** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ripon 3rd Aug

Re: Ripon 3rd Aug Ripon 15.15 Rosbay has not won for a long time now but showed signs of coming back to form two starts ago when running 2nd over C&D, the two subsequent runs after that came over a furlong further and a furlong less and I think back to this trip with 1lb less on his back he's got every chance in this. With going being good he should be fine and blinkers for the first time could help him.:ok 11/1 @ hills

Re: Ripon 3rd Aug 3.15 Ripon Crime Writer steps up in trip today and that could continue his improvement here for Mark Johnston. The gelding has never gone further than 7f to date but was outplaced last time out at Sandown and shapes as if he will suit the middle distances. He placed at Epsom off 1 lb higher so although his sole win to date came in a maiden, I think he is handicapped to have a chance. After only six starts, at three, there should be more to come. 5/1 Bet 365, EW.

Re: Ripon 3rd Aug 3.45 Ripon A 5 lb drop in his mark leaves Viking Spirit superbly handicapped on old form and Walter Swinburn's gelding could return to the winners enclosure today after a fourteen month absence. This is a sprinter that has been competing in some competitive races without success, and after starting the season on a mark of 98, the handicapper has now eased him down to 90. He ran off 95 at York when last seen and beat only one rival home, but Frankie decided to race him on the stands side with one other, and it was a move which backfired. With Frankie jocked off and Shane Kelly back in the saddle, that is a huge plus for me and I think Kelly is a gold hold up rider. He was on the horse at Chepstow last month when the horse finished a credible third behind Thebes. The first two home raced prominently throughout, so Viking Spirit wasn't disgraced finishing where he did, especially since that was off a 7 lb higher mark than he runs off today. His last win came at Goodwood last May off 98 so that also points to him running off a good mark today, whilst he has previous, placed course form. 12/1 Bet 365, EW.

Re: Ripon 3rd Aug Ripon 16.45 I like the look of Andorn in this handicap, although yet to win in his career he returns to Ripon where he posted his best run to date when touched off by a nk over 10f, has been tried so far over todays trip three times without winning off higher marks I just think todays mark of 63 is a winnable one for him and the good ground could help him.:ok 7/1 @ hills

Re: Ripon 3rd Aug Ripon 15.45 Viking Spirit is well weighted here in this, showed he was getting back to form when third on penultimate start at Chepstow running off top weight and 7lb higher than today. LTO he was raced over on the stands side with one other horse which proved to be the wrong tactic so can be excused for that run, dropped 5lb's for that effort and also in class I fancy him to be in the mixer in this.:ok 11/1 stan james