Redcar 19/06

5.05 Redcar 12 runners lining up for a Class 5 handicap over the straight mile. Aussie Blue is a deserved fav but no way can I back this horse at its current price. Won easily lto but far from certain to follow up with a 6lb penalty. Had no weight lto and that certainly helped, a different proposition today without doubt. Efidium is getting a bit long in the tooth, it will run its race but fancy it won't be good enough. King Pin was unlucky lto but is a horse raised in the handicap despite not winning, these types are generally worth taking on. So, it leads me to the selection in: Minority Report (RPF 13/2) - Won't be able to get on to post a price but anything of 8's or above should be taken. Running for Dandy Nicholls and races off top weight with 10st to carry but is capable of defying that burden in this company. Needs a stronger gallop that it got lto and should get it in this bigger field. Massive pointer is the drop of 2 grades and an easing of 2lb in the handicap. Won off 77 last term and off 74 today, so mark isn't beyond this horse. Since that run, ran a cracker on its reappearance at Donny off 80 before a few average efforts. However, in that time, has raced in Class 3, off marks too high yet Topspeed figures still stand up. Ground looks ideal, and in a weakish event, this horse could easily land the spoils.

Re: Redcar 19/06 BENLLECH 3.55 Redcar. 0.5 points each way. Not found his form as yet since returning from Dubai, but gradually getting better and better and last time he showed that this race could be for the taking. Has the back form to go close, so with getting in here off a lowered mark of 90, and with having no trip and ground concerns, he does appear to have every chance of going close. The odds are a little on the short side for an each way punt, but I cannot see this fella being out of the first 3 and so safety first for me as always and each way it is. Should also get the pace of the race that is ideal for him and so would be my choice for today.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.