** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Hand from the Willy Hill SS tonight.

Chapman

Here is the hand I was knocked out with in the Willy Hill SS tonight, in this game you have 2k started chips and 15min levels, this hand is in level one. f_vbmum_7dafc8f.jpg This is not a complaint as such, just wondering if I did anything wrong here as it's very early in the game but this is a common problem I have early in a MTT and I've busted more than once in similar situations. I have no real read on the other guy in the hand what with it being so early, I thought two things after he min raised my continuation bet on the flop, the first being that he put me on AK/AQ so thought he could steal the pot right there but also that he probably had a flush/straight draw so it was a 'semi bluff steal' if there is such a thing. It didn't feel like he had a set so I ruled that out pretty quick, I thought the chance of JQ was low as I had two Q's in my hand, the hand I was most afraid of was 7h 8h which was a possible after he flat called two raises pre-flop aswell as AX of hearts, the question is was it wrong to shove at this stage of the game considering all the possible draws the villain could have even if you feel you have the best hand at that point or could/should I be able to get away from it and wait for a better spot with so much time to pick one. I'm guessing this is a pot control situation, which is something I think I really need to work on, any thoughts welcome. :ok

Re: Hand from the Willy Hill SS tonight.

the hand I was most afraid of was 7h 8h
You shouldn't be worried about this hand because a) It's such a miniscule part of his range (ie he has to have exactly these 2 cards) b) You are actually a 50.3%-49.7% favourite if he has 7h8h, so combined with the money already in the pot you have to just get it all in. You should be happy that you got it all in ahead on the flop, on such a drawy board, and just remember that sometimes you'll get outdrawn. Old school players will probably say wait for a better spot. Newer players will say you should take any edge you can get.

Re: Hand from the Willy Hill SS tonight. Cheers Dave, as you say sometimes you will get outdrawn but you can't do much more than get your chips in ahead and if you can double through early in a MTT it gives you alot more leeway to put pressure on people. Big pairs not going my tonight though. :lol ***** Betfair Poker Hand History for Game 567795455 ***** NL Texas Hold'em $5 Buy-in + $0.50 Entry Fee, Level:4 Blinds(50/100-(no ante)) - Wednesday, August 26, 23:15:14 GMT 2009 $400 Guaranteed NL Hold'em #272718 Table 5 9-max (Real Money) Seat 5 is the button Total number of active players : 8 Seat 1: Jersey147 ( 8,017.50 ) Seat 2: DELTA55 ( 971 ) Seat 3: niklavs ( 2,986 ) Seat 5: One4droad ( 4,328 ) Seat 6: Chapsmick82 ( 2,049.50 ) Seat 7: madisone ( 2,027 ) Seat 8: Des Bone ( 3,125 ) Seat 9: scotty12345 ( 2,796.25 ) Tourney Level:4 Blinds(50/100-(no ante)) Chapsmick82 posts small blind [50] madisone posts big blind [100] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to Chapsmick82 [ Kd, Ks ] Des Bone calls [100] scotty12345 folds Jersey147 calls [100] DELTA55 folds niklavs folds One4droad calls [100] Chapsmick82 raises to [600] madisone folds Des Bone folds Jersey147 calls [500] One4droad folds ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2h, 3d, 5d ] Chapsmick82 goes all-in Chapsmick82 bets [1,449.50] Jersey147 calls [1,449.50] ** Showdown ** Jersey147 shows [ 5c, 5h ] Chapsmick82 shows [ Kd, Ks ] ** Dealing Turn ** [ Qs ] ** Dealing River ** [ Jd ] ** Hand Conclusion ** Jersey147 wins 4,399 from main pot with three of a kind, Fives ************ Game 567795455 ends ************