The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf

Its only now, bookmakers realize TIGER WOODS, is actually human and cant possibly win every week, fact he has won only once from four starts since he came back from knee surgery, he still gets skinny quotes from the layers and to take these prices and get on a losing run, well, divorces are on the cards! So this week at The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP in USA, lets take another runner back from injury, LUKE DONALD. Only last year he was on top of his game, in the top ten in the world rankings and swinging it for fun, then he done his wrist, its took sometime to mend, but two weeks ago he shot in the low 60,s the last two days and i believe he is spot on for this week. Taking this tournament is called by many "THE FIFTH MAJOR", its important to put in a good showing, not only the masses of money to be won, but world ranking and fed ex points up for grabs. Im expecting odds of around 40-1, but i think all the brits might lump on this, so get on early, considering LUKE has already won several times in the states, he realy is overpriced. All four days are on Setanta, so sit back and enjoy an English Winner in America, be lucky....;)

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Interesting points regarding the Players Championship.Tiger Woods is 4/1 across most of the major bookmakers and just to note that Paddy Power and Boylesports are offering 6 places on this event. I reckon that although Tiger Woods has yet to convince a few people since his return, one of these days he is going to romp a tournament and people will be seeing the 4/1 was massive and we probably wont see it again for a couple of years! Its certainly a quality field but I personally will be giving Luke Donald a berth as he's yet to convince me since his own return from injury.I would probably rather back Poulter who albeit is always erratic has developed a tendency recently to show the odd flash of brilliance in the big events and at 66/1 is worth a small investment in my book if I had to choose a home grown player. Looking at the events history, Tiger hasnt won it since 2001 whilst last years winner Sergio Garcia hasnt exactly been setting the golfing world alight recently.Big Phil is second favourite at 12/1 and won it back in 2007 and will no doubt have his followers at this price.Davis Love could be worth a shout at 80/1 having won it twice previously and is back to a decent level of form as of late.Speaking of old timers, Fred Couples has been re-living his glory days recently and he too is a previous winner and is a whopping 150/1 with Boylesports who are offering the extra place.Overall I think I will play the event as follows: 1 point ew Davis Love 80/1 Blue Square 1/4 1-5 0.5 points ew Fred Couples 150/1 Boylesports 1/4 1-6 0.5 points ew Ian Poulter 66/1 vcbet 1/4 1-5 2 points win Phil Mickelson 12/1 vcbet 1/4 1-5

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Totally agree with the WOODS theory, 4-1 would look massive on sunday night, but you wont get ahead backing skinny prices when you go on a losing run...as for FREDDY, if it was a vote for lovely man, he would be near jolly with me everytime, POULTER, in my book only plays three days out of four, which is a shame because he can shoot low and usually does on one of those three days!, which brings me to LEFTY, whatever tour he plays on, he is more than capable of turning on the class, what a player he is? it was a shame when he and TIGER where drawn together for the final round of the masters, that it wasnt the final pairing...it would have made good viewing, yes i agree if LEFTY is on his game this week i fully expect to see his name high up on the leaderboard. But for me LUKE DONALD is just turning the corner and looking at recent results on both tours, i think the more well known names this year will struggle, im certain the quality of younger pros on both sides of the atlantic are going to have a wonderful time, some breaking through and the more established runners like LUKE, will shoot up the rankings, with high finishes...Hve you read my thread on the Italian Open this week?, thanks for the feed back. By the way whats your opinion on this years greyhound Derby, couldnt help notice your name, as you would have probably realized, my name TURN LEFT, comes from screeming it a trillion and one times over 35 years of dog racing....regards.

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Camilo Villegas E/W @ 50/1 Paddy Power (6 places) Has to be a bet for me. Was right up there last week after 2 rounds and -6, but a bad 3rd round cost him. This tournament should suit his style and he could improve from his 2006 3rd and win it. E/w for 6 palces at Paddy Power @ 50/1 is definitely a nice bet. Camilo is capable of really nice golf when on form and with a bit more luck could easily win here.

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Certainly agree with the bit about capable of nice golf...CAMILLO is the type of player ive spoken about, who i think will have a trmendous season and will be recognized as a top player by the finish, if not winning in u.s.a, im certain theres a couple of tour events waiting for him in europe...regards

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf

By the way whats your opinion on this years greyhound Derby, couldnt help notice your name, as you would have probably realized, my name TURN LEFT, comes from screeming it a trillion and one times over 35 years of dog racing....regards.
See if you go the at the races forum, theres a thread for the Greyhound Derby 2009 feel through to voice your opinion on the value mate.Personally Ive got a hunch now for Shelbourne Aston,although the value is now gone as its a best price 20/1 from 50/1 prior to the first round!Ive got a few ante post bets on at massive prices which can be seen on the thread!

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf A small e/w 50/1 1-6 SJ on RORY McILROY for me has had a break and should do ok here but i think he can really make his mark in the next three tournaments after this in europe so just a small bet incase he pops up here but will probably be better for it. Can be a bit over eager at times but he's a young lad so you can understand that. Listen to your caddie laddie!

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Going to do just two outrights for what is often an entertaining championship: Tim Clark 100/1 sj 2pts e.w 1/4 odds 6 places There are bigger odds available both with conventional bookies and on the exchanges but from an e.w perspective I like getting the sixth place here. Clark is a player who has a poor record here but I don’t necessarily see why that should be. He is an extremely accurate player and that is an attribute which is of major benefit around here. He also is a very good wind player so if the wind does get up at any stage this week, what with the 17th hole, he can cope perfectly fine or at least should be able too. His form has been steady this season, only one missed cut and 5 top 13 finishes. He could have a decent week. Zach Johnson 55/1 sj 2pts e.w 1/4 odds 6 places Johnson is in many ways a similar type of player to Clark in regards that the biggest attribute to his game is his accuracy but unlike Clark, he has played decent in this event in the past. In 2005 he was in major contention before a 76 in the last round saw him finish just in the top 10 and two years ago he was top 16. What I like about him is that his form has been good this season bar a poor masters and one other event. He won an event and also has had a third and two top 12 finishes including last week. Again he is a player who could go fairly well this week.

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Too late to get the 6 places!!! :wall Anyhows 2 good ones who have yet to start their first rounds yet! Jeff Quinney @176.00 William Hill - EW (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5 places) Has finished 3rd and 6th in this event in the last 2 years! Phil Mickelson @11.00 Paddypower - EW (1/4 odds 1,2,3,4,5) Put in a great final round last week to propel him into the top 10. If he can get his putting in order which isn't that bad he could be a runaway winner. :ok

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf I'm on Sporting Index, betting on the Leaderboard, so they offer a spread for a player, say 7-9, and if that player wins they are given 100 points and you win the difference between 9 and 100 multiplied your stake. The player gets 70 points for second and so on. If the player finishes outside the top 10 the result is 0 and you lose the difference between 9 and 0 multiplied your stake. So, my two picks for TPC are: Sergio Garcia bought @ 9. Garcia's got it in him to win this, whether he will or not, I'm not sure, my prediction is 3rd/4th. Retief Goosen bought @ 7. Goosen's getting better and better, I'm not sure he'll finish inside the top 3 but my prediction is 5/6th.

A small e/w 50/1 1-6 SJ on RORY McILROY for me has had a break and should do ok here but i think he can really make his mark in the next three tournaments after this in europe so just a small bet incase he pops up here but will probably be better for it. Can be a bit over eager at times but he's a young lad so you can understand that. Listen to your caddie laddie!
I'm on Mcllroy and he was going along nicely @ -2 until the 17th claimed another victim. He found the drink off the tee then three putted his lay up for a treble bogey 6 :cry.

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf great start...DANNY WILLETT dosent play in Italian and after birdie at 1 LUKE DONALD triple birdies no 2......what? all good viewing, I noticed ADAM SCOTT early and had a bit at 100s ew...

I'm on Mcllroy and he was going along nicely @ -2 until the 17th claimed another victim. He found the drink off the tee then three putted his lay up for a treble bogey 6 :cry.
He then went for a swim again on 18 I think :\

Interesting points regarding the Players Championship.Tiger Woods is 4/1 across most of the major bookmakers and just to note that Paddy Power and Boylesports are offering 6 places on this event. I reckon that although Tiger Woods has yet to convince a few people since his return, one of these days he is going to romp a tournament and people will be seeing the 4/1 was massive and we probably wont see it again for a couple of years! Its certainly a quality field but I personally will be giving Luke Donald a berth as he's yet to convince me since his own return from injury.I would probably rather back Poulter who albeit is always erratic has developed a tendency recently to show the odd flash of brilliance in the big events and at 66/1 is worth a small investment in my book if I had to choose a home grown player. Looking at the events history, Tiger hasnt won it since 2001 whilst last years winner Sergio Garcia hasnt exactly been setting the golfing world alight recently.Big Phil is second favourite at 12/1 and won it back in 2007 and will no doubt have his followers at this price.Davis Love could be worth a shout at 80/1 having won it twice previously and is back to a decent level of form as of late.Speaking of old timers, Fred Couples has been re-living his glory days recently and he too is a previous winner and is a whopping 150/1 with Boylesports who are offering the extra place.Overall I think I will play the event as follows: 1 point ew Davis Love 80/1 Blue Square 1/4 1-5 0.5 points ew Fred Couples 150/1 Boylesports 1/4 1-6 0.5 points ew Ian Poulter 66/1 vcbet 1/4 1-5 2 points win Phil Mickelson 12/1 vcbet 1/4 1-5
Im still in the hunt with Ian Poulter.11/2 favourite at the half way stage:hope

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf 2 2-ball bets for me tonight. 3pts H.Stenson to beat D.Toms Evs Boylesports Match tees off at 19.05 BST. Henrik Stenson has a terrific overall record in this event with 2 top 10's in his 3 appearances so far and he looks well on course for a 3rd this week. David Toms has been here 16 times before this year and doesn't have a single top 10, neither has he really ever threatened one. He flew out of the traps this week did Toms but he's stalled since the 15th on Thursday and his game is too erratic for me. Stenson is solid, he's fairly long and usually pretty straight and he's an excellent putter. Over the course of the 4 days I expect Stenson to finish ahead of Toms and he can go a long towards achieving that by beating him in this 3rd round. 4pts A.Cabrera to beat K.Na 10/11 Boylesports Match tees off at 19.25 BST. Angel Cabrera is in excellent form right now having won The Masters and his 65 yesterday sees him in an excellent position here. Kevin Na is enjoying a good week but whether he can sustain it remains to be seen. Cabrera is almost 20 yards longer than Na off the tee on average and he's hitting loads more greens in regulation. We saw at Augusta how well he's hitting the golf ball and it wouldn't be a total surprise if he ended up as the Players Champion tomorrow night. Whether he does or doesn't, I do believe he'll beat Kevin Na today.

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Unlucky Kevshat, Cabrera had a mare! Tiger is gonna be proper pumping tomorrow, i fancy hes gonna have Cejka right where he wants him come the back 9, no way Cejka will be under par come then, everyone apart from lefty cant cope with playing with tiger on a sunday, look what happened at Bay Hill. Cejka still odds against but i would rather go with Tiger who I took at 10/3 when Cejka was on 14th today then i took 13/8 cejka on 18 to same stake so i ensure a profit either way if one of them wins. Ive worked thurs fri sat evening hence why i didnt already have a bet.

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Final Rounds to go today and we have a possible real turn up for the books with Alex Cjeka the German European Tour Player at the head of affairs with a 5 stroke lead on -11 from 6 players who include Tiger, Stenson, Goosen, Poulter, Crane & Byrd. I sense a real opportunity here to sniff out some value on the outright market. Most Bookies now go 1/5 odds 1,2,3 places and with such a congested field behind the seemingly runaway leader! So what do we make of Cjeka - can he play side by side with Tiger and the inevitable pressure of so many people following and watching around their game over 18 holes? Can Tiger exert enough pressure on Cjeka to make mistakes like O'Hair did in the Arnold Palmer for Tiger to sneak through in the end? I figure there could be somebody lurking behind who could post a decent score enough to come through and win this tournament! It's fair to say Tiger Woods is not the player we had become accustomed to, he is fighting his way back to the top and has had to make some significant changes to his game because of injury, which is very alien to him and he is vunerable at the moment. Cjeka has played extremely well here however I don't think it's in his make up to carry this through to win it and I would rather seek value elsewhere than go for a general 13/8 relative journeyman with a 5 stroke lead. Tiger at 9/4 can't be seen as value at all 5 strokes back! Looking at players just off the pace who strike value at their odds: Jonathan Byrd @29.00 EW Totesport Byrd lies on -6 tied for 2nd place at the moment. He can post some low final round low scores as proven in last weeks Quail Hollow in Charlotte where he propelled himself into 5th place with a final round -6! He's played solidly so far this year and smacks value at the price. Ben Crane @29.00 EW Totesport Another who sits in that cluster at -6, who can post some low final round scores. He finished 3rd in this years Honda, 11th at The Arnold Palmer so his form isn't in question. Decent price again for somebody who won't have Tiger crowds and the pressure that goes with it, to contend with! Kenny Perry @51.00 EW Totesport Although Perry sits 7 off the pace his game over the 3 rounds here has improved each time posting a 1st round +1. 2nd round -1. 3rd round -4. He's been in top form this season winning the FBR Open and finishing runner up in The Masters getting beat in a play off. Ben Curtis @81.00 EW Totesport The 2003 British Open Champion like Perry sits 7 off the pace and has been steady with his game over his first 2 rounds and then put himself in contention after a pretty horrible start to his 3rd round where he bogeyed the 1st and 3rd holes however he then proceeded to get 5 birdies to post a 3rd round -3. He has not been in great form as yet this year however he does play the bigger tournaments like this well and is invariably placed in or just outside the top 10. Again huge odds for a player who could post a low final round score to propel himself into contention if others ahead falter under the pressure! :ok

Re: The PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP pga golf Cabrera had a fcuking nightmare yesterday which was disappointing because Na wasn't much better. Hoping to recover that small loss with a couple of 2 balls today. 3pts J.Rose to beat B.Weekley 5/4 Blue Square Match tees off at 17.25 BST. Justin Rose and Boo Weekley begin their final rounds on -3, 8 shots off Alex Cejka's lead. They are both too far back to win this tournament so they are playing purely for prize money. Boo Weekley's efforts so far have been built on the back of a good 2nd round of 67. His other two rounds have both been over par whereas Justin Rose is yet to shoot over par. That's a positive for him in this match. Rose has hit lots of GIR's this week and although I think these two are very similar players and very equally matched, Rose has the more experience on Sunday's in big events and I think he'll beat Boo today. 3pts I.Poulter to beat B.Davis 4/5 Stan James Match tees off at 18.52 BST. Ian Poulter had a shocker of a round yesterday where just nothing would go right. He didn't hit his irons very well and he couldn't buy a putt which is unlike him as he's an excellent putter. Brian Davis has continually sneaked up the leaderboard and finds himself in contention in one of the bigger days of his career. Poulter is driving the ball brilliantly though and the way he hits iron shots I don't see a repeat of yesterday happening. Brian Davis will have to hold himself together on the big occasion but Poults has shown throughout his career that he thrives under pressure. I'm not a huge fan of odds on shots in these 2 balls but I do think Poulter is well worth backing to win this match today.