The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League

shane837

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League

By the sounds of it this league doesn't sound like its worth it?
For someone with your profits no, it wouldn't be worth it. Even when I came first it was like $35 for a whole evening of playing. On the other hand I think it would be a really good way for a beginner to learn the game on the cheap, with a freeroll and very inexpensive buy-in event and no way of spewing dosh like you can in cash games. By the way, do you play live at all in Newcastle? Thinking of giving it a try sometime.

• 1 month later...

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League Stars mirror premier league Is anyone else having probs getting the monthly positions in this league? In October I've had a 2nd and 4th (18+15) points and played all 6 in total (+4) so 37 pts so far. But all that seems to happen is the top 10 just seem to acrue more points and it wont show past 10th place....pretty crappy IMO when you dont know WTF is going on position-wise!! Is this a rolling league so only 10 will qualify? or will 10 qualify each month....in which case why arent they resetting the table each month? The whole point of a league is seeing how many points you need to climb in to the winning slots, or why bother having a table at all!!

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League

Stars mirror premier league Is anyone else having probs getting the monthly positions in this league? In October I've had a 2nd and 4th (18+15) points and played all 6 in total (+4) so 37 pts so far. But all that seems to happen is the top 10 just seem to acrue more points and it wont show past 10th place....pretty crappy IMO when you dont know WTF is going on position-wise!! Is this a rolling league so only 10 will qualify? or will 10 qualify each month....in which case why arent they resetting the table each month? The whole point of a league is seeing how many points you need to climb in to the winning slots' date= or why bother having a table at all!!http://www.pokerstars.com/uk/poker/promotions/mirror-poker-league/league-table/ seems to give the standings for the months that have been completed which I guess is something. But I am not sure if any of the tables give you your monthly standing during the month.
Its confusing because different sites give different tables.

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League Not sure when this league was originally scheduled to end, but it now looks like it's the end of this month. Email received today.

As the Daily Mirror Poker League draws to an early close at the end of November, you have been invited to a final 2nd Chance qualifier to take place on the 30th November at 19:30 local time. All players who were registered in the Mirror Poker League before the 30th October have been invited. To register simply find the tournament (Daily Mirror League 2nd Chance) in the Tourney - Private tab in the PokerStars lobby and use the ticket which has been credited to your PokerStars account. The top 18 players will then qualify for the Grand Final which will be held on Sunday 6th December at 18:30 local time. PokerStars have also added $2,000 to the prize pool! The winner also walks away with a trip for two to South Africa next year. The winner will be contacted via email on the Monday following the event with full details.

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League Just got this email today, didn't have a clue I'd qualified but seems like I did enough :nana 24 regged so far and 18 from the qualifier....possibly under 70 players playing for the holiday....good luck and see you in the final! :ok Dear Ectoplasm xx, Your Daily Mirror League Grand Final Ticket has now been credited to your account meaning you can register via the Tourney > Private tab in the lobby. You may also notice a 2nd chance ticket on your account as well, which has been credited to all players registered in the League before October 30th. As you have already qualified for the Grand Final you don't need to play in the 2nd chance event, where only the top 18 players will win a seat in the Grand Final being held on December 6th at 18:30 Local time. And...as the League has finished earlier than planned, there will be fewer players in the Grand Final meaning you have a greater chance of winning that trip for 2 to South Africa! See you at the tables! The PokerStars Team

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League I'm trying to work out how I qualified for a grand final ticket, gave up after about 3 weeks as it was affecting my other games. Treated it as a bit of fun and saw a lot of familiar faces, played against Morl a couple of times. I'll play final as trip to south africa is to good a prize to miss.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League Just noticed this below:

PlacePremiership DivisionPointsChampionship DivisionPoints
1Denham86170sb007ck129
2tictacman136mirmymir120
3gucci_gal129tictacman115
4tickity-boo1129susansnow114
5sasas57119tcboo88898
6ooblio107Leighbow96
7Stan Donnit103KarlAnthony593
8premblades101Darkman6193
9Lochnagar100TheTrapperUK90
10Tom155995ooblio89
11vicski91cazz11688
Back to Mirror Poker League main page. content_bttm.gif

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League Final league standings:

PlacePremiership DivisionPointsChampionship DivisionPoints
1Denham86170sb007ck131
2gucci_gal150susansnow126
2tictacman149tictacman125
4tickity-boo1145mirmymir120
5ooblio126TheTrapperUK100
5sasas57119Leighbow98
7Stan Donnit118KarlAnthony598
8stfc_nuts118tcboo88898
8vicski118ooblio95
10premblades115Darkman6195
11Tom1559114Brudwyr93
12Lochnagar100xSapper92
13MAC900R91popster0791
14TheTrapperUK89Jamies Dad90
15spawnyb85cazz11690
16dadit8317Mick1790
1740K I CALL82abz5089
18leet22279alanw12387
191 REALDEAL 179Denham8687
20shane83774seds6586
Shame I didn't play any of the premiership games in October and only a couple of the championship games that month... although I can't complain as they gave me 2 tickets to the finals. See you all at the final, hopefully I will have some luck on pokerstars again (won tickets and $200 to the England v New Zealand match a couple of weeks ago on pokerstars), I'll need it against you load of sharks.

• 1 year later...

Re: The Mirror - PokerStars Poker League No, not run recently. Have you tried the Women's league on Stars? (not our little one, the main one Stars runs ;)) I believe Starshine used to play it, but I think you need to play quite a lot to get anywhere in it. Some info here if it helps. http://forum.punterslounge.com/f84/womens-poker-league-pokerstars-105889/