Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug

1.45 York Wi Dud - the Kevin Ryan yard, this is a horse that was one of the first names I had down for my Tote Ten To Follow in 2007 but he endured a nightmare season and failed to win a race at three. He failed to win a race at four either, however, now in his fourth season, he has hinted at signs of a revival and under 7 lb claimer John Fahy I think he could perhaps run into a place. He showed in his juvenile days that he acts at this track on differing ground, winning his maiden over course and distance and also landing a Group 2 that same season. Another solid course effort came in the 2007 Group 1 Nunthorpe when fifth behind Kingsgate Native. This season he has shown signs of a revival and has shown himself to be closely matched with Biniou, who is a decent enough type, whilst he was also third to Look Busy and Borderlescott at Haydock in the Group 2 Temple Stakes. Off the back of that effort he was sent off favourite at Epsom next time out in a handicap but flopped. However, this is a different type of track and given both of his career wins have come here, I think he is worth another chance, even off this higher official mark. EW

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 7.30 nottingham olynard is hatrick seeking tonight after winning nicely at windsor over 6f on fast ground, does have to carry a 6lb penalty but has what looks like a decent claimer on board taking off 7lb making him 1lb lower than when last winning, although drawn not that great is progressin nicely 1pt win olynard

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 4-40-york-full speed-e/way even though this horse dosent come into this race in the best of form he as ran here before and is a c/d winner and he as only run 3 times this season,and i got a feeling that he is one of those that will pop up now and again so at a decent price he is my e/way selection

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 2.00 Brighton: Sir Bruno Win Interesting maiden here with the 2 market principals both looking the likeliest type on paper. However, Sir Bruno has to be given a big chance if LTO run can be taken at face value when beaten a head into 2nd at Warwick - beat Raiph Beckett's horse Agony & Ecstacy into 5th that day who won next time out beating today's likely fave Dr Finley over a length - strictly on form the selection should hold that rival. The fly in the ointment may be the Beckett horse Luminous Star as the trainer has a form line through both Dr Finley and Sir Bruno and also ran a good race over C&D LTO. However, the value of the race has to be Sir Bruno, at current 11/2, if able to build on the more encouraging display LTO.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 14.15 York - Sea Lord. I am going to gamble on Sea Lord to win this in what is a very competitive race which includes Poet's Voice and Elusive Pimpernel. Mark Johnston's colt showed plenty of promise on debut and went on to fulfill that promise when going on to win next time out at Ascot. I was very impressed with this horse's battling qualities that day when making all in in what has turned out to be a fairly impressive race. The form has been boosted as the 2nd, 3rd and 4th all went on to win on their next outings. There is no doubt this race is harder but the way York is should suit this colt. The ground should be fine, the draw isn't bad and this horse should definitely improve therefore I think Sea Lord should put in a good showing here. Each-way.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 4.40 York 'Royal Destination' The form horse in the field, 2 wins and a 3rd last 3 races, last time out in what appears to be a slightly stronger race than today. Holds the prime Johnson runner on that form. Frankie over middle distances is still a genius. I fear Laterly, who should go well with Fenton up top but think the Noseda horse has a good chance of taking this if continuing improvement (very lightly raced). Really wanted to put Callan's mount in the first in here, but couldn't justify it aside from stable jockey on outsider of 3 for Ryan :) So I've played safe!

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 16.20 Brighton - Vita Mia I actually quite like the look of those race, most my concentration is on York today but couldn't ignore this race. Vita Mia has been on cracking form of late, winning 3 times out the last 6 runs. Twice have been over today's distance and on GF ground. The ground is firm today but the horse has proved itself on this going when finishing 2nd at here on Firm ground when it was only beaten 1/4L. Runs off 66 today but Richard Evans takes a nice 5lb off which drops this down to a winnable mark in my opinion.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 1.45 Intrepid Jack looks like a good E/W bet for me in the opener, has been running in Group and Listed company all season so the form doesn't look to good except a 2nd behind JJ the jet plane at Windsor in which besting Stewards Cup winner Genki, off a winning mark here dropping in class I think theres place claims.:ok 0.5 pts e/w

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug Brighton 3.45pm 1pt lay Recalcitrant The only horse in the race today with C&D to its name and winning LTO at the track but the form run has been shocking for a while until the win but to be honest the horse was gonna win one race atleast as had won Aug 8th 07 and had another 24 races before it won again so just a matter of time and not a lot to do with the horse being very good,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug

16.20 Brighton - Vita Mia I actually quite like the look of those race, most my concentration is on York today but couldn't ignore this race. Vita Mia has been on cracking form of late, winning 3 times out the last 6 runs. Twice have been over today's distance and on GF ground. The ground is firm today but the horse has proved itself on this going when finishing 2nd at here on Firm ground when it was only beaten 1/4L. Runs off 66 today but Richard Evans takes a nice 5lb off which drops this down to a winnable mark in my opinion.
Non Runner :sad Will replace with: 14.15 York - Mata Keranjang Another tough race to predict here, so many have claims here but I am going to go for Mata Keranjang. Ran a great race LTO and looked the likely winner when he went into the lead in the final furlong at Goodwood only for Xtension to run on very impressivley to take the race as he was expected to do by many. That was a Group 2 race and maybe the experience of running in a Group Race may help him today but a lot of these horses will relish the step up to Group Company as a lot of them have shown great ability in so little races.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 4.20 Brighton - Screaming Brave Is back down to his last winning mark and although hasnt been in the money of late, hasnt been running badly. Is back on the firmer ground since a third at Pontefract and consecutive wins before that. Has never ran at Brighton which is a slight worry, but now Vita Mia is a non runner, i can see this gelding taking this.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 810 Worcester : Equity Release Pretty open looking race with the top three in the betting all having some sort of chance. Ragdolliana has been beaten by Rhinestone Ruby a couple of times and looked a non stayer to me last time while Alesandro Mantegna after a pleasing debut was put in his place at MRasen last time when beaten miles. Equity Release looks the one to concentrate on for me, things havnt gone quite right since his promising second at Towcester but has been contesting good class handicaps and this is much more his level. The Pipe horse Arctic Cape was a 70 rated horse on the flat and could be involved on his debut.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug

4.40 York 'Royal Destination' The form horse in the field, 2 wins and a 3rd last 3 races, last time out in what appears to be a slightly stronger race than today. Holds the prime Johnson runner on that form. Frankie over middle distances is still a genius. I fear Laterly, who should go well with Fenton up top but think the Noseda horse has a good chance of taking this if continuing improvement (very lightly raced). Really wanted to put Callan's mount in the first in here, but couldn't justify it aside from stable jockey on outsider of 3 for Ryan :) So I've played safe!
Nice one, was well backed too, to rob you of pts :clap

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 7.40 Worcester City Affair 1pt win He's been very consistent of late, being in the frame three from three this season, He is one of three distance winners in this race, with the remainder yet to show any form over today's distance. Today's going won't be a problem with two wins on good/firm. The trainer is also having a purple patch with 7 wins / 3 places from his last 20 runners and 7 wins / 5 places from his last 20 runners here at Worcester. Trainer / jockey combo is running to 6 wins / 4 places from last 20 together and 3 wins / 8 places here at the course.

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 8:00 Nottingham Petella has struggled really recently after starting the season off in promising mood. Tumbling down the weights. However this race will be the easiest it's come across in a long while, and the pedigree suggests that it might appreciate the step up in trip to 2m, having often found the pace of a race too fast. Don't expect a great gallop and it may fall into this horse's main strengths. EW prospects at a price. 0.5pt EW

Re: Best bet of the Day - Tue 18th Aug 8.10 Worcester Arctic Cape was a useful performer for mark johnston on the flat at 9f now with david pipe a top trainer and a good jockey in tom scudamore on board tonight could see him go close on his hurdling debut. :hope:hope 1pt WIN