Trading football strategy

Trading system (long term profit) Hey everyone i would like to share a trading straegy with you all, although it does involve "in play" selections which are not really allowed on this forum, i will give you clear guidelines to follow. My starting bank will be 100. My system involves laying the draw at the best possible odds before a match, it will be a match that i feel will have goals. Once one of the team scores ( preferably the favourite ), the odds on the draw will go up, i will then back the selection and green up making a profit. I will post my selections and profit results on a regular basis. It is vital that you back the selection once the odds go up after a goal in order to ensure a long term proft, which should over shadow any short term losses, in general losses will only occur for 0-0 matches, for no i will experiment with leaving my selections go to the final whistle if no goal is scored, and i will also experiment with trading off my selections if no goals are scored by a certain time in the game, thus limiting my losses. I will proved further information with the results from my trading. I will use stakes of 10-20 euros at first, this is a paper trail system, but i am confident of its success, wish me luck !:hope

Re: Trading football strategy

although it does involve "in play" selections which are not really allowed
They are allowed, you just need to prove them. http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f21/rules-posting-betting-systems-35636/ Good luck. P.S. you might want to do a search as there have been a few threads attempting this strategy. One piece of advice, also keep a record of the prices on the "1 or more goals" market. In my experience you can make more profit simply backing that, just track it to see.

Re: Trading football strategy :welcome to PL, xConorisLOSTx! As Datapunter said, it happened recently that there have been several threads about trading, you should easily find them in Systems and Strategy Forum. If you don't mind, I'd give you a couple of suggestions regarding your strategy; usually, I wouldn't do that, but as you say it's paper trial, it means that you should consider various ideas and evaluate them before real use. Trading the draw can be a profitable strartegy, and exactly that strategy was discussed about a week ago in thread Too good to be true, but given that you are able carefully to select your games (0-0 occurs more often than you think!); the only way to avoid that risk is to back correct score 0-0 prior to the game, therefore significantly decreasing your profit; your solution, to lay draw after 0-0 persist for a certain time, will not work, I'm afraid, and that's my first suggestion; in a goalless match, odds for draw drop to about 1.60 after about 70 minutes without goal, and if there is no goals after 80 minutes, odds for a draw are as low as 1.20 to 1.30, making it senseless to trade at such huge negative difference between back and lay odds; I don't have exact statistics, but I consider there is a significant number of games where first goal gets in last 20 minutes or so, therefore I prefer idea to let all the matches go untill the end; but, you'll se; in any case, take the stats about odds movements during the match, depending of goals scored. Second, why should you stick only to trade the draw? There are so many other possibilities that you might use them, if you conclude that a match is not suitable for trading the draw; for example, you need high-scoring game to trade the draw; but if you conclude that some match will be low-scoring, you can back under 2.5 goals prior to kick-off, and then after about 20 goalless minutes, the odds should be short enough for a successfull lay; etc... Anyway, good luck with your thread! :ok

Re: Trading football strategy Thanks for the support. I am going to take your advice Fremont, after looking at how odds move i have decided that attempting to trade off if the game remains 0-0 will not save me much losses, i will allow all games to trade to the end, i will make my first trades later this week as right no there are not many matches.

Re: Trading football strategy 1st selection -Cork City vs St Patricks Athletic This selction is made largely due to St Pats poor defensive record. Since this is my first selection using real money i am only using a stakes of 4 euro-yes i know very conservative :) , will post results later. Also could somebody explain how the points system works? I notice people will post that they have 12 points profit etc, but i dont understand that math to it.

Re: Trading football strategy i think im correct here,(if not can somebady let me know),the points system is a unit of currency you are useing,i.e 1 point might be £1 or £10 or ! euro depending on what stake you have decided to use to try a given system,but should allways be decided before the system is tried, e.g if you decide £10 is your stake and you lose £40 in a day then you are minus 4 points

Re: Trading football strategy Phew, what a commitment to glory hunt... :lol And it was off to a good start - if I remember well (I can't go now to find a result), that game, Cork City vs. St. Patricks, finished 0-1 or 1-0, so Conoris won those 4 EUR in his first bet...