Steamers and Drifters

pn93nw3f33205t.jpgarticle10815410032ca820.jpg

I am wanting to do a little bit of research into price movements to determine whether the best odds guarantee offered by many bookmakers is really worth the hype. I would say 75 % of my betting is done through Bet 365, Paddypower, Stan James or Hills, simply because they offer BOG, and the other 25 % is mainly on Betfair rather than with another bookmaker. Some mornings I see two prices, for example 4/1 with Bet 365 and 5/1 with a non-bog-bookie, Blue Square for example, and ponder whether to take the shorter prices, just so I have that bit of extra insurance in case it drifts and wins. Other times I adopt the attitude that if it drifts, it is unlikely to win, so I should take the best price available in the morning, even if that means betting with a non-bog firm. So over the next week or so I aim to compare the early morning prices with SP's to determine whether drifters do actually win, and whether I should be transferring all my funds over to Betfair, where you tend to beat all prices the bookies are offering for any runner but have no BOG guarantee. The only races Im interested in are handicaps, as they are the races I mainly play in.....

Re: Steamers and Drifters The early morning prices are those avail between 9-10 am. I've ignored any prices after 10 am as most firms are priced up by then and have had chance to copy the early pricers like Betfred and Bet 365, or form their own opinions. Most of my bets are also struck pre-10 am, so that is another reason for picking this time as a cut off. 3.00 Beverley - best early prices avail Babyshambles - 5/1 SJ Desperate Dan - 8/1 Tote, best bog price 15/2 Hills Pacific Pride - 8/1 Lads, best bog price 6/1 bet 365 Angle of Attack - 9/1 Boylesports Lake Chini - 10/1 Sky best price avil, best bog price 9/1 hills Mambo Spirit - 14/1 Sky, best bog price 12/1 Hills Tangerine Trees - 14/1 bet 365 Royal Composer - 12/1 bet 365 First Swallow - 16/1 bet 365 Hes a Humbug - 50/1 SJ Highland Warrior - 66/1 SJ Monte Cassino - 66/1 SJ

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.