** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Can a fish beat the cash games?? From NL20 to NL100

chatoman

Re: Can a fish beat the cash games?? From NL20 to NL100

Very best of luck Chatoman, I look forward to reading your progress. I've given up, for now for sure, trying to make as much money at cash as I do in STTs and MTTs, so hats off for giving it a real go
Well.... after 9 days (i know is such a short term) of really really really really trying to make it work, i think i will give up this challenge for the reason that Pete wrote when i started this thread. If its not broken... why fix it? Im reaching this conclusion because even when im making a small profit playing cash tables, im doing it while spending the time i should be playing MTTs (thats why you didnt saw me last week on the overlays :\) This is the graphic filtered by date (altough it would be the same with no filter at all), and i think i dont have the right poker mindset to play cash games. The second graphic is my final balance where you can see i practically won the same playing and releasing bonus.. so.. imagine the rake :) chatomanvc.jpg closingbalancechatovc.jpg I basically got so worried because when i tried to play MTTs on the weekend, i played them so badly, so damn tight and weak, that i know it was influenced by the hours spent sitting on the cash tables. I only played like 2 or 3 tourneys properly, at the others, as i said, Tight Weak. So, i guess i will try a new approach, i was looking to buy Holdem Manager to play cash tables, but i think that money will make a best investment in a MTT training site like CardRunners or PokerXFactor. Thank you very much guys for the reading and i think i should open a challenge in my poker specialty :tongue2 and leave the cash games to the real sharks. :sad Best Regards

Re: Can a fish beat the cash games?? From NL20 to NL100 Ah well at least you made a reasonable amount between winnings and the bonus! Also you managed to put in more hands then I have in a month and a half in 8 days :rollin I am busy right now (that sounds like a good excuse rather than my inability to play >3 tables). Enjoyed reading the thread but you've got to play what you enjoy and if you think its affecting your MTTs then maybe its time to move on!

Ah well at least you made a reasonable amount between winnings and the bonus! Also you managed to put in more hands then I have in a month and a half in 8 days :rollin I am busy right now (that sounds like a good excuse rather than my inability to play >3 tables). Enjoyed reading the thread but you've got to play what you enjoy and if you think its affecting your MTTs then maybe its time to move on!
Yup Paul.... thats the thing, in order to collect all those hands playing 8 tables i had to spend A LOT of time daily (mostly on the evening and weekends), so there was no way for me playing MTTs because the screen was completely full with the tables. And the other point, about the cash games affecting the MTT game, is a problem i've seen in a lot of players (maybe cause we're not pros and cant manage all that). And.. thanks for the reading Paul :ok

• 2 weeks later...

Thats funny and sooo true. When i get that an AIPF i basically forget the other tables and concentrate and almost PRAY that the badbeat wont come and sometimes i just get sitout on the others losing big opportunities (cash noob i guess)
I know this challenge isn't going anymore but just had to make a point about this. I used to be like this, then I started seriously multi-tabling and tried stacking my tables on top of each other. You need less mouse and eye/head movement so it's easier to play, but I find the best thing is not seeing the beats as they happen, just being happy if I get the money in good. Tilt issues (almost) resloved now. Also it's impossible for villain's to get timing tells on me. I can only act when the table pops up. You just have to get out of the habit of using checkboxes (if you do).