Golf: Reno Tahoe Open

There for the taking With most of the elite traveling to the Bridgestone Invitational, it's the perfect opportunity for some of the PGA tour's 'nearly men' to get out there and grab a victory at the Legends Reno Tahoe Open. People like Ben Crane and John Rollins have gone close this year but no cigar. As mentioned, it's the perfect opportunity for some of the tour's 'lesser' known players so to speak to grab a victory but don't doubt for a second that there are some top players at the Reno Tahoe Open and what's more, available at very good value prices. The Jack Niclaus designed Montreux golf course is no easy track, winding through some forest land full of tall pines and with all sorts of elevation changes and drops. The Reno Taho open course plays about 7500 yards long but doesn't seem like it as the ball flies due to the course being at altitude. Reno Tahoe Open golf picks: Note:get on fast, these prices will fall. Quick and hard. -1pt E/W Vaughn taylor E/W @ 33/1(stanjames) Loves the course. Winner of back to back opens here in the mid 2000's and in the mix last week -1pt E/W John Rollins E/W @ 33/1 (general) You may be surprised to know that Rollins is one of the money leaders on the tour. Has a couple of 2nd's this season as well as here last year and a top 10 last week. No better chance for a win. -1pt E/W Mark Wilson @40/1(general) Top quality player just hitting form. Knows how to win when he gets in position. Top 10 here last year -1pt E/W Jonathan Byrd @ 40/1 (Ladbrokes) Ben Crane was a big fancy of mine but it looks like he's pulled out or been called up to tne Bridgestone so I'm going to plump for this lad instead. Solid performance last week and also last year at the Legends. When on form he can be really hot and has a good all round game. 40/1 represents big value in this field Sleepers(massive odds players to keep an eye out for) Kevin Stadler (150/1) can go low, has been shooting some great rounds recently and great finish here before. Harrison Frazer(80/1) and Will McKenzie(80/1) have both been showing some form lately and both have previous at the Reno Tahoe Open (Back with top 20 prices ....)

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open Any interest in this lads? You should really do some study as the 'lesser events' are real good punting opportunities as the bookies/compilers also see them as 'lesser events' and their prices are usually so far off the mark it's ridiculous. Last time there was 1 of these going on was the US Bank (same week as Brtish Open) and 2 of my 5 picks finished tied for first @ 33/1(mallinger) and 50/1(van pelt) and another 7th. In saying that though, the prices that were out on monday have been cut by about 30% by now although, there are still some good value bets out there, ala Pampling (40) and Byrd(35), check the prices on the above too and see if any are around the same.

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open With you here Value. Better place to earn some money. Gonna steer clear of the Bridgestone. Definitely agree on the Stadler, crazy price, but not clued in as far as the other lads are concerned so I'll take your word for it. Stadler, Wilson, Rollins, Taylor. Just need 1 top 10 to break even but I'm well hopeful for more. Cheers lad, best of luck. Checked out the website by the way, Love it. Fair play, living the dream.

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open Cheers mate, it's coming along nicely, looking forward to the footy season starting as I didn't get much time last season! Rollins, having looked around some other blogs/websites and the official PGA tour website is widely being tipped to win(or challenge hard) Vaughn Taylor has made 2 starts here and had 2 wins, enough said! He is now 2nd fav having strangely come in about 10th on the list with the bookmakers. Wilson seems to be under the radar, I've not seen many if any even mention but he is actually probably my biggest hopeful as he's been gradually finishing higher and higher in the last couple of weeks and when he gets in a winning position, he knows how to finish it off which is vital. Match bets all now in too. Mallinger has pulled out too, as well as Ben Crane so there's 2 big threats eliminated already.

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open Has been a difficult few months waiting for the footy to come back around alright. As with any gambler, I've got great hopes for this season, just need to be disciplined. It's so hard though. Anyway, back to the golf... Stadler's gone round in 72 with a very average day but I'm happy enough. Wilson palyed a 71 & Taylor's lookin good at -4 & it would have been even better if it wasn't for his bogey-bogey 15-16. So long as they're all in the mix for tomorrow I'll be happy. No one's palyed themselves out of contention just yet.

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open Yeah par aint too bad on this course albeit not great. When the prices came out on monday the bookmakers were making Andres Romero the favourite. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why. Rollins, Byrd and Pampling all started well too but I don't really take any notice until 36-45 holes have been played, that's when the shape has been made and generally the people towards the top stay there. EDIT: Forgot to mention Rich Barcelo, some of my 'partners' actually tipped him to challenge, a top 20 for me was worth it but not the challenge. First round -4 (tied for lead) but long way to go as said...... Nice win for the outright backers if he did come in @ 150/1!

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open

would you take JR at 2.62?
My advice would be this: 1. Remember that before Rollins Hits a ball(being last out) other players will be up his arse, or may even have passed him before he gets a chance to do anything about it, therefore his price will have gone up so definitely do not take it now, wait until he starts to see how much better it is. 2. When a golfer hits such a low round, he generally doesn't follow it up. You often see someone go out and shoot-8 or -9 and then shoot even the next day. also the leader on day 3/4 often gets a little confused(and nervous) as to how they should play(safe of aggressive)and ends up scoring badly it so these 2 factors taken into account, I'd see how he performs over the first few holes, if he goes under par, get on before his price drops :) P.s, I don't think rollins is a guy to play safe or a bottler, I think he'll go out and fire at the pins and try and pull away. He's also 1 of the best and most experienced of the leading guys

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open

My advice would be this: 1. Remember that before Rollins Hits a ball(being last out) other players will be up his arse, or may even have passed him before he gets a chance to do anything about it, therefore his price will have gone up so definitely do not take it now, wait until he starts to see how much better it is. 2. When a golfer hits such a low round, he generally doesn't follow it up. You often see someone go out and shoot-8 or -9 and then shoot even the next day. also the leader on day 3/4 often gets a little confused(and nervous) as to how they should play(safe of aggressive)and ends up scoring badly it so these 2 factors taken into account, I'd see how he performs over the first few holes, if he goes under par, get on before his price drops :) P.s, I don't think rollins is a guy to play safe or a bottler, I think he'll go out and fire at the pins and try and pull away. He's also 1 of the best and most experienced of the leading guys
You think that R2 was a fluke and R1 more like him? Way I see it he is going to need another great day today as someone is going to shoot low somewhere. Not much behind him but 6/4 looks real short. Like you say by time he starts at 9.20 I doubt he is in the lead.

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open No definitely not a fluke, he has that in him, hence one of the reasons why I picked him pre tournament! But -10 rounds are not very frequent, if you put me on the spot, I'd say he will shoot -4 today and probably around the same(a little better maybe) tomorrow. If he gets a decent lead I'll be trading him in.

Re: Golf: Reno Tahoe Open Cheers mate, although the week was very profitable over all I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with some near misses. Frazer 1 shot off top 20, Pampling 1 shot off placing in Reno, Rich Barcelo having a mare of a lst round when an even par would have had profits rolling in to keep him in the top 20. Also Allenby in the bridgestone. While I profited from his top 20, I just a easily could have plumped for him outright E/W W/O Woods as he was 5th on my shortlist and I went with just the 4. Ah well, can't be greedy. Another week another dollar. Ps, PM me if you would like some advice on the top 10 betting(in general).