system spreadsheet - help

Hi all. Iv been following a system since the middle of may on paper. It seems very profitable. Now someone has told me, and iv read on here, that people can make spreadsheets that go back for a long time - some years. I am wondering if someone would do this for me. I am willing to compensate for the time taken - and obviously if it works you will have the system too. If you are interested please let me know - [edit] Thanks. Adam ps. I am willing to pay £10 via paypal. I also have 1 more system which i would like to try. so make that £10 for 1 or £15 for 2 lol :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: system spreadsheet - help

I also have 1 more system which i would like to try. so make that £10 for 1 or £15 for 2 lol :)
your not very good at negotiating are you lol. that would be like my boss saying i can work 1 hour at normal or 1 hour at normal and 1 hour overtime at half wage

Re: system spreadsheet - help shadowvkc, we don't do that kind of thing here on PL. You could use a site like www.rentacoder.com and post a project there. I don't mind if you post a link here on PL to your project. The point is that if money is involved then it should be arranged outside of PL. Alternatively you can ask for help here and perhaps someone is willing to provide it for free by posting here in public view. You should give it a try. Exactly what data do you need ?

Re: system spreadsheet - help haha yea i see my sill mistake there.. ok well if someone is willing to do it on here for free and that means it will be posted i dont mind. This is the first system.. which I have been doing since the middle of may: It is best if I use today as an example. There were 3 day meetings - Doncaster, Sandown and Warwick. You arrange them in order of the first starting time: Doncaster Warwick Sandown 2.00 2.10 2.20 2.30 2.40 2.50 3.00 3.10 3.25 3.35 3.45 4.00 4.10 You then work across the table selecting race numbers 3, 5, 8 and 13. So this would mean today's selection is: Sandown 2.20 Warwick 2.40 Warwick 3.10 Doncaster 4.10. Sometime when there are just 2 meetings you get this: Meeting 1 Meeting 2 2.00 2.10 2.30 2.40 3.00 3.30 4.00 4.30 So the selection would be: meeting 1 - 2.30 meeting 1 - 3.00 meeting 2 - 4.30 On a day such as this there would only be 3 selections as there is not enough races to go to the 13th selection. You then back the Fav. if the odds are love than 1.25 then you back the 2nd fav. This can be done twice a day, once with the day racing and once with the night racing. Anyways, i was wondering over a long period of time - a couple of months- how profitable this system would be from a bank of 100pts. And maybe the most efficient staking system. Also would it be more profitable to back each race every day or would it be better to stop at a winner for the day? I hope you can understand what i am asking lol and i would be most greatful if someone could help me out. Also has anyone heard of this system before? I know the selection comes from the fibonacci number sequance. Thanks. Adam

Re: system spreadsheet - help Ok so i have done a little homework. In the past 4 days I have the following stats: Longest losing run: 2 Profit: 33.9% And i believe this to be pretty constant. Maybe if someone could help me with the spreadsheet going back a few months I think this will be a pretty good system. Adam

Re: system spreadsheet - help ...... don't think that is right fella, if it is based on fibonacci it goes 1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34 etc so if he starts at 3 the bottom two selections would not apply as 13 is the last of the above numbers to be in the sequence. ;)

Re: system spreadsheet - help hey all.. sorry to be so late in replying but I have been away. I have the past couple of days here: horse.png From this i gather: Starting bank - £100 Ending bank after 3 days - £174.65 Profit - 74.65% The reason the weekend is not there is because with this system you do not bet weekends. Also this is a system whereby when you win you stop betting for the day - hence the numbers stopping after a win. @ The man - Sorry I will post todays selection up once I have the newspaper. @ KTom - Sorry I do not have the raw data, I was hoping someone could tell me how to obtain it, as I see some people have gone back years and i doubt they have the newspaper for each day and inputed in manually. Thanks guys - watch out for todays selections later.

Re: system spreadsheet - help Also The Man they system stops after 13. There should never be more than 13 selectable as the next number is 8+13 = 21. The most races per day are 4 in the day and 4 in the afternoon. When I post todays selection I will post how i came to chose them using this method and hopefully it will become clear

Re: system spreadsheet - help Ok so todays selections are: Daytime Wolverhampton Pontefract 1.45 2.30 2.15 3.00 2.45 3.30 3.15 4.00 3.45 4.30 4.15 5.00 4.45 5.30 5.15 The ones in BOLD are the selection. These are found by using the number sequance 3, 5, 8, 13. If there is not enough faces to go to 13 then you will have just 3 selections to bet. DAY TIME BETS: Wolverhampton 2:15. 2:45. and 4:45 Pontefract 4:00 Using the staking system where you place £3 on the first bet, if that loses put £5 on the second bet, if that loses put £8 on the third bet and if that loses put £13 on the last bet. If the odds are lower than 1 (Evens) then you back the 2nd fav. Evening races Southwell Uttoexter 6.40 6.50 7.10 7.20 7.40 7.50 8.10 8.20 8.40 8.50 9.10 9.20 Southwell - 7:10 and 7:40 Uttoexter - 8:20 Again the above rules apply. Wish me luck :) P.S If anyone can recommend a better staking plan then that would be awsome.

Re: system spreadsheet - help Hi shadowvkc. I'm sorry but I have a different set of qualifiers to you. 2.30 Pont. 3.00 pont. 3.45 wolver. 5.00 pont. 7.10 Swell. 7.40 Swell. 8.20 Uttox. Am I correct,or have I missed something? THE MAN

Re: system spreadsheet - help Hey the MAN. Can you tell me how you come to these selections? I used to use www.racing post.com to get the daily races but this was wrong, you need to get them out of a newspaper such as The Sun or the Daily Mail.. For some reason some meetings are not included in the newspapers and this was screwing my results for a while. Anyway if you can write down the meetings and how you selected them ill see what you missed. Thanks, adam

Re: system spreadsheet - help shadowvkc. I thought you meant that you were to select 3-5-8-13 in timed order of UK races? The races I have chosen are in fact 3-5-8-13 then 3-5-8(as there is no race 13 this evening). THE MAN

@ KTom - Sorry I do not have the raw data, I was hoping someone could tell me how to obtain it, as I see some people have gone back years and i doubt they have the newspaper for each day and inputed in manually.
I can probably obtain it, and format it. May take a bit of time as I do not have it stored. How far back where you looking to test? and can you confirm the definite rules as there appears to be some inconsistencies. As merlin also points out, should Fibonacci scale go 1,2,3,5,8,13

Re: system spreadsheet - help Hi KThom. In my book it should go 1 1 2 3 5 8 13,but perhaps this is not how shadowvkc likes to stake it(after all,it is his idea). Re:the inconsistencies in interpreting the rules,how do YOU(or anyone else)understand it,with regards to timed races etc? THE MAN

Re: system spreadsheet - help @ Ktom - I would really appreciate it if you could put something together for me as I am not all that great with computers. I would be looking to go back a few months or longer depending on your time commitments. @ THE MAN and Ktom - I will write out the definitive rules and some examples later and upload them to my server in the form of an excel file as it is easier with the formatting. As for the sequance going 1, 1, 3, 5, 8, 13 - I understand that is the correct sequance, but it is not the sequance I use. Since the first two are 1 then for the staking systems the profits would not be large enough. I hope when I post the rules later it will be a little better understood. In the meantime lets hope for some winners today :) :hope

Hi KThom. In my book it should go 1 1 2 3 5 8 13,but perhaps this is not how shadowvkc likes to stake it(after all,it is his idea). Re:the inconsistencies in interpreting the rules,how do YOU(or anyone else)understand it,with regards to timed races etc? THE MAN
Well that is how Fibonacci works, but it is shaowvkc's system. What happens in the event of a joint favourite Shadowvkc?

Re: system spreadsheet - help In the result of a joint fav you would have the odds. e.g Horse 1 @ 6/1 Horse 2 @ 6/1 Both joint favs. If you but £1.50 on each the odds would be the same as putting £3 on a single horse at odds of 3/1 so you would play them both. As for today - it seems like a bit of a disaster day. But once the selections finish running i will put up the results. Thanks. Adam

Re: system spreadsheet - help Ok so the results are in: DAY TIME - Wolv 2.15 - lose - £3 Wolv 2.45 - lose - £5 Pont 4.00 - lose - £8 Wolv 4.45 - lose - £13 (please understand that I made a mistake with the betting today. I should have bet the fav at wolv 2.45 with odds @ 1.50 but instead I bet the 2nd fav. The fav won so I would have been up here and I would have stopped for the day time) Starting bank £100 Ending bank £71 Lose of £21 EVENING RACES: South 7.10 - lose £3 South 7.40 - profit £4 Starting bank £71 Ending bank £72 Profit of £1 This has been a disater of a day. BUT if i hadnt made the mistake then the result would have looked like this: DAY TIME: Starting bank £100 Ending bank £104.50 EVENING TIME: Starting bank £104.50 Ending bank £105.50

Re: system spreadsheet - help Ok, well I have extrapolated 1 months worth of meetings, including results, odds, times etc. If you post clear and concise rules I should be able to run them through a tester tomorrow. From there the sample size can be increased.

Re: system spreadsheet - help Ok rules: First off I will write a little jargon buster: Meeting = location of where the race will be held e.g Ripon Selection = the horse which will be bet on e.g Ice Cold Lady UK only raced = the races which appear in the Newspaper The Sun or Daily Mail (Probably more but I have not checked) - THIS IS IMPORTANT AS THE RACINGPOST.COM SHOWS MORE RACES WHICH ARE NOT INCLUDED. Ok so every day is broken down into Day races and Evening races. You will know the difference as the day races start around 2pm and the evening races around 7pm. From today examples in the SUN newspaper there were 2 meetings: Wolv and Pont. You then write out the times in coloums, making sure that the meeting with the first race is in the first coloum. So today Wolv's first race started at 1.45 and Pont started at 2.30 So you would then Do this: Wolv's...........Pont 1.45............. 2.30 2.15............. 3.00 2.45............. 3.30 3.15............. 4.00 3.45............. 4.30 4.15............. 5.00 4.45............. 5.30 5.15 You would then go from left to right starting counting. when you hit number 3, 5, 8 and 13 then they are the selection for the day. So: 1. wolvs 1.45 2. pont 2.30 3. wolvs 2.15 4. pont 3.00 5. wolvs 2.45 I then go to william hill and use the decimal setting so all race odds are shown in decimal. If the decial odds is 1 or below on the fav then you back the 2nd fav horse to win. Otherwise always back the fav to win. I use the staking system of: 1st bet = £3 2nd bet = £5 3rd bet = £8 4th bet = £13 (but i am open to chaning this to maxamise profits if possible.) Once one horse has won then you stop for the day and bank the profits. The evening races is classed as a 'new day' in that even if you won in the afternoon races you start the whole sequance again in the evening starting with the first £3 bet. If there are no winners in the afternoon races then you carry on with the evening races as normal with the begining bet of £3. If there are no winners in the evening races then the next day you start the afternoon races with the first £3 bet. I do not bet saturday and sundays as on paper there seem to produce bad results. I hope i have covered everything, and if you are unsure about anything please let me know and ill try to explain it differently.. @Kthom - I am very greatful for you taking the time to complile this. when you insert the results if possible you could do the above and then also do the above races but with different staking system. This 2nd staking system would just be to bet 10% of the bank on the first race. If it lost then the bank would have decreased by 10% e.g starting bank of £100. 10% = £10. new bank = £90 so the next bet would be £9 (or 10% of the new bank) I really appreaciate your time. Thanks. Adam

Re: system spreadsheet - help I can run any rules you want, personally I don not understand the selection process. In my eyes the Pontefract 2.30 selection would be the first qualifier in your example (I think as THE MAN also said) as this is the 3rd race of the day in chronological order. The left to right bit doesn't make sense to me. Also, you say if the decimal odds is less than 1 you back 2nd fav. Do you mean less than 2.0 as 1.0 isn't a valid odd? I think if the system is profitable (generates a high enough win rate) then your staking plan can be much improved by actually taking the odds into account rather than using a modified Martingale (I have something in line with Ansell staking that may work). However, I fail to see anything other than chance that has provided your winnings to date (no form, conditions, trainers, jockeys etc taken into account) - but am willing to test it.

Re: system spreadsheet - help I am sorry, but this just can't work. There is no system that will allow you to win long term by blindly betting favourites (or second favorites) in random races. shadowkvc, how on earth can you justify omitting Saturdays and Sundays because the results don't look good. Any filtering has to have a logical reason for inclusion / exclusion. If you have been lucky enough to be in front from this system, then bank it and thank your lucky stars.

Re: system spreadsheet - help We will see when Kthom runs it in the spreadsheet. As i said I have been following it losely on paper since the middle of may and it looks to be working. Would be nice to see what it looks like on a spreadsheet with a different staking system

We will see when Kthom runs it in the spreadsheet. As i said I have been following it losely on paper since the middle of may and it looks to be working. Would be nice to see what it looks like on a spreadsheet with a different staking system
But can you provide a logical explanation for why it does work (because I don't see one)? I mean that if instead of races 3, 5, 8 and 13 you used races 1, 2, 3 and 4 why would this not work? You are just picking random races.