Chester 26th June

Hello, I am new here...back from uni and going to Chester races tomorrow. I have been to the races numerous times as a youngster (my Dad is a racing fan and ex-bookie) and I used to read the form a little bit in the RP to choose horses, but I have now been looking into it deeper. As prep for a flutter tomorrow I have been researching how to study form properly and have started reading up on trainers, etc. with the help of the RP site. Do any of you have tips/advice for me starting out? ...any tips for Chester tomorrow wouldn't go amiss either! ;) Cheers.

Re: Chester 26th June H HARRISON 6.40 Chester. 0.5 points each way. Can be very in and out, but does like a sharp track and they come no sharper than here at Chester. Has a decent draw in stall 5 and with that can hopefully show that good early spped he's got and get a very nice early position up front with the lead, or just in behind the lead. Stays this trip well enough and races off an attractive looking mark of 57, so all in all and at a current price of around 16/1, he'd appeal to me as a fair each way bet.

Re: Chester 26th June Placepot Race 1 - Many Welcomes has been pretty consistent of late and it always pays to go with the consitent sorts down at this level. I am of the opinion 7f should be just fine for this horse, as it has been staying on late more often than not over 6f. 12/1. Race 2 - Abandagold seems sure to place in this and looks by far the safest option. Every sign in her previous two efforts that a step up to 7f will do nicely and should be very tough to beat. 5/6. Race 3 - Eastern Aria has placed in all but one of her seven starts and she had plenty of excuses on the occasion she didn't. I think she has the beating of three of the horses in this field and is worth going with, just incase the other Johnson horse, Alpen Glen, happens to flop badly, which isn't out of the question back in trip. 10/3. Race 4 - Rising Kheyleyf was a poor maiden turned improved handicapper. At the end of the day, the reality is this fairly low mark could be beyond him, as he can't seem to get to grips with it. He's up a total of 11lbs since his class 6 handicap win and is pretty opposable.That said...it's not the greatest race. Night Lily has placed only once from 9 tries on turf and is also opposable. Piccolo Express may do better in handicap company, but maiden form is sketchy to say the very least. Royal Premium would be involved if able to reproduce his last two efforts, but Rio Cobolo looks the best option of the lot with three decent efforts in better company of late. Really did run on nicely at Leicester two starts ago over 6f and I'm hopeful the step up to 7f won't be a problem. 7/2. Race 5 - I am trying pretty hard to find a reason or two to oppose Brassini, but I really can't. Okay, so the class 2 handicap he won last time out wasn't a particularly good race for the grade, but he still won it with a bit in hand and a 2lb rise isn't in the least but worrying. Methaaly is probably next best. 9/4. Race 6 - Dark Ranger has the stand out recent form, but he's up 5lb this time and this will be the first time he has run on firm ground. That's a concern for me and I'm going to bypass him in favour of something else to try and increase my win potential here. I don't have it in me to back Paddy Partridge. Yeh, he might improve, but he's shown nothing in three maidens. I'm opting for Jobekani who is a total of 7lb lower than last time out when he put up a pleasing effort over course and distance. He will likely improve on that on favourable ground. 12/1.