Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments

GaF

Might be interesting - especially in the early days when people are trying to work out their strategies.... Anyone played these yet? Do they exist? Have they been tested? (email suggests a 1st July launch - but not clear)

Survivor Tournaments are fast paced, white knuckle tournaments with nail biting finishes, where every second counts! A perfect tournament for adrenalin junkies in need of a quick fix. They are time-based, so YOU know the tournament duration, and can plan your day accordingly. How does it work? The tournament is divided into time-based elimination levels. At the end of each level a percentage of players with the lowest chip stacks are eliminated from the tournament. An Indicator on the table alerts you to: YOUR survivor status - SAFE, WARNING or DANGER, the chip stack you need to avoid elimination, time left in the elimination level, and the number of players to be eliminated. All the information YOU need to make that quick decision is available to you at a glance. Scenarios: “You are SAFE from elimination with less than 60 seconds left of the elimination level. You are holding pocket kings, but four players playing behind you are short stacked - in DANGER, and bound to go all in pre-flop scraping to avoid elimination, what do you do?”
  1. Risk your stack and play, knowing you will be going into a coin flip situation and face possible elimination.
  2. Be safe, fold, and survive another level, leaving the short stacks to scrap it out amongst themselves.

“You are in DANGER of being eliminated. You have less than 60 seconds left to survive, what do you do?”

1. Do nothing, get eliminated and fizzle out.
  2. Risk your stack and go all in, hope to hit and survive. If not, at least you went out in a blaze of glory! Yeah baby!

Rewards are great as all survivors share equally in the booty!
photo_52420090515_093753.jpg Above are the Icons that will appear on the table to indicate YOUR survivor status during the game:
  • SAFE Status: represented by a Full Heart indicates that YOUR chip stack should be large enough to avoid elimination at the end of the current level. Sit back and relax.
  • WARNING Status: represented by a Half Full Heart indicates that YOUR chip stack is nearing the threshold amount required to avoid elimination. You will need to be wary going into the last minutes of the elimination level.
  • DANGER Status: represented by a Skull & Cross Bones indicates that YOU are short stacked and have fallen below the required threshold amount .YOU are in danger of being eliminated! Do something drastic to boost your chip stack before the end of the level.

The tournament will end once the final number of players has been reached.

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments There's a $5 one starting at 17:45. "At the end of each level the bottom 10% of the field will be eliminated ... 2000 starting chips 5 minute blinds" I'm not clear what the payout structure is nor the time limit on the game....

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments I think, initially at least, players will make bigger mistakes - they'll apply their learned theory without understanding the situations - I think that the thinking players could have a bigger edge than normal. For the tourney at 17:45 - I'm going to hazard a guess that it's 10% of the starting field eliminated at the end of each level (including those with 0 chips left!), not 10% of remaining players - in which case there will be 10 levels - 5 minutes each, so I presume a 50 minute game :unsure

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments Also a $2 survivor with 136 entrants - top 14 each won $19.42. Similar to DoN in a way in that chip accumulation is worthless with top 10% of the field all winning the same prize.

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments lol - exactly 100 entrants - 10 players to be eliminated at the end of level 1 - except 12 players out before the end of the level anyway, so no eliminations! Just 8 players to be eliminated from level 2 - though I suspect it will be more who go out anyway :tongue2

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments Again no eliminations as 8 players were knocked out anyway. I'm curious what happens to a players chips when they are eliminated - I presume that they're removed from play - but suppose there are other possibilities - like being shared equally or proportionately amongst remaining players ..... need to see an elimination though to know what happens :lol :lol

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments I'm thinking a key tactic late on when the blinds are hurting will be to use the full clock every hand to minimise the number of hands I play (and the qty of blinds I pay) :unsure

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments Finally seen an elimination as we moved into the last 40!! The chips are removed from play (and the lobby lists how many chips removed from play! I'm in desperate trouble now - I'm the short stack in the tourney - need to get my chips in the middle soon (not played a hand yet!!!)

Re: Ladbrokes: Survivor tournaments Oops - took my eye off of the clock - I was 34th of 35 with everyone to 31st eliminated - the level ended and I had 53o in front of me :lol Had to shove and that was it :sad I've tried it - not sure I'll bother again!!