Wolverhampton 11th Sept (AW) (eve)

chris34

Tomorrow evenings Wolverhampton card. Struggled to find much to go on with this card actually so we shall see what happens. 6.10 Wolverhampton Weetasurprise has been in fine form recently and finally got back in front over CD last time out, does have a 6lb penalty and a slightly wider draw tonight which might make it tougher but still well within reach after winning so comfortably. Don pele has been running ok but needs to find more on recent efforts but is extremely well treated on previous form having last won a handicap off a mark of 69 back in feb round lingfield is rated 64 tonight and has a useful 5lb claimer on board aswell, seems to enjoy wolver aswell having had 2 runs and won twice all be it in a claimer and seller. 0.5pt win Weetasurprise 0.25pt e/w Don Pele 6.40 Wolverhampton Salute absolutely loves it round Wolverhampton and seems to save all his best running for here, has been seen here since winning in march, has been running at kempton and southwell with little success and has slipped back down to a very attractive mark, last won off a mark of 74 and runs off 71 tonight also this is a also a more suitable trip than 2mile he has been contesting at Kempton 0.5pt e/w Salute 7.10 Wolverhampton Kochanski won a seller handicap off this mark in july at beverley has since been in and out on turf and slipped back to last winning mark, also has previous course form winning of 56 mark on handicap debut back in february runs off 50 today. Also drawn nicely in stall 4. Jachol hasnt been seen on the aw yet but is a consistent sort and has been threatening off marks around this if taking to the surface and first tme cheekpieces have desire affect could go well but does have to overcome bad draw which isnt ideal for a prominent runner/front runner. 0.25pt e/w jachol 0.25pt e/w kochanski 9.10 Wolverhampton Kings icon was a runner up behind a heavily backed improver last time out in chears for thea and will be looking to get revenge tonight off same mark and jockey, draw doesnt seem to be a problem for this horse. Kingsgate castle has a better draw and ran a cracking second behind mayoman at newcastle earlier in the week, has Fallon on board does have previous all weather form winning his maiden round lingfield but hasnt been seen round wolverhampton yet. 0.5pt win kings icon 0.5pt win kingsgate castle

Re: Wolverhampton 11th Sept (AW) (eve) 8.40 Wolverhampton - Electric City (12/1 William Hill) I fancy Russian Davis will be a false price tonight with the services of Sir Kieren of Fallon on top, and that will obviously lead to others being slightly longer than they should be. The one I like in this race is Electric City. On a bit of a wing and a prayer with this one I guess, given Quinlan's record (3 winners) in 2009, but 2 of those were in August so recent-ish. Basing my hopes on this one entirely on her 2nd run - at Newmarket at the back end of July. She chased a generous pace that day and stayed on inside the final fo the 6fs to come 3rd, hinting that tonight's 7f distance will suit In front of her that day were Taajub - subsequently 2nd in the Gimcrack and the Wetherbys Yearlings race with an OR of 108; and Arabian Pride - who subsequently beat Rakaan and has an OR of 86. Whilst there's also a few who were in behind who also lend weight to my suggestion she's been underestimated with an OR of 76 herself. Kona Coast, 4l behind in 7th, has since ran well behind Najd before shedding his maiden at Brighton and has an OR of 77. Maldon Prom, another nose away in 8th improved nto and has qualified for an OR of 72. Fardyieh, 5l behind Electric City, has since ran 2nd and 1st and has an OR of 78. All of which suggests to me that Electric City could well be up to winning a race off a mark in the low 80s, so, racing off 76 tonight, she gets my vote at a nice price of 12/1 with WH.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.