Dunguib's future

I know he's schooled (well) over hurdles already, so that will be the direction connections take, but how do you think he would cope switching codes? How good are his performances in relation to those of the best flat 2-milers? Alfie Flits, first one that springs to mind, was an adequate Listed performer on the flat, and Dunguib has ran over 2 stone better than anything that one ever did in bumpers

Re: Dunguib's future He has schooled well over hurdles, but that is a completely different ball game to jumping a hurdle with 10 others vying for the same hurdle on a race track. I remain on the fence with regards to just how good he will be over hurdles, and whether or not he is the real deal. I will wait until he has had at least 1 and hopefully 2 hurdle events before having an opinion either way. Yes, I risk missing the value for next year's Supreme Novices Hurdle or even one of the distance events, as let's be honest, he gets two miles easily and looks like he could go further. If he could stay, then he would be a serious serious animal. A stayer with a deadly turn of foot. If he bypasses the novice ranks next season and goes for the Champion Hurdle, then he comes up against the likes of Hurricane Fly, Binocular, Celestial Halo, Punjabi, Katchit, Quevega, Go Native. Is he really that good?? I remain on the fence, as this time last season, I was 100% behind Cousin Vinny going on to be a superstar this season (as he had also been schooled), and sweeping all before him in the Novice ranks before landing the SN hurdle. Didn't quite work out like that. As a flat horse, he looks a Group 3, Group 2 animal to me. Does he look a Group 1 horse? I don't know to be honest, but he is fcuking quick.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.