Newmarket July Meeting Weds 8th July

The change in the ground may impact on the meeting as the rain has swept across the country. Officially Good at present but i am concerned there will be a chnage to either g/soft or even soft by the time racing starts. 2.00 Barry Hill's DAMIEN should go well here albeit i am taking a chance on the draw as stall 2 could be good / and or bad! But the horse has form on all ground so easy ground is no concern to me, since winning on debut last year at Windsor over 6f, finished in front of the likes of Angelzarke, Indian Art & Ouqba next time at Newmarket behind elnawin in the yearling stakes in August. Followed by a 2nd nk behind awinnersgame in the Weatherbys sprint for 2yo's at Donny. Its last race last seaosn was a decent 4th place behind recent grp 1 winner Lord Shanakil beaten only 2.25L off level weights. Started this season in a 7f race on the AW at Lingfield, ending up 4th behind Clive Brittains Nashmiah who went on to win at Yorks May meeting. I didnt think much of its run behind Total Gallery at Ascot when finishing 6th of 9, but battled back on last start with a 3rd of 7 behind Danehill destiny in a listed race. I think this big field will help the horse a lot as it seems to go better in the big fields where there is limited bunching involved, using its draw it can pick its spot & find a way through. 20/1 with Corals looks a stand out to me. EW 1-2-3-4

Re: Newmarket July Meeting Weds 8th July 3.10 The ground conditions should play into the hands of RAINBOW VIEW who should now be able to assert his class to win a group 1 this season. The price being offered by Corals at 5/2 looks massive in my opinion. I am not a great lover of following horses that have perhaps not lived up to thier class of a previosu season, however Rainbow view didnt pick up in the Guineas & perhaps the fast ground didnt suit it totally but whatever the reason, the step up to 1m 4f for the Oaks was too much & no match for top class Sariska. Next time out at Ascot RV was an eyecatching 3rd in another race where it failed to understand the pace. Tomorrow will be a different story & i expect we will see the RV we saw last year. 5/2 Corals

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.