Golf: USPGA Championship 2009

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: USPGA Championship 2009 well done yang! my predicyion about woods not winning and not being at his best was correct and was right to lay him. pity i dont bet each way as my win prediction, westwood was placed. i think this is a bigger blow to tiger than just losing a major. i now think he,ll never get back to his best and now he knows and the other pros now he can be caught when leading is a big dent to his confidence. i thought he would overhall the major record, but now think its iffy. theres alot of young and older talented golfers out there who will now stop woods doing this! no doubt he stil is the best, but not as good as once was and i wont be taking any less than 5/1 again on him beating a high class field again.

Re: Golf: USPGA Championship 2009

well done yang! my predicyion about woods not winning and not being at his best was correct and was right to lay him. pity i dont bet each way as my win prediction' date=' westwood was placed. i think this is a bigger blow to tiger than just losing a major. i now think he,ll never get back to his best and now he knows and the other pros now he can be caught when leading is a big dent to his confidence. i thought he would overhall the major record, but now think its iffy. theres alot of young and older talented golfers out there who will now stop woods doing this! no doubt he stil is the best, but not as good as once was and i wont be taking any less than 5/1 again on him beating a high class field again.[/quote'] IMHO this is a bit of an overreaction that I cannot see the bookies sharing. To tackle the last bit first - you will not be backing Tiger for a long time, if you are waiting for 5/1+ on the guy. I think there will be a few more years of 9/4fav or lower. Tiger had an absolutely fabulous record of 14 from 14 - but lets be fair there was always going to come a point at which that was going to come to an end. One cold day (or couple of days) with the putter does not spell the end for Woods - and that is taking nothing away from Yang's performance. I agree with you that other player's will see him as beatable, but rather than destroying Tiger i think it can drive him on to greater things. Obviously time will tell whether he cracks the 18 or not - but I dont think we have seen the last of him steam rollering fields. Its one thing knowing a man can be beaten - its another thing stepping up and being the man who does it. :ok

well done yang! my predicyion about woods not winning and not being at his best was correct and was right to lay him. pity i dont bet each way as my win prediction' date=' westwood was placed. i think this is a bigger blow to tiger than just losing a major. i now think he,ll never get back to his best and now he knows and the other pros now he can be caught when leading is a big dent to his confidence. i thought he would overhall the major record, but now think its iffy. theres alot of young and older talented golfers out there who will now stop woods doing this! no doubt he stil is the best, but not as good as once was and i wont be taking any less than 5/1 again on him beating a high class field again.[/quote'] He's better now than he ever was and that bet you made was not a profitbale one over time. Sorry to burst your bubble:ok

Re: Golf: USPGA Championship 2009 sorry to burst your bubble, but i never made a bet over time! better than he ever was?!!! when was the last time he lost the lead in the last round? when was the last time he never won 1 major? when was the last time he missed about 10 putts under 10 foot in a round? and as for the post before, if i dont want 2 bet tiger for many years i wont! as i said i dont bet each way and the only reason he will still be as short is because he is virtually a cert to be placed. plus i am not slaughtering the guy, if u read it i said he was still the best! i just think hes lost that edge and people wont fear him now which will hamper him winning as much. just my opinion and only time will tell.

sorry to burst your bubble' date=' but i never made a bet over time! better than he ever was?!!! when was the last time he lost the lead in the last round? when was the last time he never won 1 major? when was the last time he missed about 10 putts under 10 foot in a round? and as for the post before, if i dont want 2 bet tiger for many years i wont! as i said i dont bet each way and the only reason he will still be as short is because he is virtually a cert to be placed. plus i am not slaughtering the guy, if u read it i said he was still the best! i just think hes lost that edge and people wont fear him now which will hamper him winning as much. just my opinion and only time will tell.[/quote'] Yes he is, by his own admission and I fully agree wit him. Any bet you make is over time in terms of mking profit or a loss. That's what betting is all about.

Re: Golf: USPGA Championship 2009 Tiger at the Bridgestone just last week was unbelievable, never seen him so good. He continued for the first 3 rounds this week and 1 bad round still had him finish 2nd by a few shots and you are writing him off forever.........*yawn* Broon, I'd say he will pass Nicklaus within next 3 years and this defeat will only make him even stronger. He is a monster of a sportsman, possibly the best that ever lived in any sport.

How much can I have at 10/1 :unsure. It's nearer an odds on shot :ok.
Its a big odds on shot Kev. 5/6 to do it in 2013 or after but thats with two other options to do it earlier (2011 or before and 2012) but we could lose doing it that way. Can't find a simple yes or no market, although a few phone calls would sort that, but we certainly wouldn't get anywhere near 5/6. For what it's worth, for me it's only a matter of time with 2012 being my shout to do it, on his way to winning between 23 to 25 majors.

Tiger at the Bridgestone just last week was unbelievable, never seen him so good. He continued for the first 3 rounds this week and 1 bad round still had him finish 2nd by a few shots and you are writing him off forever.........*yawn* Broon, I'd say he will pass Nicklaus within next 3 years and this defeat will only make him even stronger. He is a monster of a sportsman, possibly the best that ever lived in any sport.
Agree mate, as i already mentioned i think it's only a matter of time. St Andrews next year should be one of them . One thing i think is gonna be really interesting is not only how long can he stay at No1 for, but to see how he performs in around 10 years time when he's in his early 40's. Will he still be the favourite every time?, and will he still be winning majors at that age?? By the way, i hope you were on G-Mac for a Top20 ;)