Cricket: West Indies vs India ODI Series

West Indies host India in a 4 match ODI series which begins on Friday. All matches are on Sky so we should get a few markets up which hopefully means a few quid made ;). Series Odds: Not copying them across because they look awful but best prices are: West Indies 7/2 Draw 5/2 India Evs Schedule:

Fri Jun 26 09:30 local | 14:30 GMT 1st ODI - West Indies v India Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica 37.png 26 - 30° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Isolated Thunderstorms/Wind Click here for 10-day-Forecast ci_liveimg.gif
Sun Jun 28 09:30 local | 14:30 GMT 2nd ODI - West Indies v India Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica 37.png 26 - 30° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gifimg_weather_close.gif Forecast Isolated Thunderstorms/Wind Click here for 10-day-Forecast ci_liveimg.gif
Fri Jul 3 09:30 local | 13:30 GMT 3rd ODI - West Indies v India Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
N/A
ci_liveimg.gif
Sun Jul 5 09:30 local | 13:30 GMT 4th ODI - West Indies v India Beausejour Stadium, Gros Islet, St Lucia
N/A
ci_liveimg.gif

Re: Cricket: West Indies vs India ODI Series This could be an interesting series. Both sides have picked strange squads but that could well only make it more interesting. I'm going with 3 small outrights. 2pts West Indies to win ODI Series 3/1 Bet365 West Indies seem to have a bit of an Indian sign over the Indians if you pardon the pun. They've got a very good ODI record against them in the Caribbean and may have the upper hand after their win over India at Lords in the world twenty20 last week. In that match they showed that they can trouble the Indian batsmen with short balls and while the pitches out here may well be slower than the one at Lords on that night, they will still be full of bounce. India come into this series without 4 key players in Sehwag, Tendulkar, Raina and Zaheer Khan - all of whom will walk into India's 1st team. West Indies have left out Darren Sammy and Lendl Simmons, which is strange considering they went so well in the world twenty20. Chris Gayle is fit though and the West Indies seem to be in harmony at the minute and with India's players possibly having an eye on a 3 month break after this series, the West Indies could well take the necessary 3 games to win this series. 2pts R.Sarwan Top West Indies Series Batsman 3/1 Stan James Ramnaresh Sarwan is in the middle of an excellent 2009. He scored runs by the bucket load in the series with England over the winter and has played some match winning knocks since then too. He comes into this series averaging just a shade under 70 against the Indian's which is incredible really. Only Chanderpaul averages more than Sarwan in the West Indies from those in this squad but his average against India is only half as good as Sarwan's. Obviously Chris Gayle is a real danger in such a short series but Sarwan is a quality player in his own right and he can top the Windies run charts in this series. 1pt ew M.Vijay Top India Series Batsman 10/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) I'm taking this a lot on price alone really because we don't actually know who will partner Gautam Gambhir at the top of the Indian batting. My gut feeling though is that it won't be Rohit Sharma. He's much better in the middle order, whereas Murali Vijay is a genuine opening batsman who averages just under 50 in first class cricket and just below 45 in list A cricket. Both are very good stats and if he does open the innings in this series then the 10/1 will look particularly big, especially if we get a couple of rain hit matches. I actually think Yuvraj Singh will top score for India but I can target him in the matches. With the ew terms available it makes the 10/1 on a potential opener look even bigger, especially as if he opens he'll be batting 2 or 3 places higher than Yuvraj and at a price which is clearly wrong if he plays I'll take a small punt on Vijay being right up there in the India run charts.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.