Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge.

tomahawk1984

Hows it going everyone. Back from France and have recently moved to Manchester to start a new job. I'm very busy at the moment but have been missing poker quite a bit over the last couple of weeks so I'm going to start small and just play when I have a little bit of time here and there. I don't really have any plans, going to start off with the $2.50 6 man SNG's on Pacific that pay top 3 and see where it takes me. Don't plan on withdrawing any money, at the moment I can afford to have a completely independent poker bankroll. Just finished the first 2 games and its a good start :clap

Tourney Date Finish
1 01-Aug 1
2 01-Aug 2
I'll put up stats every 50 games.

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge.

:welcome back and Bon chance :hope
Merci, merci. I'm a little embarrassed to say thats near the limit of my French despite spending nearly 3 months there. My specialty was asking for a pan au chocolat every morning on my way to work. I think I miss them the most!
Good luck dude :hope
Cheers buddy, really enjoyed my first two games and have had to force myself to do work instead of playing more.

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge. I've been having a think and my biggest poker regret is always having to withdraw money for other more important things, I'm sure this is the same for a lot of other people. Sometimes I wonder if I would be playing at a fairly high level if I didn't have to keep starting from scratch. My main aim for this challenge is to keep poker money and real money separate as much as possible. It might be I withdraw a little at certain milestones to treat myself but I will be doing all I can to avoid emptying my account. This means I have to be a little more money conscious in real life too, can't be a bad thing.

I've been having a think and my biggest poker regret is always having to withdraw money for other more important things' date=' I'm sure this is the same for a lot of other people. Sometimes I wonder if I would be playing at a fairly high level if I didn't have to keep starting from scratch. My main aim for this challenge is to keep poker money and real money separate as much as possible. It might be I withdraw a little at certain milestones to treat myself but I will be doing all I can to avoid emptying my account. This means I have to be a little more money conscious in real life too, can't be a bad thing.[/quote'] That is exactly my biggest poker failing too. I have no problem coming out in profit, but then I withdraw that profit to buy holidays / laptops / Wiis etc etc etc. I, like you, really must stop that :spank

My main aim for this challenge is to keep poker money and real money separate as much as possible. It might be I withdraw a little at certain milestones to treat myself but I will be doing all I can to avoid emptying my account.
I will need in the next month or two to clear out my poker accounts :sad First time I've needed to do that, but my level has always lagged behind my bankroll (I've always built bankroll quicker than self confidence :loon)so I've always played well within my bankroll (probably too much so). I think it's essential to play within your bankroll (assuming you want to receive money from poker and not spend it :tongue2). If bankroll is holding you back (more than self confidence) then I think it's a great idea for you to try and ringfence your poker money (sure if you need to withdraw for something, then you have no choice, but if you want to withdraw for something non-essential, then I think it's good to be tough on yourself). The kind of plan I'm formulating for myself for bankroll building at the moment is to play STTs at the highest level I can afford for a maximum of 5% of my bankroll within a site, which should, over enough games, find me playing at the highest level I can where I break even - my profit maximising level would be level(s) below that, but I want to try and "push myself" higher. So eventually I'll be breaking even at the tables - my profit will be the rakeback - so I'll withdraw my rakeback from the site back to my ewallet and that will be what I build my overall bankroll with.

That is exactly my biggest poker failing too. I have no problem coming out in profit, but then I withdraw that profit to buy holidays / laptops / Wiis etc etc etc. I, like you, really must stop that :spank
I'm determined to give it a real bash, who knows, this time next year...
The kind of plan I'm formulating for myself for bankroll building at the moment is to play STTs at the highest level I can afford for a maximum of 5% of my bankroll within a site, which should, over enough games, find me playing at the highest level I can where I break even - my profit maximising level would be level(s) below that, but I want to try and "push myself" higher. So eventually I'll be breaking even at the tables - my profit will be the rakeback - so I'll withdraw my rakeback from the site back to my ewallet and that will be what I build my overall bankroll with.
How many STTs do you think you could play in a month? Are you going to be playing cash still? When my bankroll gets a bit bigger I will be looking around for rakeback deals again but its so easy to build a bankroll on Pacific that I don't mind doing without until I am playing decent sized games.
Welcome back mate' date=' good luck[/quote'] Thanks Matty :ok

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge. Played 2 more games tonight whilst having a break. Think I will be able to get a few more in tomorrow.

Tourney Date Finish
3 02-Aug 1
4 02-Aug 5
Pretty pleased with how I'm playing. Game 4 started off well enough but my flopped flush ran into a boat on the river (all in on the flop), took me down to 130 chips and I held on for another 5 minutes or so before I ran in AK with 64. My game plan at the moment is to just wait for someone to make a mistake, no fancy play, very ABC until we get down to 3, then I'll shove any sign of weakness. My favourite play is pushing on my BB when the SB just calls hoping to see a flop, definitely think this +EV at this level.

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge. I've all but given up on cash :sad Was playing 25NL on Boss and just getting nowhere fast .... thought I'd try a few coolers as a break, and have been raking it in - havent gone back to cash yet and dont think I will :sad I'm typically 6 tabling the coolers - looking in PT - tonight in 109 minutes, I played 13 Coolers (an average of 4.8 tables at a time - lower than the maximum obviously because of opening and closing tables). I dont know how many I'll play in a month - will be a function of how much time I play against the numbers above. Playing that many games, I can't/dont keep records :sad Just went to look in sharkscope to see how many of those I won, and there are no games recorded since January :unsure My bankroll grew about €30 though (mostly €5 games, a few of the early games were €3 to get multitables open a bit quicker). I can hit the €10 games in my next session :)

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge. I tried coolers before we did the cash benchmarking and I found them very frustrating. My laptop can't cope with more than 4 tables but I'm sure playing 6 would make things a little more interesting. What level do you think you'll start to be just break even? Have you tried playing one or two of the bigger games?

What level do you think you'll start to be just break even? Have you tried playing one or two of the bigger games?
I dont know - I'm actually reasonably confident I can go quite high in them (as high as there is liquidity) - I havent played the biggest games. I seem to recall having tried €20 and doing ok (over a small sample).

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge. Heaters are fun!

Tourney Date Finish
5 02-Aug 2
6 02-Aug 1
7 02-Aug 1
8 02-Aug 1
Made a pretty bad play in the game 7 when we were down to 3, pushed all in preflop with KQ when I knew I wasn't ahead. With the blinds so big relative to the blind I couldn't call an extra BB and then fold on the flop, should have folded pre flop.

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge. Last 4 games of the weekend. Could have been a bit better if the river was kinder to me, but no complaints about how its been going so far.

Tourney Date Finish
9 02-Aug 2
10 02-Aug 2
11 02-Aug 4
12 02-Aug 3
Should have one the second game, it went on for 50 minutes and I was ahead for a lot of that. Let my mind wander and made a bad call on the flop with middle pair but I was getting frustrated at how passive the guy was and in the end it cost me.

Re: Tomahawks starting from $100 challenge. A (small) winning session.

Tourney Date Finish
21 04-Aug 1
22 04-Aug 5
23 04-Aug 6
24 04-Aug 2
The last game had a bit of an odd ending, almost something from a double or nothing. 3rd hand from the end everyone is all in pre flop, Button pushes with KJ, I raise all in and the BB reraises with 88. Flop comes KJx and the Button wins the pot. Leaving me on 64 chips and the Big Blind on 117. I'm the button next hand and duly fold (blinds at 75 and 150), fully expecting the guy on 117 to follow suit in the hope I get knocked out in the next hand where he can fold for free. Much to my surprise he goes all in with 32 and I crawl into 2nd place :ok