EuroBasket 2009

http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/default.asp There are ten more days till the start of the men's European basketball championship in Poland.:cheers Hopefully this thread would be of interest for many punters here and would bring us profit(anyone could contribute,especially with some infos on your national teams)! I am very tempted by 1.80 offered for Spain outright winner.Now when Slovenian squad(considered them like the only team that has quality to oppose Spain) have some probs and the price on them is constantly rising,Russia misses Holden and Kirilenko,Greece is without Papaloukas,Diamantidis and few more,Lithuania without Siskauskas,Jasikevicius and Songaila,I think that Spaniards should take the gold with ease and I see nice value in them,even Pau Gasol isn't 100% fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Opening of the championship today with the matches Macedonia v. Greece and Russia v Latvia. May have a few more punts throught the day but what I've already bet on is on the opening two. Fingers crossed for profitable start! Macedonia + 10,5 @ 1.87 (4/10) Believe in the dog's here,mixture of experienced and young talented squad who posses the quality to fight with the biggest,who will not be pleased with nothing less but reaching the next round on the championship.Surely they'll have their chance against Israel tomorrow,what is must win for reaching their goal! Today's game is more than sport for these guys,they will die on the court to defeat Greece and give the nation the biggest sport joy ever.Macedonia can't use constitutional name on any international sport event,was even blocked to enter some euro integrations by today's opponent what makes the nation angry and this is the first time when these to countries meet each other on big int. sport stage.And it's a big ego challenge to show them ''who's better''. Back on the game now,bookies surely didn't have that in mind when making the odds and the lines,but I am still surprised how Greece is over ratted here.They are here with depleted squad ,missing their best players and their form is unknown,especially at the start.Not saying that quality isn't on their side! Macedonia with the leadership of Stefanov and Massey,plus quality player(or two) on every other position can give big fight today and I am sure that they'll be much more motivated. This handicap line is something I wasn't expecting but not taking the bet with higher stake only because it's just the start and I am not sure of teams performances.Completely objective on the bet as I really think that close game is to be played with Greece taking it at the end,but far from covering ten pt. handicap..it won't be objective if I was on us-straight win.May regret of being that objective,price looks huge..:) Russia v Latvia -under 148,5 pt. @ 1.87 (4/10) After loosing Kirilenko and Holden,Russians best attacking force now there's one more big blow for the squad with the loss of Khryapa for the championship.With these three being out I really can't see Russia scoring too much.And with the loss of these three Latvia has a good chance of upset imo,and if they make it I can't see them scoring more than 70 points,as they are not that strong offensively.The likes of Kambala and Biedrins in Latvian team can score pretty easily but will have big problems as imo Russia will try to win the match thanks to good play in defence. Nice opportunity for the unders here. Hope that I won't stay alone in this thread! Good luck all :ok

Re: EuroBasket 2009 @ RePunt just to know, Repunt, you are one of my favourite gamblers here and i followed your handball picks too. :) i will follow you here and i will try to write too here, even i must mention the basketball isnt my 1st sport, but i know something about it, i dont watch european basketball so often, just nba. from these 2 matches, i preffer Macedonia +10.5, but i have the feeling will be very close! Greece can win at 12 points lets say, but also just at 8-9. i repeat, it will be very close, but i need to risk it, because today i cant find better handball spread. :) Its true Greece didnt look so good in friendlies, they smashed only Romania and all the Greeks enjoyed that play, but after that some mediocre matches came. In fact, who is Romania in basketball men? they are pretty good just at girls. But I must risk this, because there is a big rivalry between these 2 countries and because it is 1st match and Greece has some players missing. But it will be close! :beer

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Instead of betting Russia -3.5 because the Russians never lose with former USSR countries, I have bet Macedonia +10.5 and WHAT A BAD START, but I still believe it is too early... :D Macedonia 0/3 at 2 points! ******* INCREDIBLE! :)))) and the Greeks arent playing impressive! OK, HANDICAP ****** AFTER JUST 1 HALF! No more watching, Macedonia has no basketball team, no offense, no defense, no organisation... I am asking myself why are they so overrated, because of some friendlies? It's true both team have 2 black players, especially Greece, both are awesome! the pivot of Greece can play without problems in NBA!

Re: EuroBasket 2009

Macedonia + 10,5 @ 1.87 (4/10) Crap! :puke I am only sorry for Timi and others who followed. If someone watched the game must be asking him self how the fcuk is Macedonia in top 16 on the continent,but I can assure you that it wasn't the real face of this team.The best players were more on the bench than on the field and I like to think that headcoach was saving the strenght for tomorrow's decisive game against Israel. Russia v Latvia -under 148,5 pt. @ 1.87 (4/10) What to say on this one,total of 149 poinst in the match.:@
Bad start,but hope better days will come.:hope

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Eurobasket 2009 winner - Spain @1.90 unibet I was about to give up on this bet before Spain-Serbia match, odds were at the time at miserable 1.57. However, Serbia gave a big lesson to the spaniards today and destroyed them in every aspect of the game. Spain looked unmotivated, tired and lost, and even their huge individual quality couldn't get them out of the huge minus during the whole game. This embarassing defeat came just in time, and Spain will definetly have to change their approach. Their quality isn't questionable at all, they are the best team on this tournament by far and i believe that we'll agains see 1.60ish odds after the second round. There's many games left and spain has enough time to pick up their form and go all the way.

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Early price offered for Macedonia on Betclick and Betfair @ 4 is just insane. With only one game played,humiliating for loss for Macedonia and more than decent display by Israelis against medal favs. Croatia and that's all it needed for the odds to be set like this.In fact thanks.It's total mistake imo and will jump on that with high stake as I see incredible value in Macedonia at four! Croatia played below their usual level,but as how the euro progress they'll be finding their rhythm more and more.They struggled with Israel,what is not unusual for the big names at the start on championship(Spain lost to Serbia yesterday and France was troubled big vs. Germany).Israel played great match,they even had nice chance for an upset but the lack of experience at the end bring them only decent seven pt's loss! Israel had their best players on the court for at least three quarters and more,while Macedonia had the aces on the bench for more than a half time.Israel had big fight till the final whistle,something that was expected to be seen in Macedonia's match but there wasn't even f.Greece has won the game at the early start,after that it was only exhibition game. I am sure that this Macedonian team posses at least the same quality as Israel's,expecting that to be shown today.Bookies think that too yesterday as they've had Macedonia priced like third fav. after Greece and Croatia to win the group. Beating Israel today and reaching the next phase is the reason why is Macedonia here.They looked to be saving their strenght for that game,bad yesterdays performance is not lack of form(were far better in preparations) I've no doubt about that. Macedonians should enter the match fresher,have the quality to cope with the opponent,but was totally out played yesterday even looked that they haven't basketball team as Timi said.Pretty sure that it wasn't the real face of this team and that we'll have completely different picture after today's game for the team.I am going with 10/10 on them today for the sake of the value if nothing less.Would recommend high stakes on +6.5 for not so braves.Just don't know will the price last till the morning as I haven't and I can't place the bet online atm. Tempted by few more today,will post my bets if I do any.Time to fight back..:hope

Eurobasket 2009 winner - Spain @1.90 unibet
Wanted to place outright winner bet four days before the start,was disappointed with the odds.Only 1.64.Watched the game with Serbia this evening and when there wasn't any chance for Spain left,I thought now's the time. Better price avaliable atm,but I am afraid they'll meet Serbs again.Still not suspect in their quality,thay are by far best team in Poland. Will give it a try! Corinthian,what about the chances of your country today?2.75 looks very tempting.

Wanted to place outright winner bet four days before the start,was disappointed with the odds.Only 1.64.Watched the game with Serbia this evening and when there wasn't any chance for Spain left,I thought now's the time. Better price avaliable atm,but I am afraid they'll meet Serbs again.Still not suspect in their quality,thay are by far best team in Poland. Will give it a try! Corinthian,what about the chances of your country today?2.75 looks very tempting.
Yeah, i'm thinking about CRO too, i expect a lot tighter match than odds suggest. Knowing mentality of this team they should be at their best today, that yesterday wasn't looking good. I wouldn't pay too much attention on 32 pts win over Macedonia either, Macedonia gave up after first quarter already, their real match is today against Israel. And about Spain, they looked really horrible but credits mostly go to Ivkovic and serbian defense. Also, Gasol still has some minor finger injury... I don't expect them to trash GBR today but as the tournament goes further, they will be much stronger. Yestreday it was only a bad day for them, that's all.No way that they'll miss to win this title.

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Serbia - Slovenia Under 142.5 @1.83 paddy power Ivkovic created a young but potent and incredibly disciplined team with high team spirit and it could work. Slovenia had some troubles against GBR yesterday, but brittish were broken in the last quarter and Slovenia won by 14. I expect a nervous and tight game, with very slow tempo. Serbia managed to hold spain down to 57, what is incredible, while GBR scored 59. I expect both teams to score slightly over 60. Russia - Germnany Russia -7 @1.88 expekt I expecta an easy trashing tonight. Germany is nowhere near their quality in last few years, there are now lots of young players from their league. I didn't watched them so far, but today i will, from what i know they are horrible in offense and even worse in defense. Russia defeated Latvia yesterday easier than i expected, Blatt is again having an interesting team, but not top 3 calibre though. This could easily be a win by double digits.

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Macedonia - Israel Odds heavily influenced by yesterdays heavy defeat by Macedonia from their arch rivals Greece. However, i am sure that coach Arsic was thinking only about this game, only one which could get them in the second round. I don't think Israel is that stronger than Macedonia, with Massey and Gečevski in the roster, Macedonia surely can make this game very very close, and maybe even win. Also, Macedonia has lots of fans in Poland, that could be one more factor on their side. Macedonia (+7.5) @1.90 stanjames *************************************************************************************************** Greece - Croatia Now i regret for not taking this bet earlier today, with slightly better odds, but anyway... I like Croatia today, it seems that odds are a bit influenced by yesterdays results. Greece destroyed Macedonia by 32 while Croatia defeated Israel by 7 points although it was a very hard match. This is really a match for the first spot, teams who wins this will take four points to the next round and importance of this match is high. Croatia's best five is not weaker than Greece's, except on C position IMO. If they'll have a good shooting night their chances for win are a lot higher than odds are suggesting. Also, have in mind that Croatia usually reacts very positively in such matches when pressure is off and they are in underdogs role. Croatia ML @2.70 Fonbet

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Best price available here this morning for Macedonia was only 3.3 and I've took that with 8/10.Also took them with +6.5 handicap @ 1.9 with 10/10. Took Croatia @ 2.8 3/10,they are underestimated big imo,sharing the same opinion with Corinthian on this match..Good luck :hope

Re: EuroBasket 2009 :welcome devean! This could help you.

Russia - Germnany Russia -7 @1.88 expekt I expecta an easy trashing tonight. Germany is nowhere near their quality in last few years, there are now lots of young players from their league. I didn't watched them so far, but today i will, from what i know they are horrible in offense and even worse in defense. Russia defeated Latvia yesterday easier than i expected, Blatt is again having an interesting team, but not top 3 calibre though. This could easily be a win by double digits.

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Germany - Latvia, Latvia @2.37 stanjames Germany are favourites only because of yesterdays win against Russia. Russians were having really a bad day in that match, missing over 20 free throws and bunch of open shots. They managed to come back after -14 at the half time but 3pts from Germany destroyed them. Latvia had an extremely low scoring match, and defeat, against France yesterday and showed some signs of life. Today only win counts for them and in case of Russia's win, they'll have to win by 8 at least to qualify. Biedrins&co should overcome their mutual problems and be at least equally good as germans tonight. For me this is a clear coin toss. Russia - France, Russia(lay) @3.60 Betfair Two teams fighting over 2 points which they'll transfer in the next round. France IMO huge favourite after what i saw yesterday. Russia had huge defensive problems with Germany most of the match, imagine what will France do to them. France has really good team this year, surely better than Russia without Kirilenko, Holden and others. Big stakes on France, despite reputation of this tournament as very inpredictable one. Turkey - Poland, Over 155.5 @1.91 Bluesquare Both teams crossed this line by far in the opening two matches and i doubt they will fail to do the same today. They are playing for the top spot and four points transfered in the second round so we might see again some action and entertaining match. Poland plays in trance with crowd behind them, outside shot is their best part while we can say the same thing for Turkey. Imo, fair line would be around 160 points. Spain - Slovenia, Slovenia(+7.5) @1.91 Bluesquare This line is a bit too high considering how they played in first two rounds. Spain was demolished by Serbia while Slovenia demolished Serbia. Both teams have played poor against GBR, Spain had to sweat untill the last minute for their win. Big pressure on spaniards, they will have to win if they want to see semis, while Slovenia would be very close to semis in case of the win. I expect very close game, untill the final minute and narrow win for Spain, by 2-3 points, surely not more than seven.

Best price available here this morning for Macedonia was only 3.3 and I've took that with 8/10.Also took them with +6.5 handicap @ 1.9 with 10/10.
Great profit yesterday :beer 82:79 for my boys :nana One for me today :hope Spain -6.5 @ 1.87 (4/10) If Spain didn't take this one,they will still pass in the next round but without a single point on their balance.Match is of big importance for the both,but even bigger for the Spaniards.They disappointed with the game showed so far and now are under big pressure.I expect them to enter the field with significant improvement in their game and with the high class players they have to outplay Slovenia.Handicap line don't looks that big to me and I believe that they'll cover it,even Slovenia is a tough nut.

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Turkey + 7.5 @1.83 Ladbrokes Turkey has shown us that they're in great shape in this moment ,plus Hedo Terkoglu is a great player and should give some work to the spanish defense.Meanwhile Spain seems to have some problems in offense ,laying on Navarro and Gasol. I see Turkey winning by 3-4 points ,but handicap advantage should be a safe bet.

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Croatia vs France - Croatia under 69.5 @ 1.85 bwin Croatia managed to score over 69 points only in the meetings with Israel an then Macedonia. In the last game against Russia they only scored 59 points. France probably has the best defensive in this whole tournament and I can't see Croatia scoring more than 69 pints in this meeting.

Re: EuroBasket 2009 Been very busy last few days.Placed one today,my only sixth bet on the euro so far :hope Serbia @ 2.3 (3/10) has a good chance against Turkey this evening imo and the price looks nice.Turkoglu has some minor injury and it's likely that he'll be rested today as this match is not that important for his team.Turkey has won all the matches so far and whatever they do today they will still get quite easy opponents in the QF's.On the other side it's a must win for Serbia to avoid Greece or France in the quarterfinal's.Quality is even here and maybe Serbia has the edge over Turkey weakned for Turkoglu.Serbia also have few players doubtful but the latest news says that Tepic and Markovic will be on the court.Serbian squad need this win more and they should enter the match more inspired(they have what to play for),they've outplayed Spain at the start and showed some high-class b'ball.It's a certain worth of a try at these odds.