Golf: Klm Open

Glory day for Levet? With the USPGA championships just finished, a lot of Europe's elite will be missing from the European Golf Tour this week, meaning the KLM Open field will be a bit weaker than usual. One man though, and top value golf pick, who will be flying back to play the KLM Open will be 1 Thomas Levet, who thrives on this type of course. The KLM OPEN will be played at Kennemer GC in Holland. Kennemer GC is a short, Links Style golf course beside the sea, where the wind is always a factor. Generous enough fairways, although severly undulating, position off the tee is key here to be able to access the pins. Distance control and accurate Irons are crucial to success here and that's why Thomas Levet is a standout pick for the KLM Open. Greens are small and will run pretty slow(10.5), rough is not as big as last year due to dry weather but seriously errant tee shots will leave you in double or even triple bogey territory. Value picks: -1pt E/W Thomas Levet @ 25/1 - Tee shot accuracy, Iron accuracy, distance control, small, slow greens - Thomas Levet must be licking his lips. Won earlier in the year in Spain on a similar set up. Book: Laddys -1pts E/W Chris Wood @ 28/1 - Talented all round game, current form and judging by his Open performance is a fan of links Book: Bfred -1pts E/W John Bickerton @ 66/1 - Big price for a multiple winner on the European golf tour, with course AND current form behind him.Book:Bfred -1pts E/W Marcus Brier @ 40/1 - Great form on this course, loves links golf and been simmering recently after a monster 2 rounds (-16)on a links in qualifying for the British open. Maybe this is the week he gets the shackles off again Book: Sbet

Re: Golf: Klm Open Mods I cant get rid of that bluesquare link, if you could do it for me please,sorry I just did a copy and paste job from my site:) Sleeper watch (big/huge priced value outsiders): Wil Besseling, a recent graduate from the challenge tour where he showed some real talent and has also shown flashes on the main tour this year, is not in the best of form right now(hence some firms going 300/1) but he is the type of player who can find something out of nowhere and by his own admission, being on the main tour is just a dream, so being back in his homeland this week, he may pull something out of the bag. Skybet go 11/1 on a top 20 finish. Jose Manuel Lara has had a decent season and 66/1 means he falls into the 'sleeper' category but he really shouldn't. Some good form this season and has challenged hard a few times, he could very well be a factor on this course. Skybet go 5/2 top 20.

Re: Golf: Klm Open I really fancied Slattery this week - in form and good course form and managed to get around £20 at 80-85 on Betfair but at less than 50/1 I will have to pass - instead I will go for a player who has missed his last three cuts! I Have tipped Rafa Echenique a few times and will only back him when he has some course experience - he seems to improve on courses he has played before. His 2nd place finish in the BMW came on a course he had led after round 1 the previous season, at Kennemer he was 5th after round one last year and led the putting stats. Whilst his three missed cuts are a worry that 2nd in Germany came on the back of three missed cuts and if he gets his putter working as he can (now that his card is secure) then the 100/1 could look big come Sunday.

I am going to take a punt here on a young Spaniard - 3 years ago I put up Canizares for the KLM Open and got a degree of derision on the Betfair forum - he came 7th and frustratingly won the next week. The reason I picked him was he was a very talented youngster who was desperate to follow in the vein of Seve Ballesteros who won his first pro event here at Kennemer. I have looked at the field and think Jorge Campillo fits the mould - he has just turned pro like Canizares had and has shown some promise with a 5th on the Challenge Tour plus he was 2nd heading into the final round in Wales in his 3rd event on that tour before fading to 12th. He has plenty of experience of links golf with some top finishes in amateur events in the UK as well as being one of the top 3 ranked amateurs in the US collegiate system. Like I said it is a punt but have taken the top 10 at 28/1 Extrabet and £50 on Betfair at an average of 425/1 to trade - sadly I missed the 1000/1!!

Re: Golf: Klm Open Richard Kind Top 10@80/1 Extrabet 2nd European Amateur C'Ship 2008 13th St Andrews Links Trophy 2008 Turned Pro this year, won last week on EPD Tour in Germany. Three second place finishes this year on it as well. Small flutter.

Re: Golf: Klm Open

I really fancied Slattery this week - in form and good course form and managed to get around £20 at 80-85 on Betfair but at less than 50/1 I will have to pass - instead I will go for a player who has missed his last three cuts! I Have tipped Rafa Echenique a few times and will only back him when he has some course experience - he seems to improve on courses he has played before. His 2nd place finish in the BMW came on a course he had led after round 1 the previous season, at Kennemer he was 5th after round one last year and led the putting stats. Whilst his three missed cuts are a worry that 2nd in Germany came on the back of three missed cuts and if he gets his putter working as he can (now that his card is secure) then the 100/1 could look big come Sunday.
I am going to take a punt here on a young Spaniard - 3 years ago I put up Canizares for the KLM Open and got a degree of derision on the Betfair forum - he came 7th and frustratingly won the next week. The reason I picked him was he was a very talented youngster who was desperate to follow in the vein of Seve Ballesteros who won his first pro event here at Kennemer. I have looked at the field and think Jorge Campillo fits the mould - he has just turned pro like Canizares had and has shown some promise with a 5th on the Challenge Tour plus he was 2nd heading into the final round in Wales in his 3rd event on that tour before fading to 12th. He has plenty of experience of links golf with some top finishes in amateur events in the UK as well as being one of the top 3 ranked amateurs in the US collegiate system. Like I said it is a punt but have taken the top 10 at 28/1 Extrabet and £50 on Betfair at an average of 425/1 to trade - sadly I missed the 1000/1!!
Get trading mate, good call.