Newbury Thurs 11th June

Re: Newbury Thurs 11th June 2.40 APPLE CHARLOTTE (1m 2f, Class 1, G/F) Henry Cecil is simply having a great season to date & will look forward to a number of decent horses winning some nice prizes this year especially horses like Midday who came so close to winning the Oaks. At Newbury, in the days big race, he saddles Apple Charlotte unbeaten in 3 races so far. Won a maiden with 17 runners on debut at Newmarket on only 2yo start. Then came out in April to win 1st time up winning easily off a mark of 78 in a conditions race. Stepped up last time out to win here at Newbury over this trip in listed company again winning fairly comfortably. Goup class horse in a listed race should go very close. Could have ran in the Oaks but sidestepped for this race.

Re: Newbury Thurs 11th June 2.10 Implication 4/1 tote 10 pts Comments I made before this one’s last run, ‘Still a maiden going into this handicap off 73 but on more than one occasion has shown that she has ability and with a decent draw and the champ jockey on board, this might be a fair opportunity for her. She was second behind the 81 rated full of love in a maiden and slightly luckless that day as well before an average effort next time. However lto she performed better and also showed that she could go well on the a.w with a narrow defeat to a gambled horse with the third also slightly unlucky that day and looking one that could go in at some time. She is up 5 pounds today but that could still underestimate her and she may get her head in front soon.’ Lto on the a.w she came second again but looked to bump into a really nice one who actually runs later today, she was a long way ahead of the rest of her rivals that day and as a result is well in for today’s handicap and this could be the day she gets her head in front.

Re: Newbury Thurs 11th June 2.40 - Charity Belle - EW Agree with Bowles that Apple Charlotte looks like a good thing but Charity Belle, currently 11/1, looks an EW alternative for your small stakes accies...........:lol Once raced Gosden filly, spreadeagled the field on her maiden win. I suppose if truth be told, I'm mainly going by the trainers reputation and name rather than anything else. She was given a rating of 84 after that maiden win and would think he might put her in a class 2 or 3 handicap but he's taken her straight to Listed company Poor old Snoqualmie Girl out at 33/1...........she was probably the best of these as a two year old, won a Listed race at salisbury, and her trainer is perhaps coming out of a lean spell with a winner yesterday. But her 2 runs this season have been dire - it'd take a leap of faith to back her even at 33/1...........but there's always that feeling that if she came back to her best from last year, she'd be a contender.

Re: Newbury Thurs 11th June

2.40 APPLE CHARLOTTE (1m 2f, Class 1, G/F) Henry Cecil is simply having a great season to date & will look forward to a number of decent horses winning some nice prizes this year especially horses like Midday who came so close to winning the Oaks. At Newbury, in the days big race, he saddles Apple Charlotte unbeaten in 3 races so far. Won a maiden with 17 runners on debut at Newmarket on only 2yo start. Then came out in April to win 1st time up winning easily off a mark of 78 in a conditions race. Stepped up last time out to win here at Newbury over this trip in listed company again winning fairly comfortably. Goup class horse in a listed race should go very close. Could have ran in the Oaks but sidestepped for this race.
only beaten a short head behind Splashdown for Cumani/Moore feeling i had was that Queally didnt get enough out of the horse for me, perhaps i am talking through my pocket but why didnt he take the race on 2f out & see if Splashdown was good enough, it appeared to happen the other way round & although Queally was close at the death, Moore had this in the bag.