Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 2/5/09

Gan Amhras 3.10 Newmarket (EACH WAY) Jim Bolger was always going to wrap this in cotton wool as a 2yr old and we could see the best of it this season: Quote:

I see him as a horse for next season and I might be more careful than I normally am with him this year. But you never know with two year olds and we will wait and see how he does over the coming weeks - Jim Bolger
Won an ordinary maiden but then finished 2nd in the Goffs Million with Intense Focus behind in 3rd and that went on to win the Dewhurst, beating Delegator, Rip Van Winkle and Lord Shanakill. Has won over 1m and on good to firm and probably an insult that it is double figures. Trainer did well here with New Approach (2nd) and then won the Derby with that same horse.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day - Sat 2/5/09 Newm 3.10 Rip Van Winkle 2pt win banker. On what he has achieved so far, RVW doesn’t appeal much at his price. He won his maiden, then beat cuis ghaire in impressive enough fashion although she let the form down afterwards although she has it in her to come back this season and then ran a strange sort of race in the Dewhurst, drawn wide which certainly didn’t help, he had a fair bit to do, started to make some sort of progress before being unable to really muster much of a challenge and was patiently ridden late on. However for all of that he was only 2 lengths of the pace and that was in a race which for me favoured horses up with the pace as did a few races on that card. So on his form so far, he looks decent but not perhaps an obvious fav chance for the 2000g. However its the possible improvement this one has that makes him a real danger especially given his connections. He has been chosen as the stables no.1 ahead of a twice group 1 winner, a massive pointer for RVW imo. Im sure he will appreciate the extra trip, has everything going for it to make big steps as a 3 year old and he is the main selection for me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.