Staking For Best PL Team

KunkuWap

Hi guys, I hope I am posting this in the right place! I have been in talks a lot lately with a few of you from here, PL, and I have come up with what I am hoping will be a really fun and appropriate challenge for you guys. Please let me know what you think and the more of you we can get to play this the better it will be. That will give me more leverage to do better things in future with PL and betfair. Without further ado: Challenge Summary This will be a team event that lasts for one month. All games will be played on Betfair. One player per day will represent each team in a pre specified MTT. Gross winnings from the month will be tracked and this will be used to determine each team's position in the challenge. During specified periods, teams may earn a "Bonus Boost" which will be calculated from the combined number of Betfair Points each team has earned. This will boost your score, up to a maximum of 30% extra. The winners and the runners up will each earn a staking a day for a month into the Betfair $18k Gtd ($100+$9 buy in). Specified Events One standard MTT event will be selected for each evening from the standard Betfair tournament schedule. This will usually (but not necessarily) start between 6pm and 9pm BST. Games will usually (but not necessarily) be NLHE. Games selected will not include rebuys or satellites, just freezeouts. A variety of buy ins may be selected, but the aim will be to keep total cumulative Team Buy ins over the month to a maximum of $300. Daily Team Representative The score for only one player per team will count in each event. This player does not need to be pre declared. If only one player from a team enters the specified event, then they are their team representative. If two or more players from a team enter a specified event, then the team representative will be the player who has so far represented their team the least. If two or more players from a team enter a specified event and they have both been the team representative the same number of times, then the team representative on this occasion will be the player listed first alphabetically (in the order listed alphabetically in the Betfair lobby) Normal collusion rules apply. If you are sat at the same table as your team representative, you are expected to play against them as you would anyone else. This is expected by the PL community and Betfair. Scoring Each team will be ranked according to their gross winnings over the entire month. A Bonus Boost can be earned to increase your score, which multiplies your gross winnings by a certain percentage. Super Bonus Boost 00:00 Tuesday 25th August to 23:59 Monday 31st August: Team can earn up to 3000 Betfair Points for a 15% Super Bonus Boost (or pro rata proportions) Bonus Boost 00:00 Tuesday 1st September to 23:59 Monday 7th September: Team can earn up to 1000 Betfair Points for a 5% Bonus Boost (or pro rata proportions) 00:00 Tuesday 8th September to 23:59 Monday 14th September: Team can earn up to 1000 Betfair Points for a 5% Bonus Boost (or pro rata proportions) 00:00 Tuesday 15th September to 23:59 Monday 21st September: Team can earn up to 1000 Betfair Points for a 5% Bonus Boost (or pro rata proportions) 00:00 Tuesday 22nd September to 23:59 Monday 28th September: Team can earn up to 1000 Betfair Points for a 5% Bonus Boost (or pro rata proportions) Combined, the Super Bonus Boost and the Bonus Boost can not exceed 30% (this gives you a chance to recover if you don't max out in one week) Prizes There are 2 prizes up for grabs, one for the winning team and one for the runners up. The prize is a staking for a team representative a day for an entire month in the Betfair $18,000 Guaranteed at 20:15 BST with a buy in of $100+$9. At the end of the month, the cumulative prize winnings are added up and as much as is possible of the original stake is returned to John Tabatabai. Any remaining profit is then split 50/50 between the winning team and John Tabatabai. John will reinvest all funds returned to him (original stake and profit) in further value added promotions for PL. Calendar From Tuesday 25th August to Monday 31st August, teams can build Betfair Points to earn their Super Bonus Boost. At Midnight on Monday 31st August, entry to new teams will be closed. From Tuesday 1st September until Wednesday 30th September a team game a day will be played. During this period there will also be 4xweekly Bonus Boost Periods. From Thursday 1st October until Saturday 31st October the top two teams will put forward a player a day (excluding Sundays) to the Betfair $18k Gtd. (23 entries per team) Teams You can create your own teams, with your own buddies as you wish, or you may join any of the public teams listed below. If, when teams have been decided, members of any of the public teams decide that their team is too small, then they may, if they wish, merge with other public team(s). Team size is entirely up to each team, there are no restrictions. You may be a team by yourself, or you may create a larger team. Obviously the larger the team, the smaller your potential winnings as you have to share your prize with more players. Teams can decide for themselves how they manage their finances and how they distribute any prizes. All teams will need to nominate a captain who will represent the team and manage their affairs. Please let me know what you think. Kind Reg, John

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.