Peoples views on weekend racing

What do people generally think of weekend racing? Ive found that most successful systems tend to fall over at the weekend, not sure why but the racing, the forecasts, the classes involved, it all seems to ignore logic over the weekend. Like yesterday in the Newbury 19:50 maiden stakes, the winning horse was 100/1 with the other two placed horses at 33/1. Now thats just not supposed to happen in a non-handicap race, and it would seem that during the week you just wouldnt see that. During weekday racing ive seen around 45% of favourites winning non-handicap racing, with around 80% of them placing. These figures just seem to go out the window over weekends. So, any thoughts from anyone? Do you avoid it? Prefer it? etc etc

Re: Peoples views on weekend racing I avoid it as much as I can on a Saturday just because I end up betting on a lot more races than I should so I tend not to look t every racecard anyway, like yesterday I only had 3 horses on, only had 1 winner out the 3 but was up, whereas if I had bet on say 15 races I may have been down for the day.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.