deadlydaveLDN's last hurrah - 1000 MTT Challenge

deadlydaveLDN

I've recently become a little disillusioned with poker. I've messed around with different formats and stakes of cash games, and after a couple of weeks just had enough every time. And most of the time I've been winning too. I've come to the conclusion that grinding out the cash games is fine if that's how you make your money, but given that I have a job I enjoy, what I'm really after is the enjoyment that I used to get from this great game. So I am setting myself a challenge that will a) Take me back to where I started in poker - low buy-in MTTs b) Hopefully be more enjoyable c) Give me a goal that should keep me motivated d) Potentially see me quit poker I plan to play 1000 MTTs, all buy-ins of $5.50 or less. I predict this will take around a year, though I may be may be way over or under on that. At the end of the 1000 MTTs, if I am not in profit, I will quit poker, apart from the occassional trip to Vegas. If I am sufficiently in profit to move up in stakes I will do that and think of another challenge. If I am in profit but not massively, I haven't decided yet. I'll use this thread to post results/anything else that I feel is useful, whether that be strategy or anything else. I will initially be employing a much tighter stlye of play than I have in the past, as I believe that will pay dividens at these low stakes.