Best bet of the day Weds 6th May

4.00 CHESTER KINGS DESTINY (1m 4f, Class 3, Gd) Broke its maiden tag when winning at Lingfield in December but returned nicely to beat Thief of Time at Leicester 1st time up & should go well again. Bred to stay the trip & Trainer Jarvis has an enviable record here of 23.7% win to run ratio.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 3.15 Chester Green Manalishi E/W Like you Bowles I'm going for a Neil Callan horse too, I'll be doubling my selection with yours, so for sake of this competition I'm going for Green Manalishi in search of some better value, it's down now at around 8/1. Green Manalishi, in three seasons with Kevin Ryan is 111 at Chester over 5 and 6f. It's won off 105 and 98, today runs off 100, so within winning mark. Multiple course winner, Distance winner, Jockey is a positive too. Green Manalishi - E/W

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May Cane Cat 2.00 Bath (WIN) Didn't get away too well at Donny but ran on well at the finish and will surely come on for that run and the experience. That was on good to firm and the form of that race has worked out quite well with both Lady Lube Rye and Dispol Keasha winning since. Out of One Cool Cat and will surely need further in the future but could get off the mark today if getting away better this time. RP tissue price of 10-1 is big, I expect it to be shorter than that.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 4.35 Chester Calypso Bay starts from the outside draw here which may be deemed to be a negative, but he came from off the pace last time out in pleasing fashion and in Shane Kelly, is due to be ridden by a jockey that is able to win on horses from unfavourable positions. Forgotten Voice was poorly drawn at Kempton yesterday but Mr Cool negotiated him into a position to win and I think he can do the same with this Galileo colt here. The form of his debut third at Newmarket is working out well with the second (Native Ruler), seventh (Ostaadi) and twelfth (Uniquely Poised) all winning next time out. The eight (Horsley Warrior) has solidified that maiden form with Ostaadi too as well, and given Caplypso Bay ran on towards the finish last time out, the extra two furlongs here should be in his favour. EW.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 2.15 Chester - SIMPLE SOLUTION (1pt Win) Barry Hills has started the season in blinding form having had some 3 year old winners including the 1000 Guineas winner on Sunday. His fillies in particular have started well and I remember he had a nice winner in an Oaks trial a few weeks back (High Heeled). In todays Cheshire Oaks, Hill's runs SIMPLE SOLUTION and she looks the value in the race for me. An encouraging 5th on debut at Newmarket last season she then won an 8furlong maiden at Kempton with plenty in hand. The form of that race is not great but it has been boosted with the 2nd and 4th both running well and winning since. This doesn't look an overly competitive race and with natural progression over the winter, I think she represents a good bet at 5/1 with the step up in trip obviously going to bring about more improvement.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May Kelso 2:25. Bemadigan. 1 point LAY. Won a pretty moderate handicap last time out, having dropped down the ratings to a mark he could win from. Is immediately bumped up 7lbs for that - his sole success to date. He doesn't strike me as a consistent type, and I don't believe he will be capable of winning again from this mark.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 2.45 Chester. DESERT SEA. 0.5 pts e/w. This horse has been trained with this race in mind.It has won over 18 furlongs before on the turf.It ran well at Kempton A/W over 16 furlongs beating Gala Evening by 1 1/2 lengths and running on during it's last race in march.Trainer is in fair form having 1 win from only 2 runners on the turf and 4 wins and 4 places from 17 runners on the A/W this year.Coupled with the fact that it also fits in with most of the past trends for this race I'm happy to take the 14/1 available and go e/w.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 2.25 Kelso San Deng 1pt win Only distance winner in this race, running off an OR of 95 today and carrying 7lb extra but will go up in the ratings by 11lb in future, so he may have an advantage of 4lb's if the handicapper assessed his last race right. Also, Palaceman has layed the likely favourite, Bemadigan, which should prove to be an advantage if right.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May Bath 2.00 Curtains Win Made an encouraging debut over this trip at Brighton ten days ago when finishing well to be 3rd after being hampered. With improvement for that run likely, stable form solid and trainer having a 32% strike rate at this course in last 5 years, Curtains is my idea of the winner.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 3:05 Bath - Dressed to Dance - Back Talk about being well in! He's at least 21lb well in all-round in this claimer. His mark of 83 might be slightly on the high side, but he wouldn't need to run to his mark to pick this up. He's been running creditable races in higher classes of late, so this should be easier than those have. Has 8 times from 38 starts, so knows he way around the winning enclosure, and 2/1 looks a very fair price based on all of the above 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May May 6th Chester Cheshire Oaks 14.15 12/13 were drawn stall 6 or lower. 12 were returned 10/1 or lower. 11 had not run more than four times. 11 were british/irish bred. 8/10 were placed LTO. Leaving me two to go at Hidden Brief and Philipina. With Stoute not having a winner in this in 10 runnings and Hidden brief come against a good horse LTO when pulling well clear of the field i expect her to lose her maiden tag here. Hidden Brief win @ 10/3 >paddy power

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 705 Huntingdon: Segal I had a strong interest in one or two runners the last time Segal ran and therefore watched the race more closely than normal, I was quite impressed by the way he quickened and settled the issue and went into my memory bank as one to be one next time out before being revised by the handicapper. Due to go up another 4lbs after this race which doesnt look as strong as the Hereford heat. Hoping he can lay up and then strike for home once in the home straight.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May Chester 2.45 - Desert Sea - EW Has aleady won two class 2 handicaps, has won over 18 furlongs, has won on good to firm ground, has won on a tight track (Kempton AW), won last time out, has a decent low draw and the trainer is in form. Looks a cracking EW bet at around 16/1

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 2.45 Chester - TILT - win Was one of the trio that pulled away from the rest in this race last year, ultimately finishing 3rd - beaten 1/2L and a nk. A neck in front that day was Som Tala, who reopposes today but Tilt is 1lb better in. Tilt looked likely to win inside the distance last year before things got a bit tight. Tilt ran on well over the slightly shorter distance of the Cesarewitch at HQ in October to finish a creditable 6th of 32 at 66/1, further proving his liking for these sort of distances. Should be all the better for his reappearance run behind Hatton Flight at Epsom - too short a distance, no cheekpieces, only 1 good run out of 3 at Epsom - and back up in trip, with the cheekpieces re-applied, at a course he enjoyed last year and a decent draw in 5, can go close again.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May Ches 4.00 Headline Act 1 pt win Backed this one lto in what was an easy enough win on the a.w. The form of that win I don’t think was special but he did it well enough and he meets an interesting rival, Kings Destiny today. KD beat HA in a race that has worked out well at leic and is on slightly better terms today. However that was at 10f and Im not sure this stiffer test in terms of distance is guaranteed to suit KD, whereas it plays right into Gosden’s horses hands and the horse who earlier had decent form including a victory over gitano hernando last year, can win this.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 2.45 Chester - Gala Evening e/w Went in the notebook after few decent efforts over hurdles. Got an alert last time he's running, but it was at Kempton on the AW. Demonstrated his recent improvement once again and went close to winning off the slow pace. Today I am going to back him here despite the competitive affair and the luck in running required to come from behind. I think Richard Hughes is ideal for this horse and the hold up tactics and at the price it's worth a few quid e/w.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May Chester 2.15pm 1pt lay Roses For The Lady Form for this horse stands out as very good and many write ups on this race give this horse a very good chance of winning,me there are a few in the race that look good for improvement and winning this race is on the cards today,odds are round about 4.20/4.30 at the mo and that will do for me,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May Kelso 4.10 Kinfairy boy, 1 pt win Nice good ~3 m hurdler, who will run his second Chase competition. Previous was 4th place. Now he will have a little more weight down, thanks to nice northern tracks claimer Ryan Mania. Has very good chances if he trained to jump well on chases.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May MINOUCHKA 2.55 Kelso. 1 point win. Won many point-to-point and hunter chase races, and although this would appear a step up in class of race, the opponents do not look that much better, if at all better, than he's been facing recently. The trip and ground's not a concern and although a bit of trust will have to go into the jockey, Miss K Bryson, I think she gets on well enough with him and so should be able to go close today.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May carcinetto 315 chest. 0.5 pts ew. has a decent draw in stall 5, and thats very important over this trip at this track, and also has the form and race make up to be involved in the finish of this race. a mark of 95 would be higher than recently, but looking deep at his form and i think he has every chance in this race today. massive odds i think at around 30s on betfair.

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May

3:05 Bath - Dressed to Dance - Back Talk about being well in! He's at least 21lb well in all-round in this claimer. His mark of 83 might be slightly on the high side, but he wouldn't need to run to his mark to pick this up. He's been running creditable races in higher classes of late, so this should be easier than those have. Has 8 times from 38 starts, so knows he way around the winning enclosure, and 2/1 looks a very fair price based on all of the above 1pt win
WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER!! :nana:nana:nana:nana

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 8-25 cheltenham-ballbough jack e/way lucky to survive a bad mistake at aintree in fox hunters chase got a jockey on top who as ridden him to victory before and he was a decent handicapper on decent ground stays the trip well,so given an e/way chance in this very open looking race

Kelso 4.10 Kinfairy boy, 1 pt win Nice good ~3 m hurdler, who will run his second Chase competition. Previous was 4th place. Now he will have a little more weight down, thanks to nice northern tracks claimer Ryan Mania. Has very good chances if he trained to jump well on chases.
:nana:nana:nana Fantastic pick..... opened at 12/1 Well done

Chester 2.15pm 1pt lay Roses For The Lady Form for this horse stands out as very good and many write ups on this race give this horse a very good chance of winning,me there are a few in the race that look good for improvement and winning this race is on the cards today,odds are round about 4.20/4.30 at the mo and that will do for me,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today
Wonder if anyone will point out that this one was 3rd when 11/4 2nd fave?! :ok:nana

2.25 Kelso Also, Palaceman has layed the likely favourite, Bemadigan, which should prove to be an advantage if right.
It was right (my horse was unplaced) but what a desperately disappointing price, in terms of this competition - 8/1 was more than twice the price I laid it at. It must have drifted very badly all day.

Kelso 4.10 Kinfairy boy, 1 pt win Nice good ~3 m hurdler, who will run his second Chase competition. Previous was 4th place. Now he will have a little more weight down, thanks to nice northern tracks claimer Ryan Mania. Has very good chances if he trained to jump well on chases.
well done ogii55 great selection mate-15/2 winner:nana:nana:nana

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 8.10 Huntington Exclusionist looks a brilliant booking for mccoy tonight after being dropped 2lb for a slightly disappointing effort over ext 2m1f on good ground step up in trip should suit and hopefully mccoy gonna give him a good ride to prove he is worth all the market support for him! 1pt win Exclusionist

Re: Best bet of the day Weds 6th May 740 Hun Poor race so if King Cyrus is fit after a lay off then he will take this. He had ability over hurdles and a mark of 100 over chases looks within his capabilities. Year off and first time heen seen a fence in public, but if all goes well will go close. King Cyrus.

740 Hun Poor race so if King Cyrus is fit after a lay off then he will take this.
Good old jumps. King Cyrus for place at 1.85 followed by Gallik Dawn at 2.20. Recovered some of the losses at Chester. Enough aftereventing. Well done to all, who managed a return here today :ok