The Buick Open Thursday Jul 30 – Sunday Aug 2, 2009 · Warwick Hills G & Country Club

As usual Tiger Woods is ridiculously short odds considering he missed the cut at Turnberry! However it's just like Tiger to bounce back here in a tournament that he has done well in the past: Winner in 2006 & 2002 Runner up in 2005 & 2003 But at 2/1 it can't be feasible to back before the tournament starts because we should be able to get better odds in running in the hope he has an average 1st round! Others to look out for this week: Woody Austin runner up for the last 2 years & winner in 1995 Jim Furyk winner in 2003 and runner up in 2001 & 2006 Brian Gay who has played well this year and could be quite decent odds! he was runner up in 2002. Zach Johnson who has gone quiet lately but I'm expecting a resurgence anytime soon, he was runner up in 2005 Vijay Singh has a great record here also, however I think father time has caught up with Vijay and I would rather leave him alone until I see him put in 4 rounds of solid golf! I'll be back later when the bookies price up with the best odds available for the above bar Singh & Woods! :ok

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Buick Open Thursday Jul 30 – Sunday Aug 2, 2009 · Warwick Hills G & Country C

Zach Johnson who has gone quiet lately but I'm expecting a resurgence anytime soon, he was runner up in 2005
I'm not trying to pick holes in your post jonesy, but that quote jumped out at me and is seriously wide of the mark. One poor round in the open cost him a potential top ten and the week before in the John Deere as posted on here, i unfortunately backed Glover to beat him in a matchbet, and he ended up finishing second behind Stricker on -17. He also finished 18th in his last tournament prior to the JD, which would suggest to me his game is as good as it's been at any stage this year. Anyway, like last week in the SAS, its another pretty poor field on the European tour this week in the Czech Republic, and with no previous course form to go on and after looking at the markets, i'm happy to concetrate solely on the Buick this week and hopefully i'l get any bets posted up by tommorow night.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.