Best bet of the day - 28/5/09

4.50 Ayr Lenny Bee - has shown plenty of promise in three maiden runs to date. He was slowly into stride on his debut when second to Bajan Tryst, but I rate the winner who I think he will find races off marks of 80+ this season. The Kevin Ryan rival had the run of the race that day but Lenny Bee improved as the race wore on and finished a decent one length second under Paul Mulrennan. He went on to beat Gild Edge Girl in a Kempton handicap next time out and that form received a huge boost when the last named hacked up in a Windsor maiden two weeks ago, scoring by over three lengths off a rating of 76, and together those two pieces of form suggest Lenny Bee is well handicapped off a mark of 79 here. He broke slowly when second at Kempton last time out, but ran on well under the circumstances and despite an extra 3 lbs from the handicapper, he appears to have more to offer. 1 pt win

Re: Best bet of the day - 28/5/09 3.40 Yarmouth - ESPIRITU (win) Sir Michael Stoute's runner in this race, rather than have me worried, makes me grateful for the % of the market it will take up purely for the fact of his trainer. Espiritu stands out on known form, particularly his last run of last season at Doncaster when finishing within a couple of lengths of Kite Wood and Monitor Closely and comfortably ahead of the likes of Golden Sword, Likely Fling and Ouster.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.