** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ripon 02/06/09

Sorry it's a bit early but quite excited about the 3:00 at Ripon 3:00 Ripon Spirit of France is my super NAP for tomorrow in the 3:00 at Ripon. Got some money on at 4/1 now and going to hope it drifts tomorrow. Really confident about this selection but you never know with racing, but yeah definitely my NAP. LTO at Redcar it came a very nice second over this ground and trip. However the most striking thing was the fact it made very nice headway from 3 furlongs out in the race. That was in a class 5 which it is back in tomorrow but the best thing about it is that it has been dropped a huge 5lbs in the handicap!. I'm not sure why to be honest, I would have bet on it even if it hadn't gone down in the handicap. But considering this huge drop in the handicap and the fact that the trainer and jockey are in decent form it is my super NAP. 10pt win Spirit of France (currently 4/1) Also Tinitus for the placings. Seems a decent handicap and is 5lbs lower than the next best rated horse. Been running well lately and will hopefully come in a place with the trainer in form. 1pt E/W

Re: Ripon 02/06/09 15:30 Ripon Excuse Moi looks set to run a big race in this decent class 3 handicap. He loves Ripon winning 2/3 starts their. Won LTO at Beverly very comfortably in a class 2 and is only increased 3lbs for that decent win. Looks a class above the rest of the field and looks good for a double. Currently 3/1 2pt Win Spirit Of Sharjah looks a decent E/W bet as well. Held up quite badly LTO at Beverly over 5f in a class 2. Drops down in class but stays on the same handicap and will hopefully go close. Currently at 8/1 1pt E/W 16:00 Ripon I may be missing something here, but the underdog of the race may run a big race. I noticed its low handicap and it being a whole 9lbs better off than the next weight. I passed it off due to thinking this will be too good a race, however I've had a look at the other horses and actually it's not that competitive a race. So many questions for the other horses in the race. Although it came 8th LTO in a class 5 it showed some promise and only faltered due to its high handicap. It now races in a weak class 4 a massive 8lbs better off than its last run. It has raced in better races than this and showed good signs as a two year old. Seems HUGELY overpriced to me at 25/1. My N/B - 25/1 1pt E/W Another in this race I like is Anthrology. Although in contrast top weight, ability wise it is probably the best horse in the race. As I've already said, this is a poor race for a class 4 and Anthrology seems currently the best handicapped horse in the race for its ability. 14/1 1pt E/W

Re: Ripon 02/06/09 TITINIUS 3.00 Ripon. 0.5 points each way. The fact he drops to a mark of 63 today is the main reason for selecting him, as he does have the form on fast ground to close and the trip's fine. Not too inconsistent either and with running well enough last time, he should run his race. I'm a little concerned about his win to run record (1 win in 45 lifetime starts), but all in all and at a price of around 8/1, I think he's worth a go.

Re: Ripon 02/06/09

TITINIUS 3.00 Ripon. 0.5 points each way. The fact he drops to a mark of 63 today is the main reason for selecting him, as he does have the form on fast ground to close and the trip's fine. Not too inconsistent either and with running well enough last time, he should run his race. I'm a little concerned about his win to run record (1 win in 45 lifetime starts), but all in all and at a price of around 8/1, I think he's worth a go.
Of course, it's a mark of 53, not 63!.

Re: Ripon 02/06/09 VAN BOSSED 3.30 Ripon. 0.5 points each way. Has a liking fo this track and has a liking for the trip and ground too. Has the form to go well and being allowed in off a mark of 94, it all bodes well for a big run. Recent form isn't too inspiring, but has things more in his favour today and so has every chance.

Re: Ripon 02/06/09 15:00 Ripon Can't see the favourite (Joinedupwriting) winning this one. Think it's a bit overrated, but I don't want to dig myself a grave too much. Eijaaz has a good each-way possibility and is my selection. Back to it's distance that it has performed better at today after racing a couple of furlongs further LTO, and struggling. Looking through this field I really can't see that much that stands out. Jamie Kyme is on top form at the moment and perhaps this horse can spring a bit of a surprise. Eijaaz - 0.5pt EW - 16/1 StanJames