Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09

3.25 Newmarket Bajan Tryst - this unexposed colt has a little to prove after his latest seventh at Kempton but he is much better than he showed that day, after throwing away that race breaking slowly out of the stalls. He was placed in all three of his starts as a two year old in maidens and reportedly filled out well over the summer, so much so the yard's claiming jockey Amy Ryan said in a recent Hambleton newsletter he was the horse she was most looking forward to seeing in action this season. He was well supported ahead of his reappearance and Lingfield and won in smart fashion, showing plenty of toe dropped back in trip, and was allocated an initial rating of 78 for his handicap debut last time out at Kempton. As mentioned above, I think he is better than he showed last time, as his best form has coming racing up with or setting the pace, and after a slow start he raced in the rear last time. He takes a massive leap in class to compete here and is up against a classy field littered with progressive types, but I think he can give account if breaking smarter tomorrow and he has acted on Gd/Frm ground previously.

Re: Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09 1pt lay 2.50pm Donativum This horse has it all,well it seems so if you listen to the press,being off track since late last year concerns me dont get me wrong Godolphin will have him ready and willying but running at home and running in a race are 2 dif things. I really think the horse will need a run out to get it back together it might win but what is a put off for me is that last 3 wins have been tight,not hacked up by sprinting well away and second the RPs verdict says he should win with a bit to spare,i love when they say that,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09 3.25 Proclaim was impressive last time out winning by 2.5L in a class 3 handicap, steps up today to class 2 heritage & is now 9lb higher than last time & 16lb higher than the mark it started the season on! This worries me that the handicapper has stopped the horse. bouvardia is another who has risen steeply with an 11lb rise this season. Yes, horses can improve up to at least 20lb in a season but they are always there for the taking by another potential improver. For me that horse is probably going to be DARK LANE who is up 4lb for its latest win in a class 4 handicap but open to further improvement & is 8lb lower than Bouvardia & 10lb lower than Proclaim. Dark Lane at 6/1 Corals Proclaim is 5's with Hills & a saver would be on that in case.

Re: Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09 Newmarket 2.20 I have liked Palavicini for a while and it seems a decent and consistent sort. It ran a fine 2nd here to Delegator as a 2 yr old and the horse in 3rd Four Winds won well last week. It was 4th at Newbury on gd-sft and had that same horse Four Winds in front of it along with Father Time while Your Old Pal was a neck behind. It took on Your Old Pal last time out back at this course and was only beaten a head but now gets a 5lb pull with that horse. Father Time is the main danger but is relying on a decent pace to settle that it might not be guaranteed in a small field like this. It was not beaten far by the potential Group horse Age Of Aquarius and could be better than listed class. I'm going to go for Palavicini as it's one i've followed that seems genuine and capable of a listed win. Suggested Bet: 10pts WIN Palavicini 12/5 Sporting Bet

Re: Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09 3.25 Bouvardia 11/2 bet3 bog 5 pts e.w Backed this one lto when she relished the return to 6f from 5f on her previous run and she won nicely enough. She looked slightly awkward at one stage but in the end was slightly cosy if anything and that confirms her upward profile. Its tougher now up 6 pounds but she certainly is going the right way and could well defy a rise. Initially she was well thought by her shrewd connections and worth a group 1 entry at 2. She isn’t of that class yet but she is progressing well and could follow up her latest win.

Re: Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09

1pt lay 2.50pm Donativum This horse has it all,well it seems so if you listen to the press,being off track since late last year concerns me dont get me wrong Godolphin will have him ready and willying but running at home and running in a race are 2 dif things. I really think the horse will need a run out to get it back together it might win but what is a put off for me is that last 3 wins have been tight,not hacked up by sprinting well away and second the RPs verdict says he should win with a bit to spare,i love when they say that,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today
actually if the horse was still in the care of JOHN GOSDEN i would rate it as LUMP ON material,its form is there for all to see,the NEWMARKET SALES RACE it won has worked out like a dream,the breeders cup win was no mean feat either!!!!,far superior on form to anything else in the race,with only a 4lb penalty to contend with. but the deciding factor for me to give this race a swerve is,GODOLPHIN,they are the past masters(last 2/3 seasons) of souring horses from other stables!!!. but i wouldnt be laying it at the current 7/4 on betfair either!!,in fact come 2-50 there is a possibility that ALYARF could well be disputing favouritism with DONATIVUM.

Re: Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09 Donativum is a tricky one - on his best form, he would walk this. The drop back to listed class should been that he is banker material, and he could still well win this very easily. However, with Godolphin showing next to no form I have no idea what sort of horse is going to turn up today....

Re: Newmarket - Sat 23/5/09

3.25 Bouvardia 11/2 bet3 bog 5 pts e.w Backed this one lto when she relished the return to 6f from 5f on her previous run and she won nicely enough. She looked slightly awkward at one stage but in the end was slightly cosy if anything and that confirms her upward profile. Its tougher now up 6 pounds but she certainly is going the right way and could well defy a rise. Initially she was well thought by her shrewd connections and worth a group 1 entry at 2. She isn’t of that class yet but she is progressing well and could follow up her latest win.
yeah.....backed her at NOTTS lto,hoping theres gonna be a strong pace on(theres a few frontrunners in the race) which will suit this filly down to the ground,also being by OASIS DREAM out of a ZAFONIC mare,the likely fast ground will be fine. i,m more concerned about the pace of the race(i think its crucial to her),than her new higher mark,if she gets a strongly run race then i dont think you can kick her out of the first 3,so 11/2 e/w with LADCROOKS is the play for me.