Epsom fri 5th June

Re: Epsom fri 5th June WHAT A RACE :clap:clap:clap Strange from Youmzain, tried to dog it IMO but then ran on willingly at the finish. I actually thought he had got up. Brilliant run from the filly Look Here - the best performance there IMO considering the absence and the fact she is a filly. As for Bucellati, I am sorry - there is no way he would have won. Buick made a rare error, but he hung all the way up the straight and was beaten 10+ lengths - there is no way he would have even be placed. The class horses filled the first 4 places, and I think the top 3 were the correct top 3. No hard luck stories.

Re: Epsom fri 5th June 3.25 I think Manshoor is better than a 16/1 shot. He has been in good form on the all-weather, including at Lingfield, which may point to him acting here. Although he was beaten by Art Man last time out he wasnt disgraced in fourth and had the better of the Moore horses a few runs ago. He's quite lightly raced after just three starts on the flat, and 16/1 just seems too big IMO.

Re: Epsom fri 5th June

3.25 I think Manshoor is better than a 16/1 shot. He has been in good form on the all-weather, including at Lingfield, which may point to him acting here. Although he was beaten by Art Man last time out he wasnt disgraced in fourth and had the better of the Moore horses a few runs ago. He's quite lightly raced after just three starts on the flat, and 16/1 just seems too big IMO.
They're late going off here. Not 11/2 TBP Bet 365, had a bit of that :hope

Oaks Looking at the last 10 runnings for some pointers, all 10 had won at least 1 race with the minimum being a mile victory. All 10 had no more than 3 runs in current season with 9 having 1 or 2 (no debuts). 7 LTO winners is quite significant with most of those being in the trial races at Newmarket, Chester, Lingfield & Goodwood. 3 winners had only had 2 runs with 8 of the 10 having between 2-5 runs. High Heeled was well beaten by Sariska at York & Barry Hills doesnt have a record in this race so not looking at that one, Cecil has won this 3 times in the last 10 years & won the Lingfield Oaks trial (1 of last 10 won that trial, last years winner was 2nd), has jhad 6 career runs. My Goodness me has alreayd had 8 runs & needs softer ground. Perfect truth has had 8 runs but did win the Cheshire oaks (2007 winner came from that trial). Phillipina is still a maiden & is discounted.. 2 of the last 10 winners came out of the 1000 Guineas (6th & 1st), Rainbow View was the talking horse all winter after its 2yo exploits but still a doubtful stayer in my book. Sariska has the form, did it well at York in the musidora travelling really well beating Star Ruby by a decent margin. The winner came from that race 3 years ago but this does look the best form today. The miniver rose has had 6 runs & doesnt look good enough on what achieved so far, & same goes for Tottie although at 100/1 will attract plenty of support on ladies day! Clive Brittains horse Wadaat was 2nd in the Italian oaks beaten only a nose. so we know it will stay, but finished well beaten behind Midday at Lingfield so dont know what to make of it. On the facts above its between Sariska & Midday for me with Sariska looking to hold an outstanding chance.
:clap:clap:clap Rob An excellent performance

:clap:clap:clap Rob An excellent performance
cheers Stewart managed to get it right with the 1-2 on the day, Frank made me sweat a bit there but i do wonder what another jock might do with the horse, Frank certainly brought it to the front early as the horse was going so well

cheers Stewart managed to get it right with the 1-2 on the day, Frank made me sweat a bit there but i do wonder what another jock might do with the horse, Frank certainly brought it to the front early as the horse was going so well
I thought he rode it perfectly, got first run on Midday which was key IMO and kept it running straight after the interference - that was the good side of Spencer IMO, and I think the best horse won.

SportHorse Racing
Event2.45 Epsom
SelectionBuccellati (bog) (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date05/06/2009
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 10.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis is a horse I have taken a huge liking to over the past few seasons. He is as genuine as they come and he seems to be getting better with age. I really believe he is upto winning a Group 1' date= especially a race like this were it looks a bit below par in my opinion. Youmzain is obviously the class horse in the race but I can never hit Channons horses spot on, I don't like the guy as a trainer and this horse does need everything to fall right. Buccellati won a farcial Ormonde Stakes last time out and he showed his adaptability making the running that day and sprinting away close home. He is usually held up so that performances shows he can be ridden closer to the front should there be a lack of pace today. The horse he beat that day, Scintillo has since gone onto win a Group race in France and Frozen Fire was well beaten in last and yet is shorter than Buccellati today? Lets face it, the only reason that is the case is because he hails from Ballydoyle. Buccellati easily has the beating of Ask, Duncan and Frozen Fire in the last 9 months and yet he is available at a larger price than all of these horses. I really believe this horse is seriously underrated and his tough as teak attitude and ability to handle sharp courses will stand him in good stead this afternoon. I honestly think he is upto winning this and will be dissapointed should he finish out of the frame.
Fcuking robbed. :wall:wall:wall Maybe people will stand up and start realising this horse is so underrated. I honestly believe he would have won yesterday had he not been forced into the rails. Cost me a fortune. :cry

Re: Epsom fri 5th June Was the same situation with Wadaat when Spencer caused a pile up behind too, a couple of rough races. Bucca is a fantastic horse and can be followed with confidence. If Buick made a mistake he's young enough to excuse and learn for it. Cracking horse, cracking jockey.