Stupid Call or Hero Call?

BAM

This hand has been bugging me for weeks and I can't get it out of my head so I was just wondering what you thought. It's a live hand (APAT Edinbugh) 10k starting chips 45 min blinds. I had quite a tight table with the one good player to my right so I played lots of pots and picked up to about £16K by the dinner break. After the dinner break I lost two pots to the table station when I flopped trips twice and he called me all the way to the river and binked a straight twice, so I'm back to 10K and the blinds at 300/150 with ante 25 but they are due to go to 400/200 with 50 ante. I'm in seat 2 and a new player comes to table in seat 5, he's folded about 6 hands and has about 8.5K and now he is in the BB. It's folded to me in the cut off I have KQ soooted I raise to 1000 reason - late position, tight table, passive button good chance to pick up the dead money and put the new guy to the test. Button folds, SB folds and he looks, takes a little time and calls. Flop comes JJ5 rainbow. He checks I fire out 2k He thinks a little then goes all in What would you do???

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.