Ascot - 26/7/09

4.35 Ascot Classic Punch looks overpriced at 25/1 and can land the spoils for David Elsworth. The Mozart gelding is the highest rated runner in the field and if shows his true colours would have a big chance. He showed at Ripon in April that he is dangerous if allowed to dominate and although he is not certain to get the lead as easily here, in a larger field, and with another potential leader in the ranks - Robby Bobby - I feel he is worth chancing with the last named an inconsistent type, who is versatile tactics wise. Classic Punch has infact never won a handicap, but he has mainly been campaigned in listed or group company so I feel it is more of a case of him not getting the chances, rather than being overburdened in the handicap. Louis-phillipe Beuzelin has a good reputation as a claiming jockey, I'm yet to see it when he's been carrying my money, and I think its about time he pulled his finger out, proved he's worth the 5 lbs, and made up for lost time! 25/1 Lads, EW.

Re: Ascot - 26/7/09 4.35 ASCOT NIGHT CRESCENDO 14/1 E/W Have been waiting for this horse to get a few runs under its belt this year should now be starting to peak. Loves this course and won two similar race here last year. May have liked a bit more cut in the ground but should go well. Trainer and jock combined for a good winner yesterday. 5.10 LEGAL EAGLE 25/1 E/W Stick a pin in it handicap but i have plumped for this horse who is running well and will give a good account again and is a decent price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.