Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June

ASCOT 4.20 DESERT CREEK (1M, CL2, G/F) Stoute horse takes another step up to go for the hat trick of 1m wins this season. Was impressive at Windsor & then again at Haydock (hvy ground). Stays the trip well & will have to overcome a high draw to win. its a hot race & a difficult one to win.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June 4.20 ASCOT~MARKG O.5 E/W Hard card today but i think this one has a a bit of chance e/w back on good firm ground after putting up a sound performance on unsuitable ground last time. Trainer thinks a fair bit of this horse and he has run well including a 3rd in a listed race at the royal meeting last year. Is currently 50's with Paddy's paying 1-5 in this race which i think is very generous . Jock is 1 from 2 on him.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June W5.20 Glenridding 0.5pt E/W I've looked through the form for this horse and come to the conclusion that this trip and ground are the horses optimum conditions which it hasn't had for a while. As a result of this, it has been slipping down the weights to an attractive mark. The horse also showed improved form around this time last year and may be about to hit a purple patch once more. A claiming jockey is replaced today so the stronger handling in the saddle may also help.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June July Jasmine 3.05 Ascot I like the look of July Jasmine, it won its maiden race and then finished 6 lengths behind Midday in an Oaks trial at Lingfield but lost its balance at that course. It ran on well enough at the end of the race and interesting to see they avoided the Oaks after that. Might be seen to better effect on a track without such undulations and that form is solid with Midday only being beaten a head by the very good Sariska in the Oaks. Mick Kinane is a great booking, great judge of pace in a race and has alreay shown his class on Sea The Stars twice this season.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June Asc 4.20 Invisible Man 1pt win Connections have been all over this horse and it has to be said he hasn’t delivered yet. He was mooted for the guineas and even had a group 1 entry in the st james’ palace stakes up until 2 days ago. Connections have gone the route of a handicap for the first time off 85 and if he is anything like the horse he has promised to be he could well be up to this. Drawn widest of all which is concerning as pointed out above although he could make it himself as he did lto and with the trainer often targeting one for this race, he could go well.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June SQUIRTLE 3.30 Warwick. 0.5 points each way. Needs to prove fitness after his little break, but has done so before and so can do it again. The trip and ground are suitable and the fact he returns off a mark of 56 gives his every chance of a win in context with this race. Should be able to run the race at his normal pace and with being a consistent type, it all looks in place for a big effort.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June 2.30 Ascot Monsieur Chevalier 1pt win Very classy colt who has done nothing wrong to date, the conditions of this race are well within the capabilities of Monsieur Chevalier and he could go well today. The danger has to be Yogaroo, an american colt from the same stable as two previous 2YO winners here this week.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June 4.20 Ascot - Tarzan (e/w) I was impressed by this one's guts in defeat at Newcastle 2 runs back. Although he went down by a nose to Silver Games, he rallied gamely towards the line and only just failed to get back up on the nod. Those battling qualities will see him well in a cavalry charge like this one. Well drawn on the evidence of the week so far in a single figure stall, with a couple of pace influences around about, he races near the pace and has won over 9f so a strongly run 8f up should suit as will the climb up the Ascot hill. Silver Games, who beat this one in the aforementioned race came out and was a fine 3rd on the opening day of this meeting so the form stacks up quite well.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June ascot 2.30 Monsieur chevalier unbeaten in four starts, never shown any bad signs, loves the groudn today and should take all the beating. 1pt win To me i think star rover is worth a small fee of an e/w shot. cheers

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June 920 Flos Las: Key Regard 86 Key Regard, 86 Minder, 64 Graysland A 3yo novice race and all those with hurdle form ran in the Stratford race won by Rupestrian, Minder beat Key Regard by a sht hd that day but Key Regard was the better on the flat and found Stratford a bit sharp wheras Minder looked as thought the trip was a problem, Key Regard should come out on top this time with conditions and track much more suitable.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June RADIOHEAD 2.30 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Improved form to win last time and I think the application of a tobgue tie this afternoon can bring further improvement. I see it as a positive move, more than a negative one, and so with the trip and ground not a concern and already looking a decent animal, I think he can run the two main protagonists close today at decent odds.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June july jasmine 305 ascot. 0.5 pts ew. i think too much has been read into ryan moore choosing to ride the favourite leocrono instead of jj. jj was very naive last time out and realy knuckled down well late on to bebeaten by a decent horse. this trip and surface shouldnt be a concern and i think any amount of improvement can be seen today. she needs to improve, no doubt about that, but i think she can go close today and make ryan moore feel a bit pissed off when deep inside the last furlong.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June Ascot 3.45pm 1pt lay Yeats History in the making today if all goes to plan and many a punter will have their hard earned on this horse,but will it be as easy as some are saying imv i think not. Horse has great form cant get away from it but there are a few that will push this race and will take the win today,odds should be low as punters pile in and depends how low as early races will set the price as punters will be either up or down coming into this race,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June 5.30 Ascot Takaatuf - another progressıve Mark Johnston handıcapper and he ıs only 3 lbs hıgher than when successful at Newmarket ın May. He was beaten off hıs current mark, ın thıs grade at the same track last tıme out, but has only had the sıx starts and could have more to offer for thıs excellent traıner. 0.5 pt EW

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June Interesting looking race where I feel the favourite has very little value, dont get me wrong he is a classy sort is a half sister to Tartan bearer so step up in trip will probably suit but may come undone here therefore I think theres value to be had elsewhere. Flying cloud is of course from a out form yard but comes here on back of a group 3 win in france on soft ground, so ground certainly a concern can she perform aswell on fast ground and step up in trip should suit. 0.5pt e/w Flying Cloud

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June 2:30 Ascot - Monsieur Chevalier - Back How could I not nap him today? Super impressive on all 4 career starts thus far. They tried to break him at Sandown last time, by going break neck speed from the off. He showed his true class, as although slightly caught on heels by the early speed, showed an electric turn off foot to come flying down the outside to win going away. I think he's true class, and one of the most exciting sprinters that we have 1pt win ps, if the American sprinter wins I'll scream!!

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June

RADIOHEAD 2.30 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Improved form to win last time and I think the application of a tobgue tie this afternoon can bring further improvement. I see it as a positive move, more than a negative one, and so with the trip and ground not a concern and already looking a decent animal, I think he can run the two main protagonists close today at decent odds.
:ok Good work.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 18th June 17:20 Warwick Wavertree Warrior is my pick. Very low weight but not exactly terrible at this distance. Mainly done well on the all-weather but has shown glimpses of ability before on the turf. Definitely could do well if it gets his act together, a lot to do but exactly impossible. 0.5pt EW