Kranji Tonight

12.50 - Don't think either of the front two in the market represent any value. There were stories of Takeover Target being a bit below par in himself earlier in the week, whilst Rocket Man has an awful draw to overcome. They represent upwards of 67% of the book between them meaning there's value to be had elsewhere. My magic value hunting pin of fortune has landed square upon a horse by the name of Lim's Fighter. In a race where there's a good few never went left-handed before, the course form of Lim's Fighter has persuaded to throw a few SGDs his way. A close 3rd over 7f at this racecourse 2 runs back, he followed that with a solid 2 3/4L 2nd to Rocket Man over this C&D lto, finishing in front of several of today's rivals. Lim's Fighter e/w 66/1 Paddy Power 1.40 - Presvis flies the flag for the UK here, and is a warm order to follow up his impressive win at Shatin lto. He's gone from strength to strength over the last 12 months but is another well fancied horse with a poor draw (12) to overcome. That may not be so much of a handicap given his running style, but a best priced 6/4 does look rather skinny. My each way value shout in this one is the Aussie horse Sarrera. Certainly not on the improve now at the age of 9, but he has the form in the book over this 10f trip to go close. Winner of two 10f Group 1 races in 2008, he atoned for a poor effort over 8f 2 runs back with a good effort chasing Pompeii Ruler (who reopposes tonight) to 1/2L at odds of 40/1 lto. Sarrera e/w 16/1 Ladbrokes

Re: Kranji Tonight 17/05/09 Singapore, Kranji - 1.40 SINGAPORE AIRLINES INTERNATIONAL CUP (GROUP 1) (3YO+) (3yo+) Winner £826,087 - Distance 1M2F Presvis is probably one of my favourite horses at the moment, trained by L. Cumani, this bay gelding by Sakhee has got an exceptional finishing burst of speed. He is usually held up and towards the latter stages of his races, simply let loose. This tactic has earned him five wins from eleven races. 1M2F seems to be his best distance and is best suited by GOOD or faster going. This globetrotter won three on the bounce at Nad Al Sheba before a fast finishing second to Gladiatorus in the Dubai Duty Free, a race that may have been to short for him. He then went on to win the QEII Cup in Hong Kong three weeks ago, again being held up and then coming from near last to first in the last two furlongs. He beat Viva Pataca in that race, a horse held in high regard in Hong Kong!.

Q. Can anyone recall the original name of Viva Pataca, before he became a star in Hong Kong? - clue - Originally trained by Sir Mark Prescott in the UK - Unfortunately no prize for the winner(S). :\

Presvis has got his distance today, the going is described as being GOOD, and with HIS turn of foot I feel he has a good chance of following up today. There are a number of questions though, the likely SP will be around 13/8 (UK bookies), doesn't represent value IMO. Pompeii Ruler could be a real threat having won a Group 1 race in Australia LTO (SP of around 9/1). Even with these questions I still feel he will go close today. Presvis 2pts win Pompeii Ruler 1pt E/W Dutched bet Presvis @ 13/8 79.2% of stake Pompeii Ruler @ 9/1 20.8% of stake

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.