Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009

rio de janeiro 330 utt. 2 pt win s/nap. i think today is the day that connections see the back of this horse. should be able to race to suit himself and is god enough to win this well. i personally think anything above evens is a good bet.
Very well done, see there is always a pot of gold at the end. nice pick fella, how luck can change eh....:ok

Well done for rubbing someone's nose in it. You're 'ard
:unsure Am i missing something here ? I thanked the original poster for his post,reasoning and effort, but decided to bet it rather than lay it:eek are you somewhat suprised ? So i must be thick as I am confused by your above comment.. ps....yes I am ard :ok

:unsure Am i missing something here ? I thanked the original poster for his post,reasoning and effort, but decided to bet it rather than lay it:eek are you somewhat suprised ? So i must be thick as I am confused by your above comment.. ps....yes I am ard :ok
Well done for rubbing someone's nose in it. You're 'ard
mis understanding here guys by the look of it, no need for anymore BTW, he is 'ard:lol feel sorry for Zero though with that one Its all about opinions !

feel sorry for Zero though with that one Its all about opinions !
It's me they were quoting, not Zero. I always try and give a balanced write-up, so readers can make an informed decision. If people read it and decided to back rather than lay, good luck to them. I'm pleased they made a profit. But I think it might have been more appropriate to have expressed their views before the race, rather than after. It's always easy to be clever when the result is in.

It's me they were quoting, not Zero. I always try and give a balanced write-up, so readers can make an informed decision. If people read it and decided to back rather than lay, good luck to them. I'm pleased they made a profit. But I think it might have been more appropriate to have expressed their views before the race, rather than after. It's always easy to be clever when the result is in.
Palaceman who's being clever m8 ? You put forward a well balanced write up which i thanked you for as it made my mind up to actually back the horse and not lay it......no one was been either clever sarcastic or pedantic...alll about opinons m8.....whizznut or whatever you call him had a pop for what reason im at a loss but hey ho....

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Gaz, the point is that in all the tips posted up today you decided to highlight the one bet that went against a fellow member. Its just bad etiquette mate, simple as. I read Palacemans post and i'm not sure how you could have wanted to back it with all the negatives mentioned, hence why people thought you were taking the mick. Obviously something got you excited enough to post unless you actually thought it was a 'back' and not a 'lay' in the first place?

Gaz, the point is that in all the tips posted up today you decided to highlight the one bet that went against a fellow member. Its just bad etiquette mate, simple as. I read Palacemans post and i'm not sure how you could have wanted to back it with all the negatives mentioned, hence why people thought you were taking the mick. Obviously something got you excited enough to post unless you actually thought it was a 'back' and not a 'lay' in the first place?
Billy Where at any point within my posts was i taking the mick :unsure and i think i know the difference between a "back" & a "lay" ffs:lol this could rumble on so i,m done discussing it....OP was thanked took offence along with whizznut.Apologies Palaceman if you think i woz taking the piss but far from it.........looking thru the previous threads some seem to take offence if they offer a lay and some decide to back it !! the cheek of it eh......:eyes.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Big Gaz i think people got pissed off cause in the manner that you posted your post ,now i would say fair doos if you posted the horse to win the race in the Uttoxeter thread but you did not so it comes across as a bit crass and just smells a bit like aftertimming,dont get me wrong i really dont give a toss what you do or say in life but to highlight a bet that a person takes time to put up as a loser and take for yourself as a winner just stinks of sh it,but your happy and thats what counts :ok. PS please dont reply as it is very anal to argue over the net and i really cant be bothered:ok

Big Gaz i think people got pissed off cause in the manner that you posted your post ,now i would say fair doos if you posted the horse to win the race in the Uttoxeter thread but you did not so it comes across as a bit crass and just smells a bit like aftertimming,dont get me wrong i really dont give a toss what you do or say in life but to highlight a bet that a person takes time to put up as a loser and take for yourself as a winner just stinks of sh it,but your happy and thats what counts :ok. PS please dont reply as it is very anal to argue over the net and i really cant be bothered:ok
Thats your best post yet :ok suggest we leave it at that eh;)

Re: Best Bet Of The Day Sun 10/05/2009 Whole thing has bloody dragged on when it shouldn't have IMHO. The guys that put up the lays do a great job don't no what Big Gaz was thinking about with is original post on Palaceman's selection totally out of order the way I interpreted it and then lack of respect for posters who defended the layers. Really shocked big fella but thats just MY opinion.

Any bookmakers here' date=' What are the odds on who has the last word in this thread?[/quote'] Should really be me, as it was my post under discussion. I've stayed pretty quiet on the subject and wasn't going to make further comment. But as the debate has continued with or without me, I'll just try and clarify my views. I don't object to someone deciding to back a horse I have advocated laying. I always try in my posts to put the reasons why my selection might be wrong precisely so that anyone reading my comments have information to weigh up and if they wish, to disagree with me. However, what slightly disappointed me about Gaz's post was not that he chose to back it (his choice, he's perfectly entitled to make) but that he didn't post until after the race. It's easy to say "lets be honest there was fuckall better really in the race" when you already know the result. If the horse had lost (as it might well have done if the second hadn't nearly fallen when challenging at the last) would he still have come on here and thanked me for the write up? I suspect not. I think it really should be a convention on this thread that if you haven't commented before a race, then you don't comment after it. I, personally, would have had no problem with Gaz saying "told you so!" if he'd put up his views in advance. It was the rather "Johny come lately" comments when the result was already in, along with the :rollinthat accompanied them that, I believe, tended to cause some annoyance.