Goodwood Saturday 12th Sept

StuSimmy

15.10 Goodwood - Going For Gold This race is full of unexposed runners but Going For Gold is my pick. She still has plenty more to come than shes already shown in my opinion. She has only had the 5 runs and has knocked up one win and one place so far. Has run over 12 furlongs twice and this is where her best form has come with the win and the place both ocurring over today's distance. LTO she finished 3/9, she was slow out the stalls and finished behind "Excelsior Academy" and "Citizenship" that day. "Citizenship" finished just half a length in front of Going For Gold, which was fairly creditable since"Citizenship" ran a great race off the same mark previous to this outing finishing 2nd behind "Eastern Aria" at Goodwood in a Class 3 handicap. Going For Gold also finished 1 and a half lengths in front of "Embsay Crag" in the same race. "Embsay Crag" went on to win in a Class 3 handicap NTO off the same mark. One horse who opposes Going For Gold today in Sam Sharp was 6th in that race, beaten 2 and a half lengths by "Embsay Crag". Sam Sharp is down 3lbs from that race whereas Going For Gold is up 2lbs. On this basis, Sam Sharp is fairly entitled to be around the same odds as Going For Gold. However, Sam Sharp has yet to tackle 12 furlongs and hasn't really shown much signs that he will appreciate the step up in trip. Another positive for me is that the trainer is bang in form, over the last 14 days R Charlton has had 2 winners and 8 places from 14 runners. Ryan Moore is a top jockey and is in top form, notching up 2 winners at Doncaster yesterday. Must also note her last run was on GS and her win came on Firm going, the going will probably be Good To Firm today so that should suit her fine. There are many unexposed in this race so something may improve elsewhere in the race but I am positive my selection has a great chance (well why else would I back it?). Going For Gold to win! Will post up price tomorrow when I place the bet. Must note that within this write up the price on betfair went from 8.2 into 6.2 so its being nibbled at.

Re: Goodwood Saturday 12th Sept 4.20 Goodwood Rowe Park has been a magnificent servant to connections and continues to hold his form well. After winning a Newbury Group 3 in 2007 he ended 2008 without a win to his name, but this year he has scooped a listed prize at his favourite track, Lingfield, and ran several eyecatching races under unfavourable conditions of late. He looks overpriced at 16/1 here and should get the race set up nicely for him. 16/1 SJ, 5 pts EW (3 places, 1/5 odds).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.