Triple bets with 2 y/o maidens

Hi all. I had an idea a few days ago about double and triple bets. Basically the idea was that the fav, 2nd fav and 3rd fav quite often win maiden races. So why not put a double bet on all outcomes for the fav, 2nd fav and 3rd fav: e.g Race 1 Horse A Horse B Horse C Race 2 Horse E Horse F Horse G So the bets would go as follows: A + E A + F A + G B + E B + F B + G C + E C + F C + G But with a little testing it soon become clear that the outlay wouldnt be covered never mind a profit. So i then tried the same system but with only 2 horses per race (fav and 2nd fav) - This was marginaly better. Then i tried a triple with the same system as above: Race 1 Horse A Horse B Race 2 Horse C Horse D Race 3 Horse E Horse F Bets: a+c+e a+c+f a+d+e a+d+f b+c+e b+c+f b+d+e b+d+f Totaling 8 bets. For the fav and 2nd fav I didnt take the market fav, but the ones from The Sun newspaper. I read that the forcasters in papers usually get the 1st fav right 1 out of 3 times. So its my conclusion that if you add their 2nd fav this may be pushed up to a winner 2 our of 3 times. I have tested this system with all the old newspapers i could find - be it only 5 days worth and here are the results: 24th July Ascot 2:40 - Zubova and Battlemaiden Ascot 3:15 - Sea Lord and Pounced York 7:00 - Farmers wish and Bridge Valley. This day was a loss so -£8 25th July Newmarket 4:00 - San Jem and Blue Maiden Sailsbury 6:30 - Head down and Indian Skipper York 4.15 - Loveinthesand and key art. This day was a loss so -£8 27th July Windsor 7:15 - Chocolate cookie and Listilo Southwell 2:15 - Baby Judge and Yeadon Windsor 6:10 - Planet red and ghost This day was a loss so -£8 29th July Goodwood 4.35 - Poopy Sead and Damietha Lecister 6.00 - Royal etiquite and Glen Sheil Sandown 6.55 - Deavile post and azmeel Again a loss so -£8 This so far is a total loss of -£32 30th July Nottingham 2.05 - Gundarro and Fairy Epsom 7.00 - Fine and Universal Musselburgh 6.45 - Dower and living large Here we hat 3 winners at odds of 7.5, 4.5 and 2.5 (William hill) This would have produced a return of: £148 So over 5 days it would have shown a profit of £116. What do the pro's think of this.. was i just lucky here?