Golf: European Open & Crowne Plaza Invitational

Good weekend at wenthworth. Shane Lowry the amateur that won the Irish Open two weeks ago is making his debue as a pro this week is worth a small punt at 125 to 1. He had a handicap of +5 as an amatuer which is pretty incredable if you ask me, that was one behind rory mcIlroy which was a world record at the time!!! So Lowry is able to play!! so it will be interesting to see how he fares out. Also fancy Quiros this week at 40 to 1, he's a big hitter and in good form goin into this weeks tournament I'll also have a wager on Justin leonard in the pga think he's about 28 to 1 but don't quote me on that price. Selections for the weekend European tour 0.5pt Shane Lowry 125 to 1 e/w :clap 1pt quiros 40 to 1 e/w :clap pga tour 1pt leonard 28 to 1 e/w :clap

Pga Golf European Open. This week sees ROSS FISHER defend his title as EUROPEAN OPEN CHAMPION, comming here in top form with a good second to PAUL CASEY at last weeks PGA at Wentworth, he must go close in this kind of form and i will be suprised if we dont see his name near the top of the leaderboard, but come sunday evening i will be more than happy if the young man who i tipped up 4 weeks ago to win in italy at least makes the top ten. He did'nt get passed the entry forms in italy...and its been the same for the past 3 weeks, but now the re- rank has come out, DANNY WILLETT is now ranked 4, so will be playing in a lot more events, i dont expect him to win straight away, but thats only down to lack of competition, he needs to play regular and get involved with a few fights down the stretch, to get his game spot on. Dont forget, he was WORLD AMATEUR CHAMPION not so long ago and i think he surely has a fantastic future ahead of him, many good judges in the game fully expect him to make the RYDER CUP team, i think thats a big ask, but what lays around the corner in golf can be totally suprising, just look at SHANE LOWERY, who by the way, plays his first pro- event this week, so all i can do is wish DANNY all the best, iv'e taken the 150/1, and 100/1 on offer with all bookies and will go on each week doing the same until he connects, which for my family's sake i hope and pray wont be to far down the road....be lucky....regards.;) P.S Just took the 13/8 for WILLETT to win his opening 3 ball against MAYBIN and BROADHURST, and took the 11/1 with SPORTING BET, for WILLETT to finish in top ten, (TIES PAID IN FULL)....fingers crossed. regards..

Re: Pga Golf European Open. Interesting points regarding both Ross Fisher and Danny Willett.Dont know a great deal about the latter, but for me the former is too short at 14/1 to raise the trophy on Sunday.While my wallet will be feeling the burden at Plough Lane on Saturday evening, I might feel the burden of the 'Willett' this week by having a cheeky wager at 125/1 with Sporting Bet based on your immense confidence. However this will only be a small wager, as I feel there is value aplenty to be had further down the market. Soren Hansen has to be backed at 50/1, having a great record in Nichlaus designed courses in recent years. Granted his form has been patchy, but his tee to green play at Wentworth was decent and can excel in this field.As for an outsider, David Dixon has performed at a consistent level this year, and is overpriced at 300/1 with totes - or 500/1 with betfair to perform here.There is also value for top 5 and top 10 finishes. 2 pts e-w Soren Hanson 50/1 General 0.5 pts e-w Danny Willett 125/1 Sportingbet 1pt win/place/top ten David Dixon 500/1 , 55/1, 25/1 Betfair

Re: Golf: European Open & Crowne Plaza Invitational Im getting stuck into the golf this week and having a decent crack at both tournaments. I've got some antepost football cash to spend and also my each way greyhound derby money to reinvest, here goes. European Open (1pt e/w per selection) Alvaro Quiros @ 40/1 Ben Curtis @ 45/1 Oliver Wilson @ 50/1 Thomas Aiken @ 50/1 Colonial Invitational (1pt e/w per selection) Geoff Ogilvy @ 22/1 Tim Clark @ 33/1 Kevin Na @ 60/1 Hunter Mahan @ 70/1 Now had so much as a place since Phil did the business for me at Doral. Gotta play the long game with golf, can go six months without a bean then string 2 or 3 together on the bounce, hopefully this can be the start of a run of form :hope.

Re: Golf: European Open & Crowne Plaza Invitational

Im getting stuck into the golf this week and having a decent crack at both tournaments. I've got some antepost football cash to spend and also my each way greyhound derby money to reinvest, here goes. European Open (1pt e/w per selection) Alvaro Quiros @ 40/1 Ben Curtis @ 45/1 Oliver Wilson @ 50/1 Thomas Aiken @ 50/1 Colonial Invitational (1pt e/w per selection) Geoff Ogilvy @ 22/1 Tim Clark @ 33/1 Kevin Na @ 60/1 Hunter Mahan @ 70/1 Now had so much as a place since Phil did the business for me at Doral. Gotta play the long game with golf, can go six months without a bean then string 2 or 3 together on the bounce, hopefully this can be the start of a run of form :hope.
Any reason why you've backed these mate?

Re: Golf: European Open & Crowne Plaza Invitational

Any reason why you've backed these mate?
Without going into too much detail which would take up too much of my time to write up and also yours to read mate I'll briefly explain how I go about making selections for golf tournaments. Firstly I narrow the field down to those I feel have a realistic chance to win. I then analyse factors such as current form, number of tournaments since last win/place, previous form in this competition (all the better if played on the same course each year), scope for improvement on previous performances and past history of maintaining top form over a run of tournaments. Finally and most importantly I then mark out the players who are priced at a larger price than their overall ability merits. At the end of the day I never compromise my approach to value, doesn't matter if I really like the look of a particular player, if i reckon he should be 20/1 and hes 14/1 I won't touch it. Be prepared to lose regularly in the short term to gain occassionally in the long run is my motto, provided you are also betting at value prices you stand a chance of an overall profit.

Re: Golf: European Open & Crowne Plaza Invitational Only one years course form to go on for the European open, at the London golf club this week which isn't ideal, but remembering the course from last year when Ross fisher romped it, hopefully i can still make a few quid this week. Three picks this week which is what i normally do, but don't always get the time to post them all up with reasoning. Two of these are obviously guys i fancy to go well this week and the other is a certain Rory Mcilroy, who iv'e decided to follow very closely, while i feel i can still get a good price on him. He's going to be No 1 within in the next 5 years imho. Strangely all my picks are with the same bookies(expekt)which is good as they don't price up the tie, which has done me a few times in the past, goosen tieing with els in the masters being the most recent. Anyway here goes. ALL 72 HOLE MATCHBETS R.Mcilroy to bt H.Stenson 1.9 @ expekt The young irishman is a genius and i don't use that word often. If the weather is good he could really tear this course apart this week. If the wind gets up, it doesn't pose a problem. He hits it masive(can be an advantage round here) putts like a demon,and without going into stats the boy is simply on fire. Stenson had the biggest win of his career a few weeks back at sawgrass, but strangely missed the cut last week at wentworth. I would imagine the swede will bounce back from that this week, but round this course, im happy to be on young Mcilroy in this matchup. G. Mcdowell to bt L.Westwood 1.9 @ expekt Basically looking to take westwood on this week, and Mcdowell is a player i really admire. A really solid ball striker, extremely accurate of the tee, great wind player if it does get up,hits it a long way, but most importantly he comes into this in really good form, and with a 3rd place finish here last year i fancy him to beat an out of form westwood this week. M.kaymer to bt R.karlsson evs @ expekt Kaymer the No 24 in the world is another fine young talent who just missed out on the ryder cup last year. He currently sits 21 in the race to dudai standings which is very good considering 15 of the players above him have all played at least two or three more tournaments. 9th, in this seasons stroke average is a more realistic stat on how good Kaymers form is this season, and with a t11 last week i'm more than happy with his form coming into this week. Again he hits it long enough, he's also one of the best putters on tour, and with the undulating greens at the London golf club, that is another big plus. Karlsson on the other hand hasn't shown anything like form that landed him the order of merit last year. His form would probably be best described as steady, and if he's doesn't improve on that, then i fancy Kaymer can take this. Gl with your bets.

Re: Golf: European Open & Crowne Plaza Invitational Mcilroy in the bag already and the other two pretty much in the balance. Westwood scraped in for the w/kend right on the cut line, or we would of guaranteed a profit with two days to go. Anyway just lookin at the leaderboard:loon, its sums up, why i'm not a massive fan of backing outright winners before the off in, CERTAIN golf tournaments and prefer to get involved after 2 rounds, or early during the 3rd. Doubt i will be getting involved, in-running in this tournament.

Re: Golf: European Open & Crowne Plaza Invitational :wall Quiros and Clark finish second after both led during the closing stages. Made an overall profit with the each ways but feel I should have nailed a winner there, especially Clark who was 1/5 on the 72nd tee :@. After the dogs last night though its hard to complain. Early tip for next weeks UK open darts Gary Anderson e/w 12/1 Skybet.