Leicester 29th July (eve)

8.15 Leicester Don pele finally looked to be coming back to form on the easing ground at FFos, so further softness here will suit well having done some decent winning on softer ground. Has won off marks of 84 on fast ground and 79 on soft ground runs off mark of just 68 tonight! 0.5pt e/w don pele

Re: Leicester 29th July (eve) 8.15 Leicester Captain Kallis - if able to reproduce his second placed effort at Chepstow recently he would have a good chance here. He was second that day off a 2 lb lower mark but, being by Captain Rio, you would have thought he would have preferred slower ground than he got that day - as it was Gd/Frm. He wil have soft ground tonight and I think that will suit him down to the ground, as he has shown on numerous occasions he handles the fibresand at Southwell, winning a maiden there and placing in several handicaps off this sort of mark. The other two positives for me tonight are the jockey booking and his draw. Seb Sanders is riding here for Sir Mark Prescott tonight, and Dominic Ffrench Davis obviously took advantage of the fact he was going to be sat twiddling his thumbs between rides. The gelding is drawn in stall 14, which should help here given the high-draw bias, and I think, taking into account the horses drawn next door, he should be able to race up with the pace and give himself a chance. 18/1 Blue Sq, EW.