Punchestown 30th April

530 Fiveforthree WIN 7/4 Bet365 BOG. Taking the selection to pick up from where the stable left off yesterday (when scoring a treble) and land this Grade 1 event here. His run LTO at Aintree was absolutely no surprise to me, as I tipped him on the day saying.

250 - Fiveforthree WIN Can overcome a long layoff at this level and score in this high class company after a useful reappearance 3 weeks ago at Wexford. No guarantees that the Cheltenham Hurdle horses are going to be at their absolute best after a hard race last time, and its worth taking them on with this one, who was prepared for this race rather than Cheltenham after a setback at the beginning of the season. Willie Mullins has him spot on now, and could be ready to take his place at the top of Willie Mullins already brimming with talent hurdling ranks. Ground will not be a problem as long as it doesnt firm out and trip will also suit!! All positives for me. Young Townend is also a potential class act as a jockey, and Ruby would have ridden if it weren't for his love for Celestial Halo.
I was proven right on that occasion, well almost right as he was narrowly touched off. Most of the others in the race have had a long hard season and Fiveforthree should still be fresh enough to give a big account of himself.

Re: Punchestown 30th April 7:15 Skorcher/Quel Esprit. For me, the Willie Mullins pair hold all the keys in this race. Skorcher is rated within the yard as a very decent prospect and although finished a disappointing 3rd LTO, it seemed as though he didnt quite stay the extra 3 furlongs. Back to 2m today and although the gprund won't be as soft as he would have liked, aside from Quel Esprit, there doesnt seem to be any great depth in the race, even with 14 others taking their places. Quel Esprit's Champion Bumper 4th isn't looking too bad at all after Dunguib's crushing victory yesterday and whilst it is very likely he will want further than this over hurdles next season, he should have enough speed to be in the frame. Quel Esprit 1pt WIN @ 11/8 Bet365 BOG Skorcher 1pt E/W @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG Have also put on a 0.5pt Rev F/C.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.