Points per season?

Hi all, been working and developing a system for a few weeks now and its nearing completion. Would just like to gauge a few thoughts on what you think is a good return points wise (profit divided by amount of level stake) for a league over the course of a season? I have tested my strategies over many leagues, and as far back as 2001 - I seem to average around 700 points profit a season (based on a level stake of 100 points). This is the equvilent of backing a 7/1 shot for each division (of course some divisions are higher and some lower). It just seems a little low for a 30-40 games season. Anyone want to share their realistic forecasts or expectations from their or any other systems?

Re: Points per season? As a rule of thumb any Return on Investment % (ROI) in double figures is a good return. ROI is easily calculated as ........ Profit / Total amount staked. So in your example of 30 bets in a season gives ....... 700 / 3000 = 2.33% ROI. You also have to factor in betfair commission (assuming you use them).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.