Chester Fri 8/5/09

3.15 Chester City Dancer was a bit of an unknown quantity prior to her last run as she had just the three runs to her name from over in Ireland. She had finished second to Pasar Silbano (a listed level winner, rated 99 last time out) at the Curragh, which hinted she may be useful, and she confirmed just that with an excellent run at Mussleburgh in a conditions race when last seen. She showed plenty of toe and there was no shame in her third placed finish behind Spin Cycle and Cheveton, two horses that that will prove reliable yardsticks in weighing up her mark, with both rated in triple figures. Spin Cycle was probably most closely matched with Hamish McGonagall that day, and again, he is a horse able to run to marks around 100, so City Dancer's rating of 95 here looks appealing, especially since Slade O'Hara takes off 5 lbs. 5/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt EW

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 I tipped this horse today ''thurs'' at chester in the 4-35, it was stone last but never got any kind of run at the 1f pole, call me daft but am tipping it again today at chester in the 3-15, if its ok with BH ill make it my ''BANKER'' bet 2pt win, if they dont run it then so be it thats racing. My Quote from ''THURS'' Chester-4-35 Parisian Pyramid the Nicholls father and son combo and sole runner on todays card, both are in form and can never be ruled out of any 5/6/7f charge, last out a few weeks ago at Ripon and fell out the stalls but the futher they went the better he ran and that race should have got rid of some rust, does have a bad draw but with a sole runner ill take a chance on a combo that know how to win these types of races. CHESTER 3-15 PARISIAN PYRAMID 2pt ''BANKER'' win if poss.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 4.35 Empowered looks an impressive sort with an impressive win at doncaster week ago on good ground an runs under no penalty and no rise in handicap tonight, murtagh good strong booking 1pt win empowered

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 just posted in the Windsor thread about front runners doing well today, this was especially true at Chester on Thursday over all distances.... Sporting Life comments from Chester RE race positon....

1.45 (10f): chased leader, led well over 2f out, ridden to assert over 1f out, just held on

2.15 (10f): soon tracking leaders, forced wide on bend well over 7f out, went 2nd and edged left from over 1f out, led entering final furlong

2.45 (12f): made all, pushed along over 3f out, ridden about 4 lengths clear 2f out, driven out

3.15 (8f): held up towards rear, headway on outside well over 1f out, soon hung left, led inside final furlong, ran on opened

4.00 (5f): tracked leaders, ridden to lead inside final furlong, ran on well

4.35 (6f): made all, quickened over 1f out, ran on well opened 4/1 touched

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 1.45 Chester Noble Citizen is well drawn in stall 3 and is well berthed to attack. He's been kept race fit with a few runs over in Dubai and has been in and around the frame to suggest all is well. Trainer Simcock has made a pleasing start to the season, and in Ahmed Ajtebi, he has a jockey on top worth his claim. Flawed Genius is also well drawn and runs under a penalty for his last time out win at Thirsk (had a few of these behind). Even under a penalty he looks to have claims as he was running credibly off higher marks last season in several decent class 2 handicaps around May-June time. 2.15 Chester Aiden O'Brien hit a bit of form today and may continue that on with Drumbeat here. The Montjeu colt was second to Redwood in a listed race last time out and could improve now stepping up in trip. He contested a couple of Group races at the Curragh last season so must be held in high regard. 2.45 Chester Frozen Fire is the class horse of the race as an Irish Derby winner, but his form at home is much more impressive than that in the UK. Buccellati is a course winner and finished a respectable third last time out when behind Tartan Bearer and Pipedreamer at Sandown. He is unproven beyond 12f buth as often hinted he may get another furlong or so. He handles fast ground and seems to still be improving. 4.00 Chester Miss Mango Hotel is nicely drawn and stayed on when last seen to suggest this step up in trip should suit. The Gosden yard are in good form and the form of her last time out second has worked out well with the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th all winning races since.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 As usual I'm now well into the baseball season and I'm spending less time following the flat than I do the jumps in winter, so my field of vision narrows a lot. Let's be honest, the flat can't touch the jumps season. That said, I normally end up going to Hamilton a few times a year and spend more Saturdays in Ladcrooks when there's no footy on. One of the problems for me is lack of time to study the flat as I'd like so I end up following a few jockey/stables. Tomorrow, typically, I have seen two of Neil Callan's that grabbed my attention. the 2.45 looks a superb race. I've always like Buccaleti, it won superby here a year ago under William Buick and has improved a lot since then. Frozen Fire shouldn't need any introduction either, Enroller and Scintillo are good animals, and Ian Williams has an intersting newcomer in Doubnov, formerly with the Go!Dolphins. I think the most interesting of the lot to me is Alan Spence's horse ALL THE ACES running for MJarvis. Last seen a year ago at Royal Ascot, first time out the frame in competitive, I'll be having this one on a wee e/w double with.... 1.45 FLAWED GENIUS. Good winner on Saturday, comes here in flying form, I thought it looked superb last week and I'll happily take on the field with this one, though I think Huzzah could be a danger.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 4.35 Chester Empowered is 8 lbs well in and runs unpenalised for his win in an apprentice race at Doncaster last time out. He has only had four runs so is open to more improvement, and although stepped up in trip, is worth a go after an easy win last time out. He is a half-brother to Authorised, and was a one time Guineas and Derby entry.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 All The Aces 2.45 Chester This race has gone to 4 yr olds six times in the last 10 years and this horse fits that trend. It has finished a 1/2 length second to Dr Fremantle at this course and was looking like a potential St Leger horse before getting injured. Frozen Fire will be hard to beat but has put in 2 poor performances in the Derby and Leger and can't be fully trusted at short odds. The Hills horse looks outclassed but you can't ignore the stable form. All The Aces has shown battling qualities and a good attitude at Lingfield and won over 12f when staying on well at Leicester and staying on. The 2nd here was on good to firm and fitness is taken on trust as it has not run for 322 days but looks a potential top class stayer and is worth taking against the favourite.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 3:15 Chester: City Dancer 2pts e/w 5/1 Bet365 (Bog) City Dancer is well drawn and represents last year's winning trainer / jockey combination. Conditions look to be in her favour and she had a good pipe opener at Musselburgh a week ago, travelling well until the furlong pole. Although Alan Berry has only had one winner in the past fourteen days - this looks a good opportunity for City Dancer.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 Chester 4.35pm - Aureate I suppose on the face of it, doesn't seem like the one to go for. However, the booking of J. Fortune should not go unheeded This and the fact it is coupled with c&d win, which at Chester is a big bonus. He is also blinkered for the first time, which sometime means an improvement in running ( or a justification for a massive change of form and usually at a big price) The one negative I can see is he's only done the business on soft and std going and with good to firm forecast tomorrow, is a bit of a worry. 1pt E.W. 12/1 on Betfair and with only 8 runners paying 1-2-3 for a place he's worth a punt! and I would argue that he is better value than the 6/4 on offer for the fav. :hope

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 2:45 Chester: All The Aces 2pts e/w 13/2 Paddy Power (Bog) Bit of a concern that has been off for almost a year, although that said goes well fresh. Ran well when second to Doctor Freemantle here last season. Form that reads well. Michael Jarvis is in good form and All The Aces acts on the going and may even improve for this step up in trip.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 Horses for courses as Cheshire Prince proved again today. In the 1.45 race tomorrow, there is a horse running off 10lb lower than when winning the race last season. Thats a mighty drop & something to take note of. CELTIC SULTAN. The horse hasnt shown up any form since last years win but is only 5yo with 21 previous runs (3 wins, 4 places). Its drawn in stall 1 so should be able to dominate. Last year was in stall 6 yet still managed to get a lead. The bookies have only priced it as 3rd fav at 7/1 best price at the moment. I was hoping for a bit bigger price so will wait til tomorrow before deciding on a final bet.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 Grrrrrrr.............the Ormonde Stakes has been decimated with 3 non runners..... I had a nice big priced EW sorted out but I'll have to re-think now........:wall Only 7 left in the Dee Stakes as well Grr.............non-runners...........:@

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 2.15 Chester - GITANO HERNANDO I love Marco Botti's horses and this horse has defintly progressed well in the races he's been in and might surprise O' Brien horse here. 13/2 is a nice price 1pt win

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 4 non runners in the Ormonde now..........:wall Scintillo - win Was going to be my EW slection at big odds - group one winner in Italy at age 2. Struggled a bit at 3 carrying a group one penalty in his races but has showed signs of coming back to his best with a couple of impressive wins on the all weather, including a group 3 race. With the passage of time his group one winners penalty has now gone and he can race in group 2 and 3 (seems to be his level) on more or less equal terms. Disappointed last time at Newbury but the Post noted that he travelled very well until his stamina gave out and he was eased. That was on soft ground on a galloping track. I think he'll get the extra furlong today on good to firm ground and at this sharp track. Small field will help as they'll probably go pretty slow. Another O'Brien hot pot to be shot at..........Frozen Fire. He's a good horse, but they've just not been winning first time out and at odds-on he's a bit of a risk. Not certain he'll handle the turning track - he didn't seem to handle Epsom in the Derby

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 1.45 - Dunn'o - EW Is bang in form and handles the ground. Won a class 2 handicap a couple of weeks ago, is lightly raced and looks to be an improving type. Just the kind of horse that wins decent handicaps. Trouble is - he's drawn 'out in the car park'...........if he had a good draw he'd probably be joint favourite with the other 2 recent class 2 handicap winners in the field. He won at Sandown from the front, so you'd like the jockey get him out sharpish and track across to join the leading bunch. What I like about him is that he led most of the way at Sandown then got headed near the finish. Most front runners then go backwards through the field - but he had another go and got up again to win. I like horses that do that.............:ok

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 No real stand out bets imo today, can generally make a case for 2 or 3 in each race... 1.45 Chester - Celtic Sultan won this race from stall 6 last year, and, from a better draw (1) and a 10lb LOWER mark, is fancied to give it a good go today. CS's form tailed off dramatically through the latter part of last year and a reappearance 21l 7th hardly inspires confidence. All that said, his CD record reads 31, beaten just 3/4l on the occasion of his 3rd, so everything looks in place for a big run. Mister Hardy strikes me as being the biggest danger, emerging from last year's winning stall. MH has started 2009 in grand style with 2 wins from 2 and finds himself 10lb higher than the first of those as a consequence. He's ran above today's mark on both those victories, Freddy Tylicki is back in the plate today, and he has an adequate 5l 2nd on his only previous start over CD. 2.15 Chester - I've tried to find a confident one to oppose the favourite with here.. and have failed. I just can't see Drumbeat failing to take this. A respectable 2L 2nd on his reappearance, with the AoB horses looking to need it, that should bring him on for this and the extra yardage will suit. If I remember correctly they have a false running rail in for the 3rd day of this meeting normally so the horses run on slightly better ground until the straight? If that is the case, then I'd expect Murtagh to drop the fav in from his 7 draw, and be on the heels of the pacesetters for when the false rail ends creating a nice gap to exploit. The thoroughly unexposed South Easter is my idea of the one to follow him home. 3.15 Chester - Another on where there's a few I'm wary of, but my main fancy is probably just Doctor Parkes, mainly on the basis of his Sandown Maiden 2nd to Triple Aspect. DP was sent off favourite that day, but had no answer to the winner's finish. 2 1/2L clear of the third however, and the winner has since went on and picked up a Gp3 event at Chantilly in September and is rated 107. Whilst I'm not saying DP is going to be just 2 1/2L inferior to a 107 rating, he gets in here off a rating of 79 and that DOES look like a handy mark. Main danger is probably City Dancer, a decent 2nd to a nice one in Ireland before winning a weak maiden. But his reappearance run and debut in this country at Musselburgh lto was a very good effort from an unfavourable draw. 4.00 Chester - Going to oppose the favourite here with Miss Tango Hotel. She stepped up on a poor debut effort with a 2nd at Newmarket lto, finding only the Evens favourite a nk too good, with 3 1/2L back to the 3rd. Crucial to today's chance is the fact that she made the running there and is nicely housed in stall 4 to attempt similar today. With 'on paper' form rivals all drawn wider she must have a good chance at making her draw advantage count. 4.35 Chester - Red Merlin finished last season on an upward curve finishing 121 and improving each time, and the gelding has resumed in similar fashion with a 3rd and a 2nd, again improving each time. Although both career wins have come on softer than good he does have a good run behind Greylami on GF so conditions shouldn't bar him from running well. He was set too much to do last time by Philip Robinson, hopefully Richard Hughes won't make the same mistake today and he can take advantage of any stamina chinks in the favourite's armour. Good luck all

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09

SportHorse Racing
Event2.45 Chester
SelectionBuccelatti (BOG)
Strength10/10
Date08/05/2009
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 4.00 (Back)
ReasoningRepresents outstanding value at 3/1 in this race in my opinion. Frozen Fire is a vulnerable favourite at odds on. He could well need the run and whether this track will suit this temperamental horse is debatable. Buccelatti has done nothing but improve with age and he ran a good race a few weeks ago when finishing 3rd behind Tartan Bearer and Pipedreamer. Only beaten a few lengths that day, that was a great performance considering 10 furlongs may well have been on the sharp side for him and he will come on for that run aswell, considering it was his seasonal debut. He has proven winning form around Chester which can be vital around this track and he is a fantastic bet at the prices in my eyes.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 Further to my analysis above, I haven't had a serious bet today, just a couple of small interest bets. 9 x cross doubles all bog (1.45... Celtic Sultan 6-1 / Mister Hardy 9-2 / Noble Citizen 8-1) (3.15... Doctor Parkes 7-1 / City Dancer 7-2 / Parisian Pyramid 11-2) A sfc double (2.15... Drumbeat to bt South Easter) (2.45... Frozen Fire to bt Buccellati) Win&Place double (4.00... Miss Tango Hotel 4/1w 8/15p) (4.35... Red Merlin 7/2w 8/15p)

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 When the race statrted I actually thought it was afalse start the way they were trotting. William Buick got it right though fairplay, you know Hughes is never going to be any good in a tactical situation.

When the race statrted I actually thought it was afalse start the way they were trotting. William Buick got it right though fairplay' date=' you know Hughes is never going to be any good in a tactical situation.[/quote'] Murrtagh got it VEEEEEEEEERY wrong though. His horse was always the best stayer and the worst sprinter imo.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 Johnny got it wrong yesterday and got it wrong again today, hes on the morning line tomorrow ''sat'' Big Mac will roast him for 2 shocking rides. From what ive watched Chester looks a very tricky course.

Murrtagh got it VEEEEEEEEERY wrong though. His horse was always the best stayer and the worst sprinter imo.
Could not agree more, said he did not want to make the running and ''get beat'' ehhh you got beat, shocking ride from a class act jockey.

Re: Chester Fri 8/5/09 He said he was only riding to instructions. Looking at the way the horse folded, I doubt he would have won anyway. IMO, the best horse won simple as that. Very underrated performer is Buccellati and just seems to keep improving with age.

No real stand out bets imo today, can generally make a case for 2 or 3 in each race... 1.45 Chester - Celtic Sultan won this race from stall 6 last year, and, from a better draw (1) and a 10lb LOWER mark, is fancied to give it a good go today. CS's form tailed off dramatically through the latter part of last year and a reappearance 21l 7th hardly inspires confidence. All that said, his CD record reads 31, beaten just 3/4l on the occasion of his 3rd, so everything looks in place for a big run. Mister Hardy strikes me as being the biggest danger, emerging from last year's winning stall. MH has started 2009 in grand style with 2 wins from 2 and finds himself 10lb higher than the first of those as a consequence. He's ran above today's mark on both those victories, Freddy Tylicki is back in the plate today, and he has an adequate 5l 2nd on his only previous start over CD. 2.15 Chester - I've tried to find a confident one to oppose the favourite with here.. and have failed. I just can't see Drumbeat failing to take this. A respectable 2L 2nd on his reappearance, with the AoB horses looking to need it, that should bring him on for this and the extra yardage will suit. If I remember correctly they have a false running rail in for the 3rd day of this meeting normally so the horses run on slightly better ground until the straight? If that is the case, then I'd expect Murtagh to drop the fav in from his 7 draw, and be on the heels of the pacesetters for when the false rail ends creating a nice gap to exploit. The thoroughly unexposed South Easter is my idea of the one to follow him home. 3.15 Chester - Another on where there's a few I'm wary of, but my main fancy is probably just Doctor Parkes, mainly on the basis of his Sandown Maiden 2nd to Triple Aspect. DP was sent off favourite that day, but had no answer to the winner's finish. 2 1/2L clear of the third however, and the winner has since went on and picked up a Gp3 event at Chantilly in September and is rated 107. Whilst I'm not saying DP is going to be just 2 1/2L inferior to a 107 rating, he gets in here off a rating of 79 and that DOES look like a handy mark. Main danger is probably City Dancer, a decent 2nd to a nice one in Ireland before winning a weak maiden. But his reappearance run and debut in this country at Musselburgh lto was a very good effort from an unfavourable draw.
Further to my analysis above, I haven't had a serious bet today, just a couple of small interest bets. 9 x cross doubles all bog (1.45... Celtic Sultan 6-1 / Mister Hardy 9-2 / Noble Citizen 8-1) (3.15... Doctor Parkes 7-1 / City Dancer 7-2 / Parisian Pyramid 11-2)
Bish bash bosh :cow