The edge

joe mavis

Hi everyone whilst feeding my new born baby in the early hours of this morning I was thinking about how to get the edge over the bookies, then I started to think about recent upsets, I have been following the US Open and was watching the Jankovic match on thursday night and she looked terribly out of sorts, I did not quite understand I mean upsets obviously happen but she was playing terrible more than her opponent playing well anyway the next day I read an interview about her saying her grandmother had died earlier in the week and her head was all over the place (Jankovics not her nans) I know this seems in poor taste but info like this before the match is so vital but how would you find out gold nugget info like this early?? I also remember when England cricket team got booted out of there hotel due to a fire alarm in the early hours of the morning before a vital ashes match and there was the time Spurs team got food poisioning there are so many - any info/help appreciated. PS if this is in the wrong section feel free to move Mods Joe

Re: The edge

I read an interview about her saying her grandmother had died earlier in the week and her head was all over the place (Jankovics not her nans)
For some reason I really :lol at this. What you're talking about is what I really enjoy about sports betting - decipher the mental strength and weaknesses of competitors and finding value. What you're specifically referring to though would obviously require some inside information or at the very least a strong flow of information. Also, if the information is all over the news, like the Spurs flu, then prices will obviously be affected. Examples like the Jankovic one are good as if the information was public it probably wouldn't have an impact on prices, even though it is a key mental factor. But be aware, such things can have the opposite affect too. Before Lance Armstrong won the tour, he rode with a bloke named Fabio Casartelli. Casartelli died during one of the tour stages. A couple of stages later, Armstrong went on to win a stage and dedicated it to Casartelli. He also said in an interview how he was inspired to victory by his friend's death.