Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09

2.40 HAYDOCK APPLE CHARLOTTE (1m 2f, Class 1, G/F) Henry Cecil is simply having a great season to date & will look forward to a number of decent horses winning some nice prizes this year especially horses like Midday who came so close to winning the Oaks. At Newbury, in the days big race, he saddles Apple Charlotte unbeaten in 3 races so far. Won a maiden with 17 runners on debut at Newmarket on only 2yo start. Then came out in April to win 1st time up winning easily off a mark of 78 in a conditions race. Stepped up last time out to win here at Newbury over this trip in listed company again winning fairly comfortably. Goup class horse in a listed race should go very close. Could have ran in the Oaks but sidestepped for this race.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 630 Fontwell : Risk Two novice races to choose from and plumped for the Fontwell race as I think the step up in trip and Paddy Brennan back on board will see the best out of Risk. Dead unlucky at Stratford when falling and then was held up just off the pace last time which didnt seem to suit him being a normal front runner. Hopefully he will go off in front tonight and dictate his own pace, should stay the trip as well as any and if Brennan gets a good rhythm he will be hard to catch. 7/2 at the time of posting.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 Nott 3.00 Everynight 1 pt win Tricky race and certainly johnston’s horse and also the new horse to fahey are ones to consider but everynight could be well handicapped still off 81. The main evidence for that is in its maiden win. Won over 10f that day although looked one who wouldn’t want to go further and not that surprising given its close relation to a sprinter and hence today’s disatcne should still be ok. It won a race at donc that day beating above average who went onto win a group 3 classic trial with the third well regarded if not disappointing since and the fourth coming out and winning afterwards. This one has run twice afterwards, once a bit flat at hq when maybe finding the ground too quick and then in a listed race where he was eventually outclassed but at the same time only 5 lengths off some pattern quality horses who are improving all the time. 81 could be a fair mark I feel and he could go close.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 2.30 Nottingham Ovthenight is well handicapped on the pick of his form, having won off 66 in 0-70 (class 5) company at Leicester last year as today he runs off a mark of 65 in the same grade. He confirmed his well being when third at Newmarket last time out as he only went down by two and a quarter lengths off his present mark, and I fancy him to go close here. He has placed form with a bit of cut in the ground and has the stamina to see out 1m 6f. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 Fontwell 8.30pm 1pt lay Creagh Bay Horse has won a Irish point to point but nothing since and today is very short for what is not a great race but at least 3 will give this a race and the lay will not win today. Market support is on today but i view the form poor and with a low odds range is value,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 16:45 Nottingham Atacama Sunrise looked promising in April but has recently faded a little bit, perhaps because it having to race 1m instead of 1m2f as it is today. Virtually no weight on it's back with the claiming jockey getting 7lb off. If it can get some of it's form back from earlier this year then it may challenge for a place today. At odds of 28/1 it's a decent, if not optimistic bet. 0.5pt EW

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09

2.40 HAYDOCK APPLE CHARLOTTE (1m 2f' date= Class 1, G/F) Henry Cecil is simply having a great season to date & will look forward to a number of decent horses winning some nice prizes this year especially horses like Midday who came so close to winning the Oaks. At Newbury, in the days big race, he saddles Apple Charlotte unbeaten in 3 races so far. Won a maiden with 17 runners on debut at Newmarket on only 2yo start. Then came out in April to win 1st time up winning easily off a mark of 78 in a conditions race. Stepped up last time out to win here at Newbury over this trip in listed company again winning fairly comfortably. Goup class horse in a listed race should go very close. Could have ran in the Oaks but sidestepped for this race.
just realised i wrote Haydock, of course its Newbury!!!!

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 4.35 Yarmouth - LAY Style Icon Still lightly raced but yet to get off the mark. Some passable attempts at 5f and 7f but nothing spectacular. He faces a hard task today versus some proven performers on this distance and going. Needs to improve significantly to be in the frame. LAY Style Icon (5.9 @ Betfair)

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 REQUISITE 4.35 Yarmouth. 0.5 points each way. Has the back-form to go close in context with this race, and although recent form leaves a lot to be desired, it has been in better races than this. Returns to the grass this evening, which he handles and they also put the visor on him which could improve him a few pounds. It will certainly help him concentrate a bit more and if this is the case then improving a few pounds isn't out of the questions. The trip's fine and George Baker looks a decent booking for this type, so off a mark of 69 today, he would be a play for me.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 5.25 Newbury - Ghufa (win) Kept busy on the AW in the early part of the year when showing a steady consistency. Picked up just the 1 win, off a mark of 60, at Southwell, but ran with credit in races up to 11f. Below par both times over 12f this year and that, as his pedigree would suggest, can safely be written off as too far of a trip. Given a break, back down to 10f, back on turf off a 3lb lower mark, and with a top amateur in Simon Walker (with 2 wins from 2 on the flat in the last fortnight) in the plate, can take this race this afternoon.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 Uttoxeter 8.40 Gallant Hero 1 pt W Loves the distance and the going. The horse will be some weight down thanks to Donal Fahy 3 lbs claim. The field isn' something special and is very close with the qualities. I think the weight will be huge factor here. Also like another outsider Grave doubts, but prefer Gallant Hero. The last win came after some disapointed runnings year agon on March and April. Now its exactly the same situation. GL

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 7-10 uttoxeter-wun-chai- going to give this horse a chance today better known as a hurdler,last run in a chase was 4yrs ago,but he as improved over the yrs and in the hope that he can translate hurdle form in to chases he will do for me like he did 2 months ago where he helped me win bbotd comp[prob come home stone last the luck im having lately]

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 Leopardstown 7.35 - San Sicharia - win This horse won a group 3 over 7 furlongs a couple of runs ago, then ran well over 6 furlongs last week to be 2nd to Lesson In Humility in Ireland Back to 7F today and on decent ground, must have a good chance. There's a few in the field who all look of similar ability - old Duff is always a danger in these kind of races, Dohasa has a bit of a good reputation but tends to run well in defeat since stepped up to pattern company. The 'Post' is tipping Lord Admiral, but he's 8 years old now and hasn't won for a while. San Sicharia has a little to find with these horses on ratings, but looks progressive and is in form.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 6.30 Fontwell Ashmolian E/W Came 3rd as a 100/1 shout 3 runs ago and has built on that coming 2nd and 4th in grade 4 races. This jockey has been on board as this horse has progressed so she'll know how he rides. Best performance this year has came on the quicker ground so the good to firm rating should be a benefit.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 fontwell 7.30 Is it gonna be postmasters day?? Not giving up my faith in this horse just keeps fnding one 2 good but shows real potential over fences and was impressive over hurdles seems to be little else in the field showing as much potential as postmaster! 2pt win postmaster (super nap)

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09

6.30 Fontwell Ashmolian E/W Came 3rd as a 100/1 shout 3 runs ago and has built on that coming 2nd and 4th in grade 4 races. This jockey has been on board as this horse has progressed so she'll know how he rides. Best performance this year has came on the quicker ground so the good to firm rating should be a benefit.
Ran a complete shocker

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 OMME ANTIQUE 7.10 Uttoxeter. 1 point win. Not the most fluent of jumpers, but gradually getting better and better over fences, and will surely have had his confidence boosted of completing last time. His hurdling form gives him win chances in context with this race, and if he can find near to that form off a mark of 90 tonight, then he should take all the beaten.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 smoke and mirrors 730 font. 1 pt win. hurdling form isnt that bad and although needs to find a bit for the switch to chasing, i think he will. the trip and ground isnt a concern and although the main principles both have favourites chances, i just think s and m can get the race run at a pace that really suits and then if he jumps well enough, he should be involved in the finish.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 8.00 Fontwell Lilac Wine 0.5pts E/W She has yet to win a race, so only has place prospects at best today, she's shown some form at Fontwell being 3rd,4th,2nd,5th and PU in her five races to date. The jockey, R. Thornton, seems to be consistent at this course, having 8 wins and 7 placed from his last 20 rides here. The trainer has had 9 placed from last 20 runners here.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 U8.40 Festive Chimes 0.5pt E/W 14 runners go to post in this race but in truth there's probably only half a dozen or so that are in with a shout. Candle heads the market and could be anything but at the prices I'll take Festive Chimes at around the 8/1 mark. Andrew Thornton seems to be the jockey that gets on best with the horse (there's a phrase you don't hear everyday ;)). There's also a suspicion that this slightly easier ground will suit and the horse has been slipping down the weights to a decent mark. Should run its race and therefore every chance of getting in the first 3.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 11/06/09 9.00 Fontwell Oscar's Emerald 0.5pts E/W Coupld at nice prices interest me here, I expect It's my Day to put up a better show than last time against likely fave Tutor on this left handed track but for me the Irish Raider Oscar's Emerald could be handicapped to run a big race back over hurdles. Ran shocker on first attempt over fences LTO but if able to run up to the form shown at Sedgefield in better company than this in March then wouldn't be far away from 1lb lower. Stable form looks solid with a first and second from last 3 runners in last couple of weeks.