Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09

3.05 Scenic Blast (5f, Grp1, G/F) Foreign trainers have taken control of this race in recent years & aussie sprinter Secnic Blast has taken same route that previous winner Takeover target took before winning this race. Has to overcome outside draw but should be ok as they wont split across the track.

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 3:45 Royal Ascot - Mastercraftsman - Back I simply cannot get away from Mastercraftsman. I napped him in the Irish 2000 Guineas, where he duly hacked up. I thought he ran a good race in the English guineas, at a time in the season where virtually all of O'Brien's horses looked like they needed their first runs, and their best was being saved for later in the season, ie now. He then absolutely routed the field at the Curragh and re-opposes a few from that race today. I know it was Heavy that day, but he did it with such class thatI think he would have beaten them on any ground that day. It takes a classy animal to beat class types in those conditions. And whilst many of the O'Brien horses were sent to Epsom for the Derby, it was always crystal clear that the St James' Palace Stakes was the target for Mastercraftsman. The price has absolutely crumbled in the last few days, and that suggest he's going to take the world of beating today 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 There are many roads to the poor house and one of the best trodden is perhaps following horses unlucky in running!! Still there is no fool like an old fool so I WILL plunge in. I think the horse would have finished very very much closer in the Guineas but for the interference and would be a very much shorter price if it had. The venerable Stoute is not known for pursuing hopeless causes and the fsct he is taking on Mastercraftsman is a tip in itself. 5pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 :welcome to PL Ken. Nice post by the way! However it helps to name the horse in your post that you fancy. Although insightful your post misleads because on the one hand you're stating you will plunge in on the previous posters fancy and then your post states about another trainers horse going against it which is a tip in itself? :unsure

There are many roads to the poor house and one of the best trodden is perhaps following horses unlucky in running!! Still there is no fool like an old fool so I WILL plunge in. I think the horse would have finished very very much closer in the Guineas but for the interference and would be a very much shorter price if it had. The venerable Stoute is not known for pursuing hopeless causes and the fsct he is taking on Mastercraftsman is a tip in itself. 5pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 Ascot 3.05pm 1pt lay Scenic Blast Horse has been given positive write ups and has a nice tip total to win today but the field is very good in this race imv and one will find a bit more today and take the win,odds are just nice for a lay today,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 GALIENT 4.55 Ascot. 0.5 points each way. Nicky Henderson does well with the runners he has on the flat, and I think this fella likes the flat more than hurdling. Gets in off a mark of 87 and with the fast ground looking suitable for him, and the fact that they'll probably go off fast enough in the race itself, it will probably be won by a dour stayer. I think he can stay further than this trip today and so all in all would look the each way bet today.

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 Asc 2.30 Alexandros 1pt win for purposes of thread. Much of this race depends on the form of Gladiatorus who if replicating his last race should win this easy but there has to be a question as to quite how easy that will be. A new trainer now, new atmosphere and generally I don’t get great vibes, if the vibes were that good would Alexandros be even in this race? However one thing he should do is make this a right test and that could ask a question or two trip wise for the likes of Paco Boy, Main Aim, Arabian Gleam (probably not good enough anyway) and even Aqlaam. Cesare is 8 now but goes well fresh and at this course but an e.w option I like is Alexandros who I believe is an improved horse this year. Right at the back end last year he started to get a bit of form going and he translated and indeed improved on that in and Dubai and crucially out of it as well (unlike others.) He also showed a quicker surface was no problem out there. On his group 1 run behind the fav he has it to find when he finished well into third but as I say I’m not sure if the fav repeats thats effort in truth. Encouragingly he ran a cracker in the locking with some of these when an unlucky narrow loser. He seems a solid enough option for a place at least and could even win.

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 715 Newton Abbot : Kaladan Poor race this one with doubts about all of the ones with hurdle form. Galilean from the Pipe yard has the best form in the book from an Irish maiden and on his debut here was pitched into a very hot handicap and finsihed well down the field. If he's fit and back to his best he has every chance. AP rides the other Pipe runner, only bacause its JP's so no clue there. The obvious one of interest is the Tim Vaughan debutant Kaladan, won a bumper which the form has been franked and only needs to be average to take a leading role here. Of the rags Psychological could run well at a massive price.

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09

There are many roads to the poor house and one of the best trodden is perhaps following horses unlucky in running!! Still there is no fool like an old fool so I WILL plunge in. I think the horse would have finished very very much closer in the Guineas but for the interference and would be a very much shorter price if it had. The venerable Stoute is not known for pursuing hopeless causes and the fsct he is taking on Mastercraftsman is a tip in itself. 5pt win
Obviously wrong thread and will be ignored for BBOTD purposes

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 2.30 Ascot - MAIN AIM (1pt Win) I am avoiding Godolphin at all costs and cannot have Gladiatorus. If their other imports are anything to go by this horse will have went backwards and therefore 9/4 is no value. The fact Stoute has supplemented Main Aim for this is a huge pointer in my opinion. I really don't think he will have a problem getting this trip and he has been impressive in his two starts to date this season. Obviously this is a step up in class but Stoutey knows the time of day when it comes to decisions like this and Main Aim is the one for me at 9/2.

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 4-55 ascot baddam-e/way won this race 3yrs ago so we know he stays the trip unlike a lot of these who have to prove they do,and as run well in a group 3 here in april and as won over hurdles in the meantime so with everything in his favour worth an e/way chance

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 2.30 Ascot Ok so godolphin not on fire but no when to have their horses ready ie royal ascot. Favourite is gonna take all the beating when looking at the form but I am gonna side with there other runner here for some place money just hope price doesnt colapse to much more! Alexondrous has beaten paco boy, dream eater and aqlaam. For in dubai is of the solid sort looking at it and any softness in the ground would be on the plus. Detori rides not over confident on that dont rate him these days but does know the horse. Can see a godolphin 1-2 here!!! 0.5pt e/w Alexandros

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 3.45 Ascot - Delegator MasterCrafstman shows absolutely no value here so I'm gonna with Delegator. Finally, Spencer has been kicked off the horse and is going to be replaced by Jimmy Fortune who's been on the saddle before and both times gave it good rides. The trip should be good enough for Delegator to handle and we may see revenge against the heavy favourites 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 3.05 Ascot Amour Propre 1pt win A very classy colt who is in the form of his life at the moment, He won the Palace House Stakes in a very fast time LTO and in very good style too, he sustained the pace all the way to the line, only easing off at the finish. The stats for this race indicate that no favourite has won in ten runnings of this race and he is currently flip flopping for favouritism with Scenic Blast!

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 Lady Rangali 4.00 Thirsk I fancied this last time out in a Pontefract listed race and it finished well to grab 3rd place and was only 3 lengths behind a horse rated 15lb superior. Was held up at Ponty that doesn't really suit and had to come wide to mount a challenge. Every chance back at this level and nice price at 11-4, won a good Ascot race at class 2 previously and really fancy this today. Has won twice on the ground, yet to win over 1m but chance to correct that today.

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 Newton Abbot, 18.45 Bubbs 1 pt W Big selling HcapH with a lot of horses, who are far away from their best form or are limited. Bubbs will make his first run during the season and if he is ok with form he has very nice chanses to get the win here. The horse loves good ground and with CD win here two years ago is a possible threat. Lasy year was huge disapointment, but now maybe the things will turn in nice direction. RJ Green on board, who started very well the season with some huge winning shots. He had rode 3-4 from the field of the race, but selected Bubbs, maybe he has a reason to do so :) GL

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 Ascot 4.20 - Canford Cliffs - win Looked tremendously impressive when winning on debut in a decent looking maiden Lot of unknown quanties in the race, once or twice raced types, but anything that beats this fellow will have to be something special. Hannon hasn't got a great record in the Coventry, which is a bit surprising given his overall record with 2YO, but he's aleady had a winner in the first.........

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09

Yar.7-00. Victorian Art, improved form when only beaten a head at Bath on Saturday, There will be others with chances, Ignatieff and I'malwaysright both have some form in a race, that won't take much winning.
I also fancy this one, has been backed in from 9/4 to 5/4 maybe even more. Did come very close at Bath over the weekend and I think it should go one better here. Eddie Ahern has been on some good form this season. Magnusson only has this hore out tonight which is another positive for me.

Re: Best bet of the day Tues 16/06/09 21:15 Market Rasen Iron Steve looked OK LTO and is from the Twiston-Davies yard, who think he's one to keep an eye on. Unseated his rider last time and that seems a pretty unlikely event to happen again. Paddy Brennan on board which is a good sign and I think this could go close today. Not much competition apart from Valbuena. 0.5pt EW