Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau

GaF

I'm sure you've all seen http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f17/bwin-poker-win-8-000-trip-apt-macau-free-washman-wins-8300-package-87379/ Washy has kindly published his hand history - hopefully we can all learn loads and loads from it :ok The raw hand history is here - http://rapidshare.com/files/263340254/handhistory.log.html I'll try and put it up here in a more readable format (or best of all a video hand replayer if I can find one :ok) - may not be tonight....

Re: Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau Here's a summary (this is data from the one tournament only). For the record, 1 hand failed on the import (I havent looked at it so dont know the significance of it) - hand #52424584243 f_2xtuv6ldy30m_299e5fb.gif

Re: Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau Here's the positional play - quite interesting. First thing I notice is that you're exceptionally tight on the button and cut-off, but pretty loose from two off the button. Is that a view that you wont get respect from the button and cut off? f_2xtuv6ldy30m_81a92bf.gif

Re: Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau Tournament structure: f_15g93vusuum_d4e7c7c.jpg

Looks like there's extra money for each place though - 5th got $2700, I got $3k for 4th :wall:wall 3rd just got $3.5k - what a crap lobby :lol:lol 2nd - $5.8k 1st - $12.6k :loon:loon

Re: Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau Blimey Gaf - you've been busy!!!

Here's the positional play - quite interesting. First thing I notice is that you're exceptionally tight on the button and cut-off, but pretty loose from two off the button. Is that a view that you wont get respect from the button and cut off?
There's nothing conscious about this - I would say my positional play, or sense of position if you like, is very poor. I think it could be just that I got more playable hands two off the button. This is definitely something I could work on, although I may be getting more respect with raises as you suggest. I downloaded PokerTracker a few months ago, but ditched it fairly quickly because I thought it was having an adverse effect on my results, and don't think I'll ever change my mind. It is quite interesting seeing a whole tourney, and I will be keen to see what people have to say. Looking back through the HH has reminded me of a few times when I got lucky - funnily enough I can't really remember suffering any bad beats, although there may be some in there. As I said in the original thread, I was feeling good once I got some chips from the KK hand (120-150 mins), and just tried to keep in touch with the top 10 chipstacks when the cards dried up. I didn't need to steal many hands, and am sure the stats back this up somewhere (if I understood them :lol:lol)

Re: Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau GaF, would you be willing to take a tournament hand history from myself and put it into Poker Tracker for me? You can publish it on PL if you like, I'm not bothered either way, if you think it be interesting to compare. I'm sure I'll be looser than Washy's 13/9 but it shows there's more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. I'm similar to Washy in that I've dallied with trials of PT2 and PT3 but I felt they hindered my reading of a table as I was too focussed looking at stats, but I am interested in both seeing my own stats over the whole of a tournament - see where my leaks are and what I could do better - and also to compare with Washy's in what were a similar (though obviously less important) tournament, both being satellites with very top heavy payouts.

Re: Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau Unfortunately the PXF hand replayer that I was hoping to put the hands into doesnt work with OnGame :sad So doesnt look like I'll be able to come up with a video replay :sad (unless someone knows another hand history to video replay option?) If anyone wants me to do the same as above with a tourney they've played, I'll be happy to oblige :ok However maybe an alternative (better) solution - how about aiming to "Track a PL'r" a week? Get a video of them playing in a pre determined tournament (or multiple tournaments) with audio commentary? It will be a lot easier to watch than to read HH's. Whether the play's good or bad - everyone benefits by thinking about it and discussing it.....

Re: Tracking a master - Washy wins Macau

If anyone wants me to do the same as above with a tourney they've played, I'll be happy to oblige :ok However maybe an alternative (better) solution - how about aiming to "Track a PL'r" a week? Get a video of them playing in a pre determined tournament (or multiple tournaments) with audio commentary? It will be a lot easier to watch than to read HH's. Whether the play's good or bad - everyone benefits by thinking about it and discussing it.....
Really great idea GaF :ok

Unfortunately the PXF hand replayer that I was hoping to put the hands into doesnt work with OnGame :sad So doesnt look like I'll be able to come up with a video replay :sad (unless someone knows another hand history to video replay option?) If anyone wants me to do the same as above with a tourney they've played, I'll be happy to oblige :ok However maybe an alternative (better) solution - how about aiming to "Track a PL'r" a week? Get a video of them playing in a pre determined tournament (or multiple tournaments) with audio commentary? It will be a lot easier to watch than to read HH's. Whether the play's good or bad - everyone benefits by thinking about it and discussing it.....
Cracking idea im up for that:ok

I downloaded PokerTracker a few months ago, but ditched it fairly quickly because I thought it was having an adverse effect on my results, and don't think I'll ever change my mind.
I'm similar to Washy in that I've dallied with trials of PT2 and PT3 but I felt they hindered my reading of a table as I was too focussed looking at stats,
I've never used PT (laziness, mostly), but isn't it likely that when you start to use it then it's a distraction as you spend a lot of time thinking about what the numbers mean, but when you get used to it then interpreting the stats becomes almost automatic and it doesn't distract you much?

I've never used PT (laziness' date=' mostly), but isn't it likely that when you start to use it then it's a distraction as you spend a lot of time thinking about what the numbers mean, but when you get used to it then interpreting the stats becomes almost automatic and it doesn't distract you much?[/quote'] I just feel more comfortable trying to interpret what story their bets are telling myself, rather than being informed they "c-bet 65% of the time they pfr". That just tells a small percentage of the necessary information, it doesn't tell you the kind of flops they do/don't c-bet on for example.

Unfortunately the PXF hand replayer that I was hoping to put the hands into doesnt work with OnGame :sad So doesnt look like I'll be able to come up with a video replay :sad (unless someone knows another hand history to video replay option?) If anyone wants me to do the same as above with a tourney they've played, I'll be happy to oblige :ok However maybe an alternative (better) solution - how about aiming to "Track a PL'r" a week? Get a video of them playing in a pre determined tournament (or multiple tournaments) with audio commentary? It will be a lot easier to watch than to read HH's. Whether the play's good or bad - everyone benefits by thinking about it and discussing it.....
heniek would be a good choice to follow,although he does play a little like washy:ok