Irish Open Golf.

The Baltray at County Louth is the venue and if the wind blows even the par threes become a challenge, this should be links golf at its finest, with HARRINGTON, MCLLROY, MCGINLEY and MACDOWELL all trying to win their homeland championship, all four can be given strong chances to win it, but with BIG JOHN DALY, JOSE MARIA and MONTY bringing up the OLD guard its wide open...I'm swaying towards ROSS FISHER , who loves links golf and comes here in fine form, but i think it will be so tight that the order of the day could be to wait until saturday night and see the state of play, with so many with chances the odds quoted on the eve of the final round are always generous, and theres nothing worse to see your selection blown away by indifferent weather conditions, yes, sometimes the draw plays a massive part in these type of events, so my advice, pick a couple out, keep your eye on their swing, check the weather fcast and lump on saturday night...check back on saturday night here for my update, regards.... As predicted the opening day has seen a bundle of players within a few shots of each other, so glad i waited, ROSS FISHER looked to be going well, but finished -2, still has a chance, but for me, apart from the obvious EDFORS, MOLLINERI..scores, JOSE MARIA OLAZABEL drove the ball great, chipped in for birdie, missed loads of puts and still finished -1, the course must of been playing easy, a good day today by OLLIE, sees him withoutstanding E.W prospects at a huge price....Just looked at yesterdays scorecards, with a fine tooth combe, decided to take the 66s with boyle sports for RAFAEL CABRERA BELLO, he hasnt dropped a shot yet, has been on form all season and is young enough to trudge round three more gruelling days in any weather conditions.. regards.... Its now sat morning 10.20..Well they have just suspended play, which is only going to favour the leaders..a joke realy, as you can see by the scores, if your man started at -8 or less, he has had no chance whatsoever, because of the dreaded weather, as i advised from the start....best bet here is wait, wait, wait....regards.

Re: Irish Open Golf. 1 pt on Padraig Harrington to win @ 10/1 Really could not pass up these odds for him to win it, he has good form at this course and has a brilliant links record. He will be well up for winning this since its in his hometown. Not really much else to add, just hope he goes and does the job now. 0.5pts each way on Brett Rumford @ 66/1 He won this tournament on this course in 2004 which was the last time this venue was used for the Irish open. This gives him a great chance of being thereabouts and hopefully he will finish in the top 5. Blustery winds are expected throughout the 4 days which will suit the Aussie very much.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.