price look remarkable. Quite simply, Australia are still way ahead of any other team in World cricket. Australia have beaten the Kiwis in the last 6 meetings. Two of these meetings have been in the big tournaments, and on those occassions the Aussies won by 164 runs and 96 runs. Australia have been seen by some people to be a bit vulnerable, but that is just ridiculous - they have lost just 2 in their last 18 games, both narrow defeats away to Sri Lanka. New Zealand have had a long summer, with the Test Series and Natwest Series, and their recent ODI record is less impressive when you see that recent wins have been against the weak WI and England sides, and the woefully out of form South Africans.

Sri Lanka v Engkland V Solanki +0.5 runs to beat M Trescothick @ 1.92 Solanki has been in excellent form this summer, and has finally looked like he might fulfill his obvious potential. Trescothick has struggled with only one 50 in ODIs, and his game will be less suited than Solanki's to the Sri Lankan bowling attack.

Re: Sri Lanka v Engkland Good work in here dave. :clap Just after a bit of advice (from anyone!).... ..In a fantasy league for this ICC Cup...Captain gets double points....and today (before the Eng/SL game) is the last chance to change the team. So...It stands to logic that I'd want my captain to be in a team that will win their last pool game...therefore getting (at least) 2 more games instead of 1. So (longwinded, I know! :lol ), I'm asking who you think will win each of the 3 remaining pool games? Thanks mate.

Guest hawksteel

ICC Weekend Treble Aside from the suggestion above, went ahead and did a small treble on the weekend games: England 1.6 South Africa 1.55 Pakistan 1.75 Comes out to be slightly over 4.0. England seems to be in really good form, ODI or otherwise. The South Africa/West Indies game seems a bit worrisome, but I think the Windies are more out of form than SA. Pakistan seems to have the edge over India, but being the tag or last game, you can middle the treble on Sunday should you want to save your risk if the two first games survive.

India v Pakistan Solanki would have beaten Trescothick, had it not been for a dreadful dropped catch early in Trescothick's innings. Anyway onto the next bet. S Ganguly +0.5 runs to beat V Sehwag @ 1.8 Very difficult to understand this price, Sehwag has been woeful recently, while Ganguly has just hit back to back 90s.

England v Australia Just in profit (though only just) after Ganguly's failure. I think the layers have got the match odds for this one just about right, with Australia 1.47 and England 3.05, but there is one bet that stands out to me. Australia to score highest first 15 over total @ 1.6 You only have to look at the batting orders of these sides to see who is likely to score quickly early on. Australia have Gilchrist, Hayden, Ponting as the top 3. Solanki and Trescothick are capable of quick runs, but I don't expect them to both last too long. Then comes Vaughan who is very ordinary right now and Andrew Strauss isn't really a one-day player.

Guest chair leg

thoughts... Would have been a much better bet had Australia batted 2nd... (one that wins about 80% IMO) even if England had scored a lowish total batting 1st Australia would have gone hard enough early... Now if Australia score a largish total, it will disadvantage the bet, because England may feel they need to knock a few of the runs off early

Re: thoughts... Honestly, it is still a good bet. If you were worried about who was batting first, then you should have waited until after the toss to place the bet. And the team batting 2nd does not generally win 80% of the matches. It has been high in this tournament because of when it is held, but normally it is actually about 50-50.

Guest chair leg

... do any of the UK books offer over or under runs in the 1st 15 overs? I'd have made the Australia total about 80 and the England total about 70 ... how about over or under for the 50 overs? I see bet365 updates this in running... Under 283 (50 overs) 1.83 Bet Add 283 and Over (50 overs) 1.83 anyone know what it opened at before the first ball?

Guest chair leg

6's How do england's batsmen rate at being a threat to hit 6's? I know flintoff is a big threat, and vaughn and collingwood rarely hit them, how do the others rate, particularly solanki and strauss?

Guest hawksteel

Re: 6's Well I can't believe I forgot to up some money for England, but woulda lost some of it on Pakistan. Now its England vs. Windies yet again.. frankly England is in super form, and are very familiar with the Windies and how to deal with them. The Windies themselves are on a nice run, though Pakistan made for a horrific showing and South Africa didn't really display much either. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of value in England overall (1.6 or so).. so it's props I guess...

Guest Postman Pat

England v West Indies. With regard to the final on Saturday. Whoever bowls first then back. (as long as it is not too windy) Dew on the ground makes the ball swing alot more than usual. Especially with this white ball. Two pretty evenly matched sides here IMO. Windies beat us in the recent ODI but we are a better side now and have the confidence following a win over Australia. Semi Finals. Windies bowled first (won) England bowled first (won) Quarters (India v Pakistan) Pakistan bowled first (won) (South Africa v West Indies) Windies bowled first (won) (England v Sri Lanka) SL bowled first lost (rain affected england also got to bowl the following morning) (Australia v New Zealand) Australia bowled first (won) The rest of the games were mis-matches with poor side taking part. England are a better chasing side anyway. I just hope we win the toss. System has stood me well towards the end of the domestic one day matches and this tournement, so far. Late Summer weather affects cricket quite alot. Hope this helps.

Guest chair leg

yep one dayers are a bit of a joke, toss winner wins far too often to call it "fair". what was inzy thinking batting 1st! LOL! Will also be on the side chasing! gotta get down as soon as toss news becomes available!